LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 injectors not firing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 injectors not firing

friend has an lt1 94 z28 we've been trying to get going and cant find or figure anything out, basically long story short

driving around car died on us got it towed home checked fuel pressure and it was bad so instantly assumed fuel pump, it started for a sec if u sprayed starting fluid etc, so we put a new pump in and all, well the pressure is now at 60-70 psi not cranking, checked fuses and all, anything else we should look at?

also side note, while his car was down he bypassed his vats system by wiring in resistors to bypass it, he got it to work, wont start (cause of above problem) but securtiy light dosnt flash anymore, he told me when he removes the resistor pack and uses his factory key again that worked before it flashes and sets the security, could this have anything to do with the injectors, if so how can we reverse it?

thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like vats hates you, get it tuned out as opposed to the resistor, ive found the resistor fix is problematic. check for 12V at all injectors double check the fuzes my car had an issue blowing the injector fuze until i upgraded them to 15A couldnt find a short have 52lb injectors figured they were pulling to much. ive never seen all 8 injectors fail, maybe bad gas??? do a volume test, or just replace the fuel filter.

you can rent a noid light set to see if the fuel injectors are getting the command from the PCM to fire from pep boys you just have to give them a deposit its free. works like a charm if the light blinks your circuit is good you have power and ground applied at the injector. if no blinky then check for power should always have 12V with key on, if its there then your computer isnt giving the command most likey VATS
Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

so this might be a stupid question so, but the noid light? is it called a noid or is that short for something, only reason i ask is ive never heard of it and i work at pboys parts counter (dont ever do it lol) and we just rent like slide hammers and stuff, no reall electrical stuff

and ight ill see if he can (if i dont see him soon) check them out but think he did, and yeah his fuel pump deing them him messin with that we both decided probably wasnt the best lol
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Injectors shutting down sounds like a security problem. U shure u did the procedure correctly? And the resistor value is correct for the pellet value? Have u checked out shbox website i think there is some trouble shooting u can do for this problem.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Assuming those values are correct before you do anything else, you need to be concerned with that incredibly high fuel pressure. Check for restrictions/blockage in the return line.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Im assuming he did, and yeah i founf the noid lights at pboys lol, and have an ls1 and thats all ive messed with so not to fimliar with the lt1s whats pressure should they be at?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the key on engine off the pressure should be around 43psi.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

high pressure when not cranking would be an indicator of a failed fuel pressure regulator or clogged return line. glad you found the noid lights i used to work at pepboys a few years ago too i know what ya mean, i was in the service dept though.

Quick Reply: lt1 injectors not firing