LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is this saying it will fit the LT1 and LT4??? Or am I reading it wrong? Weird
Old 01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
8 Second Club

Like I've said in the other thread a couple times already:

Summit is just taking pre-orders! Edelbrock gave them the estimated ship date, but I would bet anyone that that date gets moved back at least a couple times!

I have an inside source at Edelbrock, and last I spoke with them (which was at the SEMA show in November), they told me that it wouldn't be ready to ship at least until March, if not later!

I'm just warning you guys not to order one and think you will get it in a couple weeks... it will most likely be a few months!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The air gap doesent justify the cost...........

You would be better off using a carb style intake with a LS1 throttle body. Would be about the same cost
Old 01-18-2007, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NotACop97Z
So is this saying it will fit the LT1 and LT4??? Or am I reading it wrong? Weird
I think there is 2 part # one for the lt1 and one for the lt4 when you call summit.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

"These Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap LT1/LT4 intake manifolds utilize a proven short runner tunnel-ram style that provides that next level of performance you have been looking for. They are both direct stock replacements for OEM equipment with all required emissions features. The Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap LT1/LT4 intake manifolds are manufactured from aluminum and feature a natural finish. Edelbrock's patended Air-Gap design delivers a cooler and denser air stream for maximum power output. They are designed to work with either stock, 52mm or 58mm Edelbrock throttle bodies, and will accept OEM fuel rails"

This is from Summit
Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only way I would think of wasting that money is if I couldn't find a LT4 intake to run with AFR's. Other then that, stock ported intake manifold with the right head combo will make enough power for most of the daily driven guys.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by titter
Only way I would think of wasting that money is if I couldn't find a LT4 intake to run with AFR's. Other then that, stock ported intake manifold with the right head combo will make enough power for most of the daily driven guys.
exactly. Stop spending all this money on LT4 intakes (which is basically a powdercoated LT1 intake) and port your stock one. And if you just want it to look nicer it's a whole lot cheaper than $400 to get one powdercoated at a local shop than that for the LT4 intake.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm I wonder if you have to do some head porting to get the ports on the heads to match the edelbrock intake. Maybe they've changed it, but the original instructions and product information stated, the ports on the head would match up with their own heads, and required grinding on stock heads.

If I ever win the lottery (good luck) I'll have a composite intake produced that makes more power than stock. How's that sound

Last edited by buffman; 01-18-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Don't bother ordering one of these until early April. I had one on order with Summit and the expected ship date was 1/26/07. Today, it got moved to 2/16/07. When I called Summit to ask about it, they called Edelbrock while I was on hold and came back and said it would be late March or early April before they'll have any available.

So backordered doesn't mean backordered. It means pre-ordered in this case...

Ponyhntr's inside source was correct.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TX20D
Don't bother ordering one of these until early April. I had one on order with Summit and the expected ship date was 1/26/07. Today, it got moved to 2/16/07. When I called Summit to ask about it, they called Edelbrock while I was on hold and came back and said it would be late March or early April before they'll have any available.

So backordered doesn't mean backordered. It means pre-ordered in this case...

Ponyhntr's inside source was correct.
That ******* sucks,what is up with Summit, they should tell you that when you order it.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Amen brother!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. Way too damn expensive
2. Still not composite material
3. My bet is tiny gains if any over a stock lt1 manifold
4. The shipping date says 2/16/2007 now
Old 01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Frankly the reason they keep jerking people around is because people are STUPID enough too take it and keep generating buzz for them just like this and keep ordering them even when everyone who has ordered for the last 6months+ has not recieved.

You want a company too do things right you need to stop rewarding them for doing things wrong. Do not order parts when they have proven they are not in production, and don't keep talking about the "vast benifits" of something completely untested.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

So I'm stupid for being willing to try something that everyone else is just waiting for and won't try? I think it's even more stupid to sit around and just do what everyone else does or just go by what everyone else "says" is the best setup. If everyone copied each other, no one would be getting faster or learning ANYTHING!

And who says I'm generating buzz for summit?? I was pretty pissed with them for saying it was for sale and would ship in 5 days from the date of my order. And I let their customer service know it. And now I have confirmed what was mentioned in this thread about the production status of the intake. So now everyone knows and no one else has to go through what I did.

What I was wanting to do was get the intake, flow it against my stock LT1 manifold and the port it and flow it again to see what kind of gains could be made. I think this is exactly what everyone else is wanting to know. If I would have gotten the intake when Summit initially promised, I could have had some results by the end of next month which would have probably been a lot faster than GMHTP would be.

Last edited by TX20D; 01-19-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

So I'm stupid for being willing to try something that everyone else is just waiting for and won't try? I think it's even more stupid to sit around and just do what everyone else does or just go by what everyone else "says" is the best setup. If everyone copied each other, no one would be getting faster or learning ANYTHING!

And who says I'm generating buzz for summit?? I was pretty pissed with them for saying it was for sale and would ship in 5 days from the date of my order. And I let their customer service know it. And now I have confirmed what was mentioned in this thread about the production status of the intake. So now everyone knows and no one else has to go through what I did.

What I was wanting to do was get the intake, flow it against my stock LT1 manifold and the port it and flow it again to see what kind of gains could be made. I think this is exactly what everyone else is wanting to know. If I would have gotten the intake when Summit initially promised, I could have had some results by the end of next month which would have probably been a lot faster than GMHTP would be.

You hit that right on the head, I am with you all the way on this
Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
8 Second Club

Don't be pissed at Summit... they were just going by what Edelbrock told them. It seems like it has become an industry standard to say that something will be available on x date, then push it back about 5-10 times until it actually is ready for consumers.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not really pissed at summit that much. I'm more pissed that I didn't a chance to test out this intake while my motor is being built and actually have a chance to do some R&D...

Edelbrock needs to get their **** together and make some intakes and quit telling their distributors it's available.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not really pissed at summit that much. I'm more pissed that I didn't a chance to test out this intake while my motor is being built and actually have a chance to do some R&D...

Edelbrock needs to get their **** together and make some intakes and quit telling their distributors it's available.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I am not saying wait for everyone else too test things. There are a handful of parts on my car that were part of first production runs, BUT I waited till I had things in hand and tried them before acting like they were good.
I was also the first on the major b-body boards to try AI for topend work. They had great results with f-bodies so there was not really a risk there, I had done my research and knew the chance for sucess was good.
With the Edelbrock thing and the flat out sad performance of their heads and cam I think it foolish to believe this intake will be worthwhile. Sure someone needs to test it an needs to understand going in they are risking completely wasting every dime they invest.

It is not those who want to test new things I criticize. It is those who ASSume everything from a big company has to be good. In this case we have to consider this is a company that sells a heads and cam package capable of UNDER 400fwhp by their own numbers.

I had a Performer intake on an older carbed vehicle, was a good mod I just think the evidence shows they and many others are having trouble improving upon OEM stuff as the OEMs push the limits further. GM left a lot less room for improvement with the LT1 intake than it did on the intake on my '84 K10.

You guys are also foolish blaming this on Edelbrock alone, Ponyhntr is at least bright enough to see this is becoming the RULE rather than the exeption, look at the MSD opti/cap and rotor, Accel opti was the same way, Hedman has been doing the same with several new b-body header designs, the list goes on.
It is the rule now because people tolerate it and by placing orders before available even go so far as too encourage it. Summit's "My Garage" feature is great, add these things too your wish list and just check it once in awhile and you can easily stay up too date on what is in stock. You can be sure they look at who has what bookmarked which will help them in deciding what too build when.

Far as the shots about what everyone says is good, trust me I have a better handle on that than most of you. Edelbrock has a lot of good stuff for Gen 1 motors, nothing good for the LT1, yet based on the good Gen 1 reputation(what everyone says) YOU are ready to shell out $500+, I am not.
AFR is the same way, LT4 stuff the list goes on, when the things that are supposed to work don't you just continually make excuses and attack those smart enough too see the light rather than open your own eyes
Old 01-19-2007, 11:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You guys are also foolish blaming this on Edelbrock alone, Ponyhntr is at least bright enough to see this is becoming the RULE rather than the exeption, look at the MSD opti/cap and rotor, Accel opti was the same way, Hedman has been doing the same with several new b-body header designs, the list goes on.
It is the rule now because people tolerate it and by placing orders before available even go so far as too encourage it.
Yeah, I see it everyday, as I work in the industry. Hell, the company I work for even does this, even though I don't agree with the techniques AT ALL!

Quick Reply: Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.