LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Illinois tuners!! Where are they? Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illinois tuners!! Where are they? Any help?

Hey guys so Iv got a 93 z28 I'm shopping around for some tuners in the Illinois area. I gave flp performance a call. He said he doesn't tune 93 models. I got some luck up in Wisconsin with west bend dyno and he quotes me at $1500 ball park. Is their any lt1 tuners left? I don't plan on swapping out my opti and going 24x or swapping out my harness/pcm for a 94 and up. Anyone know where these guys are hiding?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 08-31-2017, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowz28020189
Anyone?
good luck with the search but your best bet will prob be a mail order tune. the 93 cars as im sure you know are quite the bastard of the lt1 family. being obd1 sd and the old eprom or "chip" its hard to find anyone who will mess with them. i had my car tuned by solomon @ lt1tuning.com i believe . nice guy seems knowledgable but i had alot of issues. if i were you i would send out some emails to moe bailey or ed wright both have been around a long time know there stuff and should be able to help you. what mods are done to the car? check moates.net they sell all the cables/connectors/software and you could tackle the tuning yourself if youd like to go that route.if its nothing crazy bolt ons fan temps gear/tire change i might have some old eproms with a couple different tunes loaded on them and im ditching my factory pcm so your welcome to have them even of its just to read the bin files and try to learn. good luck glad to see theres a few of us 93' guys sticking to the ol boat anchor platform...goodluck!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CFLFORMULA93
good luck with the search but your best bet will prob be a mail order tune. the 93 cars as im sure you know are quite the bastard of the lt1 family. being obd1 sd and the old eprom or "chip" its hard to find anyone who will mess with them. i had my car tuned by solomon @ lt1tuning.com i believe . nice guy seems knowledgable but i had alot of issues. if i were you i would send out some emails to moe bailey or ed wright both have been around a long time know there stuff and should be able to help you. what mods are done to the car? check moates.net they sell all the cables/connectors/software and you could tackle the tuning yourself if youd like to go that route.if its nothing crazy bolt ons fan temps gear/tire change i might have some old eproms with a couple different tunes loaded on them and im ditching my factory pcm so your welcome to have them even of its just to read the bin files and try to learn. good luck glad to see theres a few of us 93' guys sticking to the ol boat anchor platform...goodluck!
one more thing i wanted to add is DO NOT pay 1500 for a dyno tune thats insane and prob dont have the right setup to help you anyway. i would say the avg dyno tune would be 500-750 so that guy either has no idea what hes doing or clearly doesnt want to do the work. alot of these shops prey on guys like us so be mindful of that
Old 08-31-2017, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CFLFORMULA93
one more thing i wanted to add is DO NOT pay 1500 for a dyno tune thats insane and prob dont have the right setup to help you anyway. i would say the avg dyno tune would be 500-750 so that guy either has no idea what hes doing or clearly doesnt want to do the work. alot of these shops prey on guys like us so be mindful of that
Yea, I kinda figured that price was a little over the top. I might have to look into switching my harness/pcm and what not over to 94 stuff. It's crazy to think that in 2017 there's no one to figure out how to mess with a 93 ecu.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowz28020189
Yea, I kinda figured that price was a little over the top. I might have to look into switching my harness/pcm and what not over to 94 stuff. It's crazy to think that in 2017 there's no one to figure out how to mess with a 93 ecu.
but there is lol i gave you 3 options. gotta remember these cars are 20 yrs old with outdated tech were lucky to have the handful left. im sure there are others but those are the big 3 that seem to yield good results theres a couple ways to work around this issue but to each his own
Old 08-31-2017, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alvin tuned my car 15 years ago. http://www.pcmofnc.com/product-categ...-86-92-tuning/
Old 09-06-2017, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

convert it to a 94, you can get that fairly cheap im sure. it will take you a few hours to swap the wiring harness, but it's doable in a few hours.

Quick Reply: Illinois tuners!! Where are they? Any help?