Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's so sexy , so u wanna race or just show off
Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

What part of CAli are you in? The cops don't mess with u much I take it?
Car is registered out of state so the cops don't mess with the car too much....

as far as whether I want to race or showoff I wouldn't have put 15K into a motor to show off..... I basically want something that looks good, is professional quality and is considered amongst the fastest 5 LT1's in the world..... Which if you run 8.xx will get you in that "hallowed" ground.... there's quite a few 9.0 LT1's but most changed to something else rather than try and go 8.99.... Sikora and Rick Intrau come to mind as the only 8 second guys....
Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There was a ton of 9.0-9.1 LT1s, Baxters' 97 SS, Dilucas' red Sled, Madman/Ducote's 94 Formula and then a lot of others, some local cars that never posted any of the boards. Next season should see two very very very fast twin turbo cars that have chances for the magical 7s...

Originally Posted by taner
believe me our little blocks can take alot of power, look at rick intrau's ride. i am not even close to the power level he is making, i have no worries with the block (quickly touching wood... lol)

It never broke the block either, prety impresive.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Looks good
Old 12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Next season should see two very very very fast twin turbo cars that have chances for the magical 7s...

Who are these two that you speak of ? Any details on their setups.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Z8'S
Who are these two that you speak of ? Any details on their setups.

I dunno, ones this one guy who had his car on the cover of a magazine, I think it was Better Living, maybe readers digest, not to sure? Oh wait it was GM High tech. Clean car though. The other is a twin turbo Firebird. But, who ever hits 8s or 7s, hats off to them, insane to think a factory block would be so capable of holding that kinda power.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:24 PM
8 Second Club

LOLOLOl
Thanks
Pulled the old bullett today .The transformation begins.
Jim Moran aka INTMD8 is doing my turbo setup, pair of GT42r's 74mm.The chassis is up to it ,just need to get it out .

The firebird is it the one Madman is doing at Thunder?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

This car is gonna be sick. i cant wait till i get my tranny rebuilt so i can run 11's on the juice. lol nowhere close to 8's.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Z8'S
LOLOLOl
Thanks
Pulled the old bullett today .The transformation begins.
Jim Moran aka INTMD8 is doing my turbo setup, pair of GT42r's 74mm.The chassis is up to it ,just need to get it out .

The firebird is it the one Madman is doing at Thunder?
Yea, it looks like a nice set up, seems very capable. You really cant count the old LT1s out just yet, every time you think they have probably hit their peak, no one wants to dump the money in to a set up like that, you get suprised. I thought you wanted to sell your car? Jim is awesome at his craft, you are in good hands.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:58 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Yea, it looks like a nice set up, seems very capable. You really cant count the old LT1s out just yet, every time you think they have probably hit their peak, no one wants to dump the money in to a set up like that, you get suprised. I thought you wanted to sell your car? Jim is awesome at his craft, you are in good hands.
Everything is for sale !!! people just dont spend money
I have known Jim for almost 10 years and he has been on me to switch to turbo for awhile .Figured it was time .Dump money New W2W shortblock,ATI ProX glide,New GTP AFR's,A2W and the twins.Just a little pricey
Sorry for the Tony!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any thing better then 9.99 in an LTx is impressive now a days.

Nobody wants to do it anymore thats why.

Tony.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:17 AM
8 Second Club

There's a badass LT1 car coming out of Detroit this season...should be well into the 8's and only 355 cubes.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:54 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire67
OutlawZ-
If your using the opti or an opti replacement, the FAST XFI should be able to use the opti's outputs for CAM and CRANK position data... Just plug and play from what the guys at FAST told me via email.

If your doing a std distributor like Tony S, you would have to do something like the Accel Dual sync (or similar by others) or at least a distributor with a cam position sensor built in... Either way, along with a crank trigger.
With BS3 you can get a GM cam postion sensor and crank trigger, then run full sequential with LSx coils. The GM part resides in the same place as a distributor but is only a plug/oil pump drive with a CPS...

Lots of ways to do it, just depends on the fundage
Not sure who you are talking to at F.A.S.T., but unless something has changed there in the alst couple of weeks, you have to run in batch fire mode with the Opti. The factory box determins which cylinder is which by the length of the windows in the trigger wheel. The XFI box only "looks" at the leading edge of the windows. Has no idea which is #1, etc. You need a discrete/seperate cam position signal for sequential mode with F.A.S.T. Batch fire makes the same power, according to my source (calibrator at GM), sequential mode is for emissions. I also have some wiring info for anybody that is going to use the XFI with an Opti. Worth more than 35 rwhp over following their instructions. Be certain, also, they ship you the LT1 version of the XFI box. Mine has a label on it indicating it has the LT1 firmware. First box did not. Stared and ran in the garage at home OK, not on the dyno.

Something I thought about, but have not tried for a cam signal with a single plane intake: The '96/'00 305"/350" Vortec trucks use a dist for only the cam signal, and cap/rotor. Should be cheaper than an MSD. Could possibly be used to run the XFi as sequential. I asked the engineer there I have talked to several times if it would offend them if I sent a list of sugestions. He says no, so I need to get it compiled. It's mostly software related. One thing I miss about mine, compared to the factory PCM, is cyl-to-cyl fueling adjustments at idle, then different tables for WOT adjustments. Of course, it has to be in sequential mode for that (So they would need to look at trigger window length for the Opti). Like it is if you lean certain cylinders at idle, the same cylinders are leaned at WOT. I have not had one yet that had the same cyls rich at idle and WOT. I can make the part throttle cyl-to-cyl table in the factory PCM adjust individual cylinders at WOT. Right now I have four dark plugs if mine idles very long. They used to all be white.

Sorry this was so long, Ed

Last edited by Ed Wright; 12-31-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone used Megasquirt on a lt1 yet?
Old 12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed I am having the same problem at idle. 4 plugs white, 4 plugs black.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:50 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Ed I am having the same problem at idle. 4 plugs white, 4 plugs black.

Rick Abare has the same problem with his Holley system. I had them both idling with eight clean plugs with the factory PCM. Mine and Rick's don't sound, idle, nor drive around at low speeds like the factory box. 7K + @ WOT is the only place they shine. Mine makes the same power up to 7000 with the factory PCM. With mine & Rick's, the rear two on each side are the rich cylinders. Well over 400 deg difference in my front & rear header pipes. Sounds like a turd at idle, but spins up past 8000 like it's nothing now. 9000 is the highest it has been so far. No more cam than I have, I was a little suprised. Gets lazy past 8500/8600. More cam or wider LSA would fix that.

Do you have a cam position sensor in your MSD dist? If you do, and you are operating in sequential mode, remember if you lean the rich cylinders at idle, they will be leaner WOT also. I think they need two sets of tables for that. That's one of the things on my list. Need to get it compiled and sent off.

Ed
Old 12-31-2006, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

How do you know if you have the LT1 box Ed?? Cause I still have all the packaging etc with my XFI stuff....

As far as opti I'm dumping the opti and going rear mount distributor with cam sync so I can use sequential....

Glad to hear there are going to be some kickass LT1's coming (including the one i'm building)

Looks like a resurgence of the LT1 camp trying new things... I though about ahuge single turbo Chris but the money was going to astronomical..... i might still do it later on..... i'll mess with this one first....
Old 12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang I like the way my car drives down low. Let us Know if they listen with the XFI.

As far as MS? I like it. REAL basic in many ways. Not sure how dependable it is. We are using it on one blower car right now. It goes from running great to being all over the place for no reason. We are still trying to chase it down.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love seeing fast LT1's...
Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I'd like to know too as to how you know whether or not you have the LT1 XFI box. The back of my box has a sticker and some writing about my setup LT1, 383, etc..... but I'd still like to know for sure.

Quick Reply: More pics of my 8 sec LT1 buildup