LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUT I waited till I had things in hand and tried them before acting like they were good
I never said it was good or assumed it was. I was merely trying to attempt something new. How the hell am I supposed to test it if I don't have one???

You guys are also foolish blaming this on Edelbrock alone
Edelbrock makes it. If they are giving false availability dates, they are to blame. I didn't know the intake wasn't in production. I didn't even see this thread until after I ordered. So quit grouping me with whatever "assumptive", naive group you're talking about. I agree with you and Ponyhntr that it shouldn't be tolerated. The exact reason why I canceled the order.

Far as the shots about what everyone says is good, trust me I have a better handle on that than most of you. Edelbrock has a lot of good stuff for Gen 1 motors, nothing good for the LT1, yet based on the good Gen 1 reputation(what everyone says) YOU are ready to shell out $500+, I am not.
You don't know me and you don't know what I know and just because you were the "first" to run whatever you did doesn't make you smarter than most of us. I don't really care what Edelbrock did with Gen I and I'm not basing any of my decisions on that. I have a stock LT1 intake, LT4 intakes are tough to find and this was the next best thing to try. Plain and simple. Quit gloating all over yourself and talking to us like a bunch of kindergarten kids. If I want spend $500 on a untested setup, that's my decision and I won't blame anyone, you included, if it doesn't work. But if it does turn out better, then it ends up being worth it. How hard is that to understand?

Last edited by TX20D; 01-20-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TX20D
You don't know me and you don't know what I know and just because you were the "first" to run whatever you did doesn't make you smarter than most of us. I don't really care what Edelbrock did with Gen I and I'm not basing any of my decisions on that.

If 96capricemgr was so smart he would not be racing a ******* taxi cab.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

kids

Just remeber my NA stock shortblock taxi is a member of the 11 second club and a street car not a race car.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
kids

Just remeber my NA stock shortblock taxi is a member of the 11 second club and a street car not a race car.

Uh, ok. Well just remeber my stock longblock 305 TBI 91 Camaro was running 12.30's 13 years ago before there was ever such a thing as LS1Tech. But that doesn't make me an expert!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Taxi! Taxi!

Take me to CP.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Taxi cab??? I also happen to own one of these taxi cabs (96 impala ss) with a T56 conversion and wouldn't trade it for the world. If you don't agree with some of the comments 96capricemgr says I can understand that but making comments like above is childshish. "If 96capricemgr was so smart he would not be racing a ******* taxi cab." hek we all are stupid then because it would easier to go faster finding something like a Mazda Rx7 and swapping in a Ls1. Very good power to weight ratio. Remember its not just how fast you go but how fast you go in the car you like.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I am not an expert I just have an above average ability too see reality without being blinded by marketing BS.

Like I keep saying Edelbrock's own numbers on their heads cam package are like 396fwhp through 1.75" headers, most of you see that as the standard for which a heads and cam package should deliver at the wheels. They also listed an intake in the catalogues a decade ago but admitted defeat without ever releasing it having failed to gain enough to make it worthy of production. I think it only logical to expect more of the same from this intake, would be nice if they prove me wrong but I don't think they will.
They have already been quoted as saying 3-7hp gains too folks who saw them at SEMA and the like and their older info said would not fit stock heads without machining.
Lingenfelter also tried to build a new LT1 intake and admitted they did not come up with anything worthy of production, they did offer a few TPI Superram setups with LT1 bases but that was it.
A search showed this came up as a BBK thing(edelbrock and BBK are almost one in the same) early last february and they claimed an early spring release then, here we are a year later.
I am sure there are some of you reading this who understand the logic I am trying to express, most of the others posting though blindly believe and I need to admit no amount of intelligent debate can help them.

Please look into the history on this, seriously a decade ago you could order an Edelbrock LT1 intake much like you can today. If they release something it will be more to take advantage of the LT4 void than because they have some great new product. If they really had something worthwhile they would have capitolized on the LT4 intake shortage which is a year old now.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:07 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I admire TX20D for purchasing a new product for R&D and to better his setup. I dont think he "ASSumed" anything about it being better because it was an Edlebrock product. I do agree that is outright wrong for companies to offer a product for sale without having it on hand.

As far as 96Capricemgr............... We are getting sick and tired of your lame advice about "jumping on bandwagons" and "ASSuming" this or that is better! If someone wants to buy AFR heads........let them do it! It is better than a stock LT1 head even if they did not need to go that route. Furthermore......the AFR head does not depreciate like stock ported heads. You can get your money back later if you decide to sell the AFR's. Same goes with this Eldebrock Air Gap Intake..........how can we know if it works without people buying and trying? I have been in this LT1 game for 12 years now. I was running 12's in the mid 90's when most were stuck in the mid 13's. I was also one of the first to hit 10's back in 1999 and one of the very few 9 sec cars now. Back then......we did not have these sites for information to get accurate info of what parts to buy and what not to buy. I learned as I went a long and sometimes bought or did the wrong things. In today's raciing world, people can go on these boards and find the good and the bad and can pick a good combo that will work right the first time they build something. You think just because you are using stock casting heads and intake.......that no one else should buy anything but that! You built YOUR combo the way YOU wanted and it worked. I congratulate you for that. There are MORE ways to build a combo that will work as well or better than yours. This includes new products as well as AFR's, Single plane setups.........etc. Do us a favor stop giving advice! Half the time it is wrong! With you it is your way or highway and if someone tries something else......you get your panties in a waad. A bunch of us on this site have been biting our tongues for months to say this to you. I got tired of biting my tongue.

And people wonder why we dont have a lot of choices in aftermarket parts for the LT1! Its because of people like 96capricemgr who takes an oath of loyalty to stock parts and preaches them to the extreme.

Look at the LS1 guys. They have a far more improved heads and intake than the LT1. But most of them still go with the aftermarket heads and intakes now. Why...........because they are better parts that yield better gains.

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 01-20-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

TX20D, did you order the Lt1 or the Lt4?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

How difficult is it to port a stock intake manifold? Last thing I want to do is **** mine up.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

So I'm stupid for being willing to try something that everyone else is just waiting for and won't try? I think it's even more stupid to sit around and just do what everyone else does or just go by what everyone else "says" is the best setup. If everyone copied each other, no one would be getting faster or learning ANYTHING!

And who says I'm generating buzz for summit?? I was pretty pissed with them for saying it was for sale and would ship in 5 days from the date of my order. And I let their customer service know it. And now I have confirmed what was mentioned in this thread about the production status of the intake. So now everyone knows and no one else has to go through what I did.

What I was wanting to do was get the intake, flow it against my stock LT1 manifold and the port it and flow it again to see what kind of gains could be made. I think this is exactly what everyone else is wanting to know. If I would have gotten the intake when Summit initially promised, I could have had some results by the end of next month which would have probably been a lot faster than GMHTP would be.
My first impression was this intake was a waste of money, on the contrary it needs to be guinea pigged, I commend you for doing that. The LT4 intakes are now extinct, mine was sold the minute I decided on the SuperVic and it's still bolted to the engine waiting for the SV to be finished. I love experimenting on my car, it's how I learn and share experiences. For my build I think a custom SuperVic is hands down by far the way to go over a custom sheetmetal intake, but that's because I plan on experimenting with my present ASM Monoblade TB, then an Edelbrock 1550cfm 4-barrel TB and then I might even try a Holley King Demon, just because I farking said so. It's what makes this hobby fun, experimenting, if we all just followed an ABC way of doing things there would be no challenge to it.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey as soon as you get it from summit TX20D let us know what the flow numbers yield. I think its cheaper from Jegs too. I checked about a month ago and summit wasnt even listing it, but Jegs was. Or who knows maybe Jegs is just lazy and hasnt updated their webpage.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
My first impression was this intake was a waste of money, on the contrary it needs to be guinea pigged, I commend you for doing that. The LT4 intakes are now extinct, mine was sold the minute I decided on the SuperVic and it's still bolted to the engine waiting for the SV to be finished. I love experimenting on my car, it's how I learn and share experiences. For my build I think a custom SuperVic is hands down by far the way to go over a custom sheetmetal intake, but that's because I plan on experimenting with my present ASM Monoblade TB, then an Edelbrock 1550cfm 4-barrel TB and then I might even try a Holley King Demon, just because I farking said so. It's what makes this hobby fun, experimenting, if we all just followed an ABC way of doing things there would be no challenge to it.

Well stated Brett
Old 01-20-2007, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Uh, ok. Well just remeber my stock longblock 305 TBI 91 Camaro was running 12.30's 13 years ago before there was ever such a thing as LS1Tech. But that doesn't make me an expert!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really think it best that we wait and see what this intake does.

I would be more than happy to get 6-7 hp for $500.00.

The factory LT4 intake was really a good deal. GM had it priced way cheaper than a stock LT1 intake. The Edelbrock intake looks to be about as complex as a cast aluminum LS1 intake and is priced pretty much the same as one.

I will buy an Edelbrock intake as soon as they are available.

Daren
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope the part comes out, it will fill the void GM left when they stopped making the LT4 Intake. Far as people trying different things, whos gives a damn, their car, their money let them do what they want. So what if the intake isnt a vast improvment over the factory LT4, you cant get one from GM any more, you can get this one hopefully in due time. Far as we know it could be a good peace, I want to see it actually tested against a stock peace, then tested after having work done to via a competent porter like Port pros. AFR heads work, many cars out there that are proof of that. Cant blame the product for some peoples lack of ability to get a good set up that works, the ones that do run their *** off. I want to see how their new line of heads stack up as well. Lot of us arent jumping band wagons but are leaving an open mind to see if these products work before dismissing them completley. I have seen factory LT1/LT4 headed cars run good, seen the same from AFR cars, lot of it goes past what heads on it.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
kids

Who cares? I mean really?

This year my stock short block car will DESTROY your taxi on the motor only and easy launch and a smaller stall but does anyone care? No! Oh and mines a street car with a stereo.

There are tons of Impys and taxis in the 11's its nothing new, its like an LS1 owner who is proud that he ran 12.9's..... Its something that a lot of people do

Don't know why you run your moth so much assuming things? Maybe its because your EGO is to big for your head with your HIGH 11 second babttle tank? Takes a lot of guts to jump on someoe saying they are wasting their money on big valves when you know pretty much nothing about their motor or cam specs....

Someone needs a trip to banned camp

Tony Shepard= 10th fastest LT1 as of last year.

96 Taxi Cab= at least 31 spots below him (most of those cars being street cars)

I agree with the other on you to stop giving advice!

Back on subject, its everyones own money, do what you want

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-20-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bhop42
TX20D, did you order the Lt1 or the Lt4?
LT1. The LT4 version wasn't even available to purchase, err I mean pre-order.

Last edited by TX20D; 01-20-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
Hey as soon as you get it from summit TX20D let us know what the flow numbers yield. I think its cheaper from Jegs too. I checked about a month ago and summit wasnt even listing it, but Jegs was. Or who knows maybe Jegs is just lazy and hasnt updated their webpage.
Sorry man! I already canceled the order. I got a motor being assembled right now and can't wait until April (probably August or September) to get this intake. I'm just gonna port the stock LT1 intake for now.

Kyle
Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
This is exactly my point! Well put...

Quick Reply: Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.