LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok im slow but please help me understand Shbox's picture

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC5.3
and last, can someone please tell me what color the water pump electrical connector is, seem to have misplaced it, thanks again everyone and shbox for your patience
http://shbox.com/1/harness2.jpg

http://shbox.com/1/temp_sensor1.jpg

Certainly all kinds of info at your fingertips at my website.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found your second pic on your website but not your first, i always try to look at other peoples threads cause they reference you alot. ok last time shbox can you name this connector, its right below the AIR pump and i just can find where it plugs into , i promise this is the last stupid question for the day.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm going to guess that it is the AIR pump bleed valve connector.

Top, right in this diagram.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brettmc
after you put the opti on, make sure it is completely flat against the timing cover BEFORE tightening the opti bolts. after you put the opti on, make sure it is completely flat against the timing cover BEFORE tightening the opti bolts.

notice i said that twice. It is VERY IMPORTANT!

after the opti bolts are tight, push on the opti harness connector. make sure it clicks into place. if it doesn't, figure out why. if you can't figure out why, the plug is most likely damaged. replace it with an opti harness pigtail and solder it in.
exactly, it kept me from turning the car on. Also use a wire hanger, cut it and it'll help you align the pin with the hole. The opti has a provision for that. once you have it aligned, put out the wire hanger and push in till it's flat.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shbox
I'm going to guess that it is the AIR pump bleed valve connector.

Top, right in this diagram.
Not the bleed valve connector, thats already plugged in, the connector in my pictures is already plugged in, which i dont get. Thanks for all the feedback Shbox, i do appreciate it.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

I guess I am not clear on what you are showing/asking or the picture is to blurry for me to tell. The bleed valve, vacuum solenoid or AIR pump are about the only things connecting around there.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
I guess I am not clear on what you are showing/asking or the picture is to blurry for me to tell. The bleed valve, vacuum solenoid or AIR pump are about the only things connecting around there.
And there was a factory recall "way back when", that disconnected the plug from the pump, and a plastic cap was put on the plug....
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

never found the culprit for that plug but i did get to start the car finally today with out any check engine light. I did notice an unusual amount of smoke coming from the engine, anybody experience this before. We are talking about 5 mins of idle time and engine smokes, car hasnt been started this long since the headgasket swap and has been sitting awhile.

Could the smoke be from me capping the dip stick tube hole out of the oil pan, During my head gasket swap i couldnt get the tube back in and ended up breaking off the tip so i just capped it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Ok im slow but please help me understand Shbox's picture