LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2011 LTX Shootout ROLL CALL and smack thread....(yes i know its early lol)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011 | 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Im registered suckas! Watch out im gonna max out my noids on this race!!!!!
Old 03-06-2011 | 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
Brady is going to be the ringer in Modified N/A. For those of you that don't remember, he's the guy that picked up that GM Raceshop LTX block off of ebay a year and a half ago. I wonder how many cubes he's got now?
i got a little something to bring to that fight

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Im registered suckas! Watch out im gonna max out my noids on this race!!!!!
hell yeaaaa!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2011 | 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

i manned up and registered. look out boys
Old 03-07-2011 | 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

For all of you guys that are saying you are going to go.....................

TIME TO MAN UP and register!!!!!!!!!

The more registrations, the more a potential sponsor would agree to sponsor the event, the more potential prizes that could be given away, etc, etc...........
Old 03-07-2011 | 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Oh, btw.....

What happens if it rains all day on saturday? Do they postpone it until sunday or are we SOL?
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

^^^
Damn I hope thats not the kiss of DEATH, but good question anyway.
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

I would like to race Speed Demon 24 at the shootout. Im callin you out sissy bring your scrap up. I will come a day early or stay late if your scared to race infront of anyone else.
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For all of you guys that are saying you are going to go.....................

TIME TO MAN UP and register!!!!!!!!!

The more registrations, the more a potential sponsor would agree to sponsor the event, the more potential prizes that could be given away, etc, etc...........
I will have to gate pay. No guarantee that I can make it. Y'all that get to make decisions and go fast are lucky, cherish it, don't beat us down.
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

I would like to race Speed Demon 24 at the shootout. Im callin you out sissy bring your scrap up. I will come a day early or stay late if your scared to race infront of anyone else.

Did I miss something ?
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Ya his car sucks and he constantly talks ****. I would even let him put the best LS1 in his car he can afford since he loves them so much and they are sooooooooooooooooooo much better than LT1s. Thats all.
Old 03-07-2011 | 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Ya his car sucks and he constantly talks ****. I would even let him put the best LS1 in his car he can afford since he loves them so much and they are sooooooooooooooooooo much better than LT1s. Thats all.

Gotcha.
Old 03-08-2011 | 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

I cant Wait to see this
Old 03-08-2011 | 05:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3DFORMULA
I will have to gate pay. No guarantee that I can make it. Y'all that get to make decisions and go fast are lucky, cherish it, don't beat us down.
I don't mean to beat anyone down, please don't take it like that, not my intent at all. There's no guarantee that I can make it either. If my car breaks a week out from the shootout, and there isn't enough time to get it back together, i won't be there. I will consider my registration money a little donation on my part to keep the event going. I'd bet that every year there are quite a few people with every intention of going but either their car lets them down or life gets in the way. Stuff like that happens, it's understandable.

It's very hard for guys like Tony to do all of the footwork and planning if they can't get the commitment through the registrations. If you register and your name is up there for the world to see, it will light a little fire under you to make sure your car is ready to rock come Sept 3rd. It's quite a motivator.
Old 03-08-2011 | 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

I don't mean to beat anyone down, please don't take it like that, not my intent at all. There's no guarantee that I can make it either. If my car breaks a week out from the shootout, and there isn't enough time to get it back together, i won't be there. I will consider my registration money a little donation on my part to keep the event going. I'd bet that every year there are quite a few people with every intention of going but either their car lets them down or life gets in the way. Stuff like that happens, it's understandable.

It's very hard for guys like Tony to do all of the footwork and planning if they can't get the commitment through the registrations. If you register and your name is up there for the world to see, it will light a little fire under you to make sure your car is ready to rock come Sept 3rd. It's quite a motivator.
Well said. This is as much about supporting our community as it is about racing. Every once in a while you have to get behind something to help make it a success.
Old 03-08-2011 | 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

This happened to me last year. My motor **** the bed 3 days before the shootout. I still attended, but obviously without my car. I had registered months in advance, and just considered my money as a donation to the event.
Old 03-08-2011 | 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

We had two registered last year. We had a caliper fail on the kids car right before the race. Stuff happens!
Old 03-08-2011 | 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That is very well said. I personally am little concerned about the car. Time off from work is not a decision I have managed to get into even after 23 years at the same place. I appreciate the 2nd paragraph also. It helps us, that have not been capable to get much involved with large events, to understand.
Old 03-08-2011 | 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same here, I will register next Friday (just bought my K-Member and am pressed for money, LOL) regardless if my car is finished or not. If my Z isn't finished by then, I will be driving down in the cheeser GTO-mobile on Wednesday to hang out. If my Z isn't done, consider my registration a donation. Even if I can't race this year (I'm about 50/50 right now), than I want to do what I can to support everyone who can race!
Old 03-08-2011 | 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Id like to see a flyer made so we can post it on local forums and print some out and hand them out at car shows etc. I wish i knew how to make one i totally would. Im jus starting to learn that stuff now at school
Old 03-08-2011 | 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, a flyer would be great. I would totally be game for passing them out at local events.

Quick Reply: 2011 LTX Shootout ROLL CALL and smack thread....(yes i know its early lol)