LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you boys and you're arguing.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buffman, I wish it was that simple!!!! I got sent over to read this thread and I have to agree with some of what was said here.... Tony said some good things I agree with definately. My point is he needs to line up next to Stump and Karl and run. If he needs to take out some weight when he gets to the track to beat them, so be it. If he needs 5 more cubes to get hat .5 sec down to Stumpys time, so be it. Otherwise it's all just whining. Right now for sticking with the stock stroke and 355 and under cubes Stumpy has EVERYONE hands down.

Bret
Old 02-03-2007, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Dwayne,

Stumpy never ran his LE stuff on a "stock shortblock" but lord knows those 5 cubes make that motor so much more powerfull

Bret
You sure about that?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Obelix G.
I think "3x" is a little overstated. I do it for much less than that, but I shop around, don't get reamed out on machine work, and weld myself. I don't see anyone needing an LT4 intake who doesn't need it worked to the heads. In this case, the price goes up on the total intake cost. So, in this case, that single plane's price becomes dangerously close. Remember that most people who have come up with a set of LT4 heads, be it stock or aftermarket, invested. At this point, I don't see the extra 500 or so for a single plane (on top of the Edelbrock intake cost) being out of this world.

The LTx tunnel ram style and short runners just don't rub me the right way.

But, after all, I wont tell someone off because we are all here to mod and tweak things, even if they don't have seat-of-the-pants results. As a matter of opinion, it probably takes a bigger man than me to afford this Edelbrock manifold (in terms of cost per unit power). Anything, after all, is an improvement over OE.

At this point, the LT4 intake will still be more expensive to purchase than the LT4 version of the Edelbrock. So it's quite possible to beat the performance gains realized from a ported LT4 intake versus a ported Edelbrock LT4 intake for less money. I'd rather go that route first before going to a single-plane which is ultimately the most expensive route.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

So, does anyone have one yet?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chaotic Firebird
So, does anyone have one yet?
Nope, not even Edelbrock
Old 02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Its everyones own money. If they want to buy it then let them go for it.

From what I can tell most of the people on here don't repect you or your opinion because you assume and don't ask questions and in the end look like a complete idiot.

I got a PM the other day from a VERY VERY respected member in the LT1 comunity and it was on you and my sig quote. We were talking and I said I put it there because you ran your mouth when you did not know what you were talking about.

This is what he said

Nothing new there. I have found a LOT of B body guys that way. Atta boy!

Think about all that before you post please
That was awefully lame of that person to say!
B/D Body owners are the most humble and most mature enthusiast out there.
Whoever said that obviously needs to look in the mirror!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You must not have read very many of 96capricemgr's responces. We are just stupid morons and he is a LT1 god.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Originally Posted by 1997bird
You must not have read very many of 96capricemgr's responces. We are just stupid morons and he is a LT1 god.
Yea Ive read them and I do agree, he does come off a bit cocky.
Theres still no reason to bash his car and call it a taxi though, that will do nothing but **** off "THE HERD" and have them stampeding this thread.
No im not biased either because I own an FBody ,B Body and D Body vehicle!
If all in his sig is true then yea thats one fast sleeper Caprice he has and is a great acheivement considering unlike performance oriented F Bodies, our B/D Bodies come from the factory as retirement community fullsize grandpa grocery getters!
Bash the owner not the vehicle!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you 100%. I don't care what type of car they have, you can make anything fast with enough determination and ingenuity.

Quick Reply: Summit is officially selling the Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 manifold.