LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!!! Tune for LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrous2fast
Put a damn scan gauge on it to see if your coolant sensor is out. Throwing parts at it is as dumb as saying "yeah well I replaced this and it fixed mine so you should do it too!"

To Kyle
You are an idiot if you think a bad plug wire won't cause the car to dump a ton of fuel.
Look dude, I was suggesting a place for him to start. When my sensor was bad, I had like 14 codes none of which stated anything to do with the sensor. Replaced the sensor and all the codes were gone. People are too quick to blame the opti, o2's and other things on lt1's and I'm trying to give him a cheaper place to start. Get your panties out of a bunch.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that isn't the problem then its not cheaper is it?

Going off the law of what have i changed recently, you should start at the o2 sensors. that doesn't mean buy new and hope. You should check to see if they are working and there are ways to do that, but to shift the focus to something that has been working fine in between problems isn't that smart. Only until the o2's have been ruled out, should you move to different areas.

kyle,
Looking at this logically would say that you should look for problems. i.e. burnt plug wire. You know that isn't right, so replace it before any other parts are bought.(after o2's check out fine) Then you should move on to the non obvious parts, even though a scan gauge would show that the coolant sensor is way off for what it should read.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar issue after my longtube install. New o2's improved the problem but didn't solve it. So after some research I saw that people recommended REAR AC Delco o2 sensors from a 97-04 LS1 Vette ( Olds Alero, Grand Am, or Malibu of the same years) because they have higer wattage heaters because they are further downstream. I installed them and my problem was solved. Also you DON'T have to run extensions with these as there longer than stock. Also if you have FLAT connectors you have to convert the o2 sensor as they use the SQUARE connector no big deal. Hopes this helps.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, finally got my plug wires in and all set. PITA to get them to stay away from headers belt pulleys etc. Finally got it done and so far so good! Finally got my car back! Running great as of now!! The old plug wires were awful 3-4 of them were burned and could see threads sticking out of them and a couple the boot was pulling away from the wire. SO i am happy for now!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Tune for LT's?