LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BBK TB vs. PORTED TB

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, another thing I didn't think of is running 1.7RR's instead of 1.6's. Sounds like you don't plan on ever putting a cam in it, so why not run some 1.7 rocker arms to get a bit more lift out of the stock cam? Wouldn't be a major difference between the two, probably only a couple horsepower, but why not?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigj2717
You're trying to do what you can to get power out of the car and you still don't have headers on it
Well there are several reasons why I have not done headers yet. First of all, I absolutely love the sound of the car as it is with the stock manifolds and y & the gmmg cat back, and it is plenty loud. I am afraid that adding headers and a catted y will make it sound like ****. 2nd, headers are expensive! If I go with headers, I prefer not to get the cheapest set out there, but rather I would want a nice quality set, like the KOOKs which are almost 900 dollars plus almost 600 for the catted y pipe. Being a full time student with only a part time job and 4 cars, that is quite a hefty chunk of change to dish out on only one. Like I said though, I will need to take the stock manifolds off anyway to change the gaskets so that is why I might end up just doing the headers, I might as well.

Quick Reply: BBK TB vs. PORTED TB