Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT1's are the road less traveled.

They're:

-harder to work on
-harder to make faster than an LS1
-harder to maintain
-harder to make look good (blingtastic show-quality good, not just "clean.")
-harder to earn respect with

I guess the reason I hang onto mine is because, after I get done wasting an LS1, I feel that much more accomplished.

LS1's are just too damn easy.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Well it was a gift basicly.. all i could get. I would have got a LS1 if i could. But with my goals of 700 at the wheels, it really dont matter what you start with. Its gunna take a bottom end, fuel system, heads, cam, and forced induction with either platform (to do it within a reasonable price range).
Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury

They're:

-harder to work on
-harder to maintain

I guess the reason I hang onto mine is because, after I get done wasting an LS1, I feel that much more accomplished.

This man knows.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They're:

-harder to work on
-harder to maintain

ditto.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm.... Because this one was paid for before they quit making them
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Because they're the freaking underdogs! Plus they look, sound and feel mean! They're the last of the true muscle cars imo.

Plus the cost difference is huge. I got my 97 M6 Camaro for $5500 with 53k on the tach and a sound system.

Plus, I love the looks on LS1 owners faces when I beat them on the street.

LT1s are NOTHING to **** with when they're in the hands of a real driver! Mine's about to run 12s with nothing more than tires, LTs back exhaust and a cai.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think LT1 body styles look better IMO ..i dont want a catfish frontend (LS1 camaro) and i think the LT1 trans ams are so simple and badass.. also the price difference is amazing and also the raw, brutal feeling is unexplainable.. let the muscle car live!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

A black WS6 Formula LT1 car is sex on wheels
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Been in this crap for wayyyyyyyyyyyy to long to sell out on the TA, I would loose my *** if I sold the LT1 really bad. Any case If I did get some thing else, it wouldnt be to go LS1, I dont give a **** about 4th gens any more other than the one I got and now adays could care less for older Fuel injected cars. They are all nickle and dime money pits. If I got out it would be for one or two things, get a clean C3 Vette and build a Gen I SBC for it or get a C5/6 Vette and just drive it. Other wise I just want to have fun with what i got now, I dont give a rats *** about all this message board bull **** any more, I'm building some thing for me, not for any else. I still like my 4th gen and think I can build some thing fun with it. I also think LT1 TAs can still look good.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

BTW you guys think Dom will ever beat a LT1 car?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

cause they are the under dogs. Love it when people just say "ahh it's just an LT1 it aint got ****" then comes the *** raping.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Been in this crap for wayyyyyyyyyyyy to long to sell out on the TA, I would loose my *** if I sold the LT1 really bad. Any case If I did get some thing else, it wouldnt be to go LS1, I dont give a **** about 4th gens any more other than the one I got and now adays could care less for older Fuel injected cars. They are all nickle and dime money pits. If I got out it would be for one or two things, get a clean C3 Vette and build a Gen I SBC for it or get a C5/6 Vette and just drive it. Other wise I just want to have fun with what i got now, I dont give a rats *** about all this message board bull **** any more, I'm building some thing for me, not for any else. I still like my 4th gen and think I can build some thing fun with it. I also think LT1 TAs can still look good.
Pretty much how I felt. I'm sick of f-bods regardless of the engine. My C4 has taken me back to the days when I loved driving. Hard to explain. I dont see myself in anything else other than a vette from now on. Undiscribable feeling even though it's stock at the moment.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Pretty much how I felt. I'm sick of f-bods regardless of the engine. My C4 has taken me back to the days when I loved driving. Hard to explain. I dont see myself in anything else other than a vette from now on. Undiscribable feeling even though it's stock at the moment.
the vette gets them wet
Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

IF I get a Vette it will have to be at loeast an 00. I drive Vettes all the time and the C-5 is where it would start. I Could not trade my Z28 for a C4
Old 07-19-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
IF I get a Vette it will have to be at loeast an 00. I drive Vettes all the time and the C-5 is where it would start. I Could not trade my Z28 for a C4
Why would you have to trade? Keep them both if you feel that way. C4's and C5's are two differnet things. It kinda helps me understand why people stick with thier LT1 style Fbodies VS newer style. I love the styling of the later model C4's and for the price you cant lose. The C5 looks sexy also but I would never trade my C4 for one. If anything Id have both. The new C6 doesnt make my cack hard. At best I get a semi.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're:

-harder to work on
-harder to maintain

i'll be the what 4th in this thread to agree?

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
Because they're the freaking underdogs! Plus they look, sound and feel mean! They're the last of the true muscle cars imo.

Plus the cost difference is huge. I got my 97 M6 Camaro for $5500 with 53k on the tach and a sound system.

Plus, I love the looks on LS1 owners faces when I beat them on the street.

LT1s are NOTHING to **** with when they're in the hands of a real driver! Mine's about to run 12s with nothing more than tires, LTs back exhaust and a cai.
Originally Posted by coldkillinTA
i think LT1 body styles look better IMO ..i dont want a catfish frontend (LS1 camaro) and i think the LT1 trans ams are so simple and badass.. also the price difference is amazing and also the raw, brutal feeling is unexplainable.. let the muscle car live!
preach it!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

If you ever lose faith in the LT1 drive a C4. I never knew a LT1 could pull so hard stock. Mabey it's because my last setup was in a vert lol. People think I'm this huge LSX fan who hates LT1's but I'm just a little more realistic then some. Nothing wrong with loving the LT1 setup. What is wrong is to think the LSX motor is a better motor as well it should be.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like C4s a lot, they look bad ***, drive nice, but they cost a ton more than 4th gens F-bodies do, parts cost more and they have problems just like a 4th gen if not more.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I agree with you man but for a very different reason, car payments. If I got a Vette in the next 2-3 years, it would have to be by then an 04 at the oldest. I cant pull $20K out in cash to buy a 97-99, even then, dont want to spend that kinda money on some thing that old. Vettes loose value from new like any thing else and around the 30ishK mark when their only two or three years old I think their a good deal. It wont be that old when I'm done paying and if I want some thing else I can still sell it for some thing and get some change back, atleast half the initial principle if not more. I dont want to finance a 6+ year old car, it be 10 or 11 when its paid for and give me 10 year old car problems all the while I'm making payments on it.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96
cause they are the under dogs. Love it when people just say "ahh it's just an LT1 it aint got ****" then comes the *** raping.
thank you! lol ive bent over more than one ls1 at the track and none of them were stock they are fast but they're not this all high and mighty car that is un touchable, its faster stock for stock but come the **** on its a newer car with better technology and a bigger price tag it damn well should be faster stock for stock
Old 07-19-2006, 03:41 AM
11 Second Club

For respect. Ive been 11's with no heads, cam, intake. Just a TB and some juice. Some LS1 cant get 11 with heads and cam. or just nitrous like I have. Plus the torque to alot better.

Quick Reply: Why build/keep an LT1?