LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

This forum makes me feel like i made a mistake

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a **** ton of them SVT cobras over here, Im thrilled my ignition is fixed hoping to run 10s NA with the new cam valvetrain, TB, electric H20, and 4,500 stall... time to get back to the stomping action and if it aint fast enough I also got the bottle to fall back on
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

well i decided my route.. but as i buy stuff besides the bottom end a s/c... im going to install it. But i was wondering if trickflow heads are going to make a difference since they will lower my compression. But at the same time they flow better... so it level off or will i see a good gain? Seeing how they are from stroker/superchraged/nitrous motors, i dont htink i will see a gain (untill i start putting the rest of the motor together). But you guys tell me
Old 12-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned

Well i saw an LT! with intake and headers dyno 301 to the wheels and a stock 99 camaro dyno 294 to the wheels some ls1 are slow as hell with mods so remember money buys speed
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cheater
Well i saw an LT! with intake and headers dyno 301 to the wheels and a stock 99 camaro dyno 294 to the wheels some ls1 are slow as hell with mods so remember money buys speed
So, when the LT1 was stock, it was making 30+RWHP less than a stock LS1..Your point? Was the LS1 an auto. Either way it just goes to show what we already know: Stock LS1>Stock LT1.

Ps. If an LS1 is slow as hell with mods, something is wrong. They aren't even slow stock...
Old 12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Teching In

i have to agree, $$$ is the main factor in this issue...

when my 96 Formula WS.6 LT1 M6 had only a K&N, i ran equal with a 99 Formula LS1 A4 bone stock untill 110MPH, then i got beat like a red headed step-child

then the 99 Formula LS1 A4 modded: FRA, K&N, SLP lid, ZO6 MAF, and a Hooker muffler... i got the mods i have in my sig and we raced again... this time we did a 40mph roll, like when we raced stock, i was right their untill about 70mph, then i was DEf##kinSTROID!!! but hey, my car will run laps on the LS1 in a AUTOX any day of the week.

PLUS: most LS1 owners will say a H/C LT1 sounds better than a H/C LS1
Old 12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
9 Second Club

i like the sound of a v8 period... well.. i dont like dodges sound...

Ok.... Most of you know i got a new car about five or so weeks ago. And then for the past two weeks it has been in the shop getting the opti-spark replaced (for the lame, it didn't run). So i got it back yesterday and took it home.

I went out for a little drive today because I dearly missed having a car and I go to the mall. Well im ready to take a left into the food court parking lot, and i see a huge caddy coming at me from behind. Well i have a RWD Trans Am so its not like I can quickly take off on the slick road.

Well I get *** packed and slide 40 feet and I only stop after that far because a hop a curb and smash a huge snow pile. To give you an idea how hard she hit me, the face plate of my cd player was in my back seat...

Well my car took it like a man. The rear bumper needs to be repaired. NOT BAD, but needs a little TLC and new paint. My taillight is cracked and needs to be replaced. On top of that, the snow cracked all the paint on my front bumper, and it needs to be painted.

Se has insurance and her family was cool about it. Their car was a old HUGE tank of a caddy... so nothing done to it. lol.. im kinda ammused by it... but kinda aggravates me too.. i got rear ended on my 17th birthday too... this is getting old

Im 18... never any tickets... no wrecks that are my fault... im a good driver... other people need to learn how to drive....
Old 12-15-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

i personally think most ls1's don't sound very good, too raspy. anyway this **** has been beaten to death already. Dragframe, just do a freakin H/C package w/ stock heads unless your steppin up to a 383.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by warbird27
i personally think most ls1's don't sound very good, too raspy. anyway this **** has been beaten to death already. Dragframe, just do a freakin H/C package w/ stock heads unless your steppin up to a 383.
im thinking of building it from top to bottom.. ut that will be like $13,000 $14,000 dollars.. and that will be for the end of the year if i do it... i want some giddy that i can bolt up in a day er two and go rip on the locals
Old 12-16-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragframe
i like the sound of a v8 period... well.. i dont like dodges sound...

Ok.... Most of you know i got a new car about five or so weeks ago. And then for the past two weeks it has been in the shop getting the opti-spark replaced (for the lame, it didn't run). So i got it back yesterday and took it home.

I went out for a little drive today because I dearly missed having a car and I go to the mall. Well im ready to take a left into the food court parking lot, and i see a huge caddy coming at me from behind. Well i have a RWD Trans Am so its not like I can quickly take off on the slick road.

Well I get *** packed and slide 40 feet and I only stop after that far because a hop a curb and smash a huge snow pile. To give you an idea how hard she hit me, the face plate of my cd player was in my back seat...

Well my car took it like a man. The rear bumper needs to be repaired. NOT BAD, but needs a little TLC and new paint. My taillight is cracked and needs to be replaced. On top of that, the snow cracked all the paint on my front bumper, and it needs to be painted.

Se has insurance and her family was cool about it. Their car was a old HUGE tank of a caddy... so nothing done to it. lol.. im kinda ammused by it... but kinda aggravates me too.. i got rear ended on my 17th birthday too... this is getting old

Im 18... never any tickets... no wrecks that are my fault... im a good driver... other people need to learn how to drive....
thats sucks my car was hit too but i was not in it i was in the store....now my paint is all cracked on my front bumper. now i need to get my lines on the car lined up and a new paint job!!!! looking at about $3000+ to fix it right!!!!
Old 12-18-2005, 02:34 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95formulalt1
thats sucks my car was hit too but i was not in it i was in the store....now my paint is all cracked on my front bumper. now i need to get my lines on the car lined up and a new paint job!!!! looking at about $3000+ to fix it right!!!!

that is a bitch.... at least mine is getting foxed... but even if it wasn't, it is barely noticable. You would have no idea my car was wrecked... so im happy about that.

Hopefully i can get most the moeny i need to do the 98+ conversion out of the wreck. That would be nice.

Soo they said $1300 worth of damage to my car..

so $100 each fender = $200
Each headlight $200 each = $400
Front bumper enforcment and bar = $100
hood = $75
then front bumper = $???

so far $800 or so + $????

not bad... plus some paint. i need to have my rear bumper fixed anyways.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

front bumper is like $375 new but look at ebay and used parts (junk yard)
Old 12-18-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
My Friend... if you built an LT1 that had a 7-8K redline... who do you think would touch you? THat LS1 vs. LT1 argument is only valid stock for stock... once you tear apart a motor it's anybodies call.
Best statement in here! I hate these threads, just research and you can find 10,000 threads just like it and not drag us thru this again! PS my lt1 has beat a ls1/6 or two.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Best statement in here! I hate these threads, just research and you can find 10,000 threads just like it and not drag us thru this again! PS my lt1 has beat a ls1/6 or two.
My lt1 shifts at 6800 I guess its slow then Just tear it apart builder up and forget about it
Old 11-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Dude I have a 1995 TA that i built a 383 with heads and cam and headers and every thing, and I beat the sh*t out of LS1's and I even own a LS1 that I am doing alot of crap on right now.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 PM

I even beat stock LS1's with small mod's on them when the car had a stock 350 with just shorty headers and gutted cat's, 2500 stall, and 3:73 gears and a program o and ign.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
9 Second Club

HOLY OLD ******* POST?!?!?!?!?!?

what would make you comment on a post from 2005????

oh nevamind you have two posts and didn't know any better....

Quick Reply: This forum makes me feel like i made a mistake