LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fastest lt1 n/a with ac delco pcm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:05 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by got_hp?
friend of mine here just went 9.89 @ 132 with stock PCM mail order tuned !!!

single 300 shot out of the hole
forged 355
home ported lt1 heads/intake
GM847 cam
T-350 tranny
home built 9" rear
28" ET streets

id say thats one of the fastest LT1's without a really exotic or expensive engine setup.

yesterday he told me hes tearing it down and going to a 396 with a 400 shot.
I have customers running nines with mild engines and nitrous. Not that unusual. Spray enough of that crap in a honda, and it will run nines. :

Try it NA, with a factory PCM, factory head castings and a 4L60E. I've just started playing around with this thing this summer, should be no problem getting it there next year. I'm sure several other guys have already done it. I'm not going to make a full-on race car out of it, like Joe Overton. His is one bad fast car. Saw it run at No Problem. Seems like he has a F.A.S.T., or DFI engine management? If I can't get past the 7200/7300 RPM limit these PCMs seem to have, I may have to go that way also. I would prefer not to. Probably use a F.A.S.T. if I do, I know one of the owners.

Take care, Ed
Old 12-21-2004, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed you and ken A. are gonna have to slow down a bit you guys are getting away from me.

im gonna be scared to see what kens car does after james is done with the heads.
also im trying to get the car back running right again that way i can bring it to you after the first of the year for the tunnin on the dyno hopefully this time the opti wont blow up again like last time.

jeff
Old 12-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Seems like he has a F.A.S.T., or DFI engine management?
yep, he runs the accel DFI last i checked
Old 12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z284thgen
Ed you and ken A. are gonna have to slow down a bit you guys are getting away from me.

im gonna be scared to see what kens car does after james is done with the heads.
also im trying to get the car back running right again that way i can bring it to you after the first of the year for the tunnin on the dyno hopefully this time the opti wont blow up again like last time.

jeff
James is just freshening the valve job, and setting up new springs, last I heard. Looking forward to seeing what your new cam does for you car. Let me know when you want to do it.

Ed

Quick Reply: fastest lt1 n/a with ac delco pcm?