LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

385 LT1 new best.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
You trapped almost 127 on a 355, ****. What heads were on it.

I too would like to know what all you did in the weight savings department.
The heads on the 356 were LT1 castings. I had a local guy here do them for me. I was very happy with the way that little motor ran. It was also very under cammed.

Weight savings are pretty much the usual. I finally took the stock interior out this winter and went to a single kirkey seat. Light weight carpet. Removed everything that I didn't need. I did mini tub the car also. I didn't put a larger tire I just wanted the savings of the stock metal.

I still need to do much. I have the rear bumper support in the car. I even still have the door bars in. It still has all the power window stuff. I still use the stock brakes.

I think there is still another 100lbs or so left in it without getting too crazy with a sawzall.

Ken
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

The car is a beast! Good luck on getting those 9's.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Ken, I remember talking converters and cams awhile back with you. How does it like the tighter converter? Is it spragless?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
Nice Ken, I remember talking converters and cams awhile back with you. How does it like the tighter converter? Is it spragless?
No it's not spragless.

It really seems to be better for the combo. What I mean by that is it 60' about the same maybe a little bit slower. Which for bracket racing is better. I need to hook every time the same.

What I really like is that the car really comes alive after the 1/8th. I am running about 2-3 mph slower in the 1/8th than most 10 flat cars I race. But I am running the same mph at the 1/4. Even a little faster than some.

I could not be any happier. I switched classes this year to an electronics class. So now I have fast *** dragsters chasing me. Most of the drivers won't expect my car to mph like it does. That helps bring home some money at the end of the day.

Ken
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Very nice the car seems to be working good.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:18 AM
10 Second Club

How much does that bracket race payout that you going to miss the shootout?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Launching!

$2500.00 on Sat.
$5000.00 on Sun.
$5000.00 on Mon.

I also have to think about the fuel to get there and back.

I think it would be great to race along with all the other LTx fans. Just from the dollar stand point it is hard to go to Bowling Green.

Hell even if I were to win 2 classes (which I entered in last year) I don't think it would pay for the trip. And then I have to win which is a lot easier said then done.

I will have to see how this year turns out. If I win enough money at other races maybe I can make the trip to the shootout.

Ken

Last edited by z28racerlt1; 05-05-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28racerlt1
Thanks

Then comes the injected alcohol.

Ken
You will like it, I switched to it about two years ago. I'm running the Ron's Fuel Injection - Toilet setup. If you need any info about my setup let me know.

PS - You have one good running car, good job.

Thanks
Ken
Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No it's not spragless.

It really seems to be better for the combo. What I mean by that is it 60' about the same maybe a little bit slower. Which for bracket racing is better. I need to hook every time the same.

What I really like is that the car really comes alive after the 1/8th. I am running about 2-3 mph slower in the 1/8th than most 10 flat cars I race. But I am running the same mph at the 1/4. Even a little faster than some.

I could not be any happier. I switched classes this year to an electronics class. So now I have fast *** dragsters chasing me. Most of the drivers won't expect my car to mph like it does. That helps bring home some money at the end of the day.

Ken
haha thats my little trick i play too.......nobody expects that top end grunt up at the 1000ft mark or so and by then its too late for them
Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

$2500.00 on Sat.
$5000.00 on Sun.
$5000.00 on Mon.

I also have to think about the fuel to get there and back.

I think it would be great to race along with all the other LTx fans. Just from the dollar stand point it is hard to go to Bowling Green.

Hell even if I were to win 2 classes (which I entered in last year) I don't think it would pay for the trip. And then I have to win which is a lot easier said then done.

I will have to see how this year turns out. If I win enough money at other races maybe I can make the trip to the shootout.

Ken
I don't think anyone is in the LTx Shootout for the money, lol. It seems like it's more about having a good time amongst peers. One perk is that your car will most likely be in GMHTP magazine. To some guys that's not a big deal but I think that it's pretty cool. I'm 675 miles away. The trip will probably cost me a grand for gas, food, hotel. I'm gonna treat it like a mini-vacation though.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
haha thats my little trick i play too.......nobody expects that top end grunt up at the 1000ft mark or so and by then its too late for them

SHHHHHHHHHHH.

Don't tell anyone.

You will ruin the surprise.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by joelster
I don't think anyone is in the LTx Shootout for the money, lol. It seems like it's more about having a good time amongst peers. One perk is that your car will most likely be in GMHTP magazine. To some guys that's not a big deal but I think that it's pretty cool. I'm 675 miles away. The trip will probably cost me a grand for gas, food, hotel. I'm gonna treat it like a mini-vacation though.
I hear you loud and clear. And I wouldn't come for the money. It is just I have been going to this Labor Day race for the last 5 years. I have usually done very well and been able to take more money home than what I paid out for the weekend.

I just see it hard to spend all the money for fuel and entry fees when I can go somewhere ALOT closer and have a chance to win a bunch of money.

Also I live for Bracket Racing. I LOVE IT. Although I would really enjoy hanging with a bunch of people who still love their LTx motors. I have a hard time finding that in bracket racing.

Ken

Quick Reply: 385 LT1 new best.