LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

whats it take to beat a stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6
lol 13.9s out of a stock ls1?!?! lol where are u running these cars aspen??
I live in CA and I have seen a lot of stock LS1 running 13.8-14.2!!!! in the 1/4
so he is not the only one that has seen them. But most of them are running 13.5. there are a lot of slow LS1's DRIVERS
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

I don't need a moderator to make you look like the idiot that you are already doing a good job of being.
Yea, it is the first 4th Gen car I have owned. Not the first V8 that I have toyed with by far though. Regardless of what I have, it does damn good for what and how simple it is.
What's the difference between the LS1 and any other V8..it's still got a Crank, Pistons, Rods, etc.. It might have a different Firing Order, different Ignition System, Oil Pump in the front, all the other stuff, but it's still an Engine. I have tore apart plenty of them..so your point there is what..we all know it's a better design, that's a proven fact.
I don't know where you get the idea that I am offended by the LS1 when I am currently building up a 402 L92 out of a Truck 6.0l and dropping it in my Z28.

I am not goin to sit here and play internet wars with you about crap that we all know. We already called you out on something in another thread that you kept trashing, and you pussed out. So as far as I am concerned, your credibility is equal to something my dog dropped on the Neighbor's Lawn earlier.

By the way, I say you are about 6th, maybe 7th grade with those excellent typing skills. Trying to figure out some of them words is like trying to find Waldo in a Where's Waldo book..

Last edited by the_merv; 03-23-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Anyways..bullshit aside, someone mentioned it already also, to the guy that started the Thread if you are still reading it, what was the outcome?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
I don't need a moderator to make you look like the idiot that you are already doing a good job of being.
Yea, it is the first 4th Gen car I have owned. Not the first V8 that I have toyed with by far though. Regardless of what I have, it does damn good for what and how simple it is.
What's the difference between the LS1 and any other V8..it's still got a Crank, Pistons, Rods, etc.. It might have a different Firing Order, different Ignition System, Oil Pump in the front, all the other stuff, but it's still an Engine. I have tore apart plenty of them..so your point there is what..we all know it's a better design, that's a proven fact.

I am not goin to sit here and play internet wars with you about crap that we all know. We already called you out on something in another thread that you kept trashing, and you pussed out. So as far as I am concerned, your credibility is equal to something my dog dropped on the Neighbor's Lawn earlier.

By the way, I say you are about 6th, maybe 7th grade with those excellent typing skills. Trying to figure out some of them words is like trying to find Waldo in a Where's Waldo book..

hmmm I think you guys need to understand that your d/a has much to do with your viewing ls1's running 13.9's. This is just not the case. I live in chicagoland area and frequent Route 66 Dragway. I have gone multiple 1.89 and 1.85 short times on stock eagle f1 275/40/17R.....with that being said i normally came in with a 12.4-12.5ish with only lid and exhaust. I agree lt1's are nice. and I'm sure back in the day they were pretty neat. But the ls1 is better. plain and simple. And you know what, the ls6 is even better, although there is much to discuss there. And even still the ls7 is best yet.

listen YELLOWMONSTER87 i am not about to sit here and throw these internet challanges out at each other but i really doubt u are pulling me out of any hole, lol im on mickey thompson ET streets and a 373 rear end, i really dig off the line, o ya and i had pulled the factory alluminum cylander heads, sent them over to oddy's automotive where they where intake/exhaust ported, bowl ported multi angle valve job all that good stuff, so i really dont know if ud beat me, frankly i dont care, i am the first one to say its not all about speed, but trust me on this one i dont REALLY think it would go down the way u say so, but whatever, i still love the LS1, and to be honest id probably have one in my collection today if all the ones that passed through my hands werent all camaros , ls1 or not id take a 93-97 formula or TA by a long shot over a 98 and up camaro IMO
Hmmmm, if i put mickeys on ????

Another question for your Mr. Grammar isn't my strong suit. I believe what you were trying to convey was you got your "cylinder" heads worked on I dont believe I have ever come across a cylander head....although if im off on this one please do explain. I'm always on the lookout for more power

Seriously, how old are you?

Run what ya brung bro I'd still throw down with you
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love my LT1, but come on the LS1 is the king daddy. The bar has been raised by GM and they ain't lookin back. The only hope an LT1 owner has is that they either have mad $$$ or the LS1 is stock (and running on 6 cylinders). I raced a buddy of mine with similar mods when mine was pretty stock, and I got WALKED. When I modded a little CAI, gear, headers, rockers, cut out (he had headers, cut out, CAI) we were close, but he would still have gotten me. They are just better motors, I have faced the fact everyone else should to.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
I'm right there with you on that one.. I'll even bring the LT1 out to play with his.. even with the Mickey's on it also
DA does make a difference, then again so does the Driver of the Car. I have a friend with a LS1 M6 car with some tweaks that can't drive it for ****..he pulls 14.2's consistantly. I have tried to show him a few tricks, but you can only help so much. The same car with me driving got 13.7's, and I drive an A4 all the time. I miss my M6's..
Originally Posted by pharmd
They are just better motors, I have faced the fact everyone else should to.
What gets me is that you can get some nasty power out of them with very little mods. A friend of mine put a Fast 90/90 setup on his with some LS6 Heads and a pretty meaty Cam. That car is nuts, he killed the Clutch in a matter of hours, and he drives good. That car is only a 5.7l 346, and it is mean.
I am building a more agressive setup, it's going to be a 6.6l 402 with a monster Cam, L92 Heads/L76 Intake, and all the good stuff in between. That is going to be crazy..

Last edited by the_merv; 03-23-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

you could make a pinto fast with 1000000000 $$$ its all in what people like, i just dont like when someone cant admit when there car is defficient. I mean if a guy walked up to me and was like my ferrari v12 is better then your 346 id be like yes, yes it is. Some people just need to swallow the ego, i mean **** my doesnt go 8's in the quarter lol there are a thousand ls1's out there faster then my **** lol thats life....now when i get my pt88 on a forged 408 crazy frount mount, 9", th400 standalone fuel stystem with alky injection and a nitrous fmic kit.....then maybe ill have something worth braggin about
Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

There you go..
I am looking at my future setup: 402 L92, full built 4L60E with a Yank 3500, Moser 9" Rear with 3.55's, all in my 3250lb fat ***..

I would love to see that Trillion dollar Pinto.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87

hmmm I think you guys need to understand that your d/a has much to do with your viewing ls1's running 13.9's. This is just not the case. I live in chicagoland area and frequent Route 66 Dragway. I have gone multiple 1.89 and 1.85 short times on stock eagle f1 275/40/17R.....with that being said i normally came in with a 12.4-12.5ish with only lid and exhaust. I agree lt1's are nice. and I'm sure back in the day they were pretty neat. But the ls1 is better. plain and simple. And you know what, the ls6 is even better, although there is much to discuss there. And even still the ls7 is best yet.

Another question for your Mr. Grammar isn't my strong suit. I believe what you were trying to convey was you got your "cylinder" heads worked on I dont believe I have ever come across a cylander head....although if im off on this one please do explain. I'm always on the lookout for more power

I love LS1 people like 4MULA they run there pie hole and then I take there $$$$$
just because people have a ls1 dose not make them the king ****. LS1 people need to get over there selfs

Last edited by onephatZ28; 03-24-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We are all chevy guys that enjoy camaros, quit with the petty bickering.

DID THE RACE EVER HAPPEN?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

lol pussed out when?!?!?! i never knew there was such a thing.lol so at the beginning of this thread lt1s are low 14 high 13 cars, lol half way through u guys are trying to tell me the ls1 is a hig 13 car?!?!?!? lol ok

right.........so how come u snitched on me when i told you your car is a heap?

Yea, it is the first 4th Gen car I have owned.

hmmmm howd i figure that one out

Not the first V8 that I have toyed with by far though. Regardless of what I have, it does damn good for what and how simple it is. lol how simple it is?? since when are lt1's simple to work on? jsut wondering......what was your last v8? a truck? a monty?

don't know where you get the idea that I am offended by the LS1 when I am currently building up a 402 L92 out of a Truck 6.0l and dropping it in my Z28.

right and when that plan fails ill be waiting to see your Z on the vehicles for sale section for 2500 partially modded

well u already started your gay little internet war, i would like to know what i pussed out on? please! tell me what i pussed out on over here at LS1tech??? Just so you know your the only homo even talking about the last thread "o ya me and PEPE kicked you out for bashing our cars" well just so u know you little kid with your pipe dreams of your truck motor in your trailor trash car PEPE has acctually been quite the help lately, doesnt seem lke he has any hard feelings about anything..........and i especially dont remember him saying anything about me pussying out. and what the hell is that.........your neighbors lawn?? dude u little peice of garbage you are not even on my level, here ill show u my level when i was 17, when your Z looks like that than u can say "ya i am on LT14MULAs level when he was 17, im 27 u got some catching up to do before u talk ****.,,, when u get there let me know remember i have probably owned more lS1 f bodies than u have owned cars in your life, anybody can make a POS go fast, but who acctually has the loot to go out and buy something they REALLY want? a special color, or a certain option group or maybe that special edition vehicle well apparently not you

lol well u dont and i do so ill dig your *** out the hole as i said before hahahah

lol ya my bad, i spelled cylinder wrong..... i still bet my dd lt1 would stomp you, o well, your a homo but u drive a WS.6 so...............nice car, stop trying to act like u know **** from shinola becouse u have a car with the lS1, your even worse than the know it alls in thier first LT1 f body ........merv

BTW is merv your real name LMAO
Attached Thumbnails whats it take to beat a stock ls1-meanblkz.jpg  
Old 03-24-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

ls1's are ls1's just race from a dig and a roll u should be fine
Old 03-24-2007, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I didn't know the majority of LT1 owners had the mentality of a ricer. Lets compare the worst time ever in an LS1 to the best in an LT1 to make us look better. Or lets forget about LS1's running 12's bone stock, or Cam only LS1's runnin 10.2's. Or that the fastest bolton LS1 is faster than the fastest cam only LT1. Or the fact that people are making 520+rwhp out of stock bottom end 346 c/i LS1's all motor, when the majority of the H/C LT1's cant even break 400rwhp. And stock vs stock it isn't even a race unless the person in the LS1 can't drive for ****.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Holy crap the *** wrote a book..
Dude, regarless of how many cars you have owned/wrecked, or whatever, these things are easy as hell to work on, so why don't you get your hands off of the Keyboard and go mess with yours. LT1's are cake to mess with, I built mine block up in about 10 hours, and had it running in the car 8 hours later.
As far as my 402 L92 conversion goes.. I already built my own working Harness, and the Engine is next. You won't see it for sale incomplete cause it's easy as hell to work on.
As far as money goes, who gives a **** what your dad still gives you for allownace. I can make that car, which is worth less being a '95, alot ****** faster than your crap for cheaper. That's cause I do my own work, some of us actually take the time to learn what we have, not trash others. I am still waiting on the pic of yours..You talk about it, so show it. Hell, I would love to see a pic of what you look like..just to put a face with the idiot.
With that I am done with you..if you claim to be 27, you are very, very pathetic and sheltered. It's alright bro, I know a few people that are in their late 20's and still are Virgins too, so don't let it bother you.

Originally Posted by blk97z28
ls1's are ls1's just race from a dig and a roll u should be fine
Back to the thread... that would be a good run also, I would say it depends on the RPM that you down shift too. The LT has the lower grunt, the LS will have the top-end.
Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Man I didn't know the majority of LT1 owners had the mentality of a ricer.
Don't let 4MULA speak for us LT1 guys..we have already proven the fact of what is a better Engine, that is why I am building one..
Old 03-24-2007, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
Don't let 4MULA speak for us LT1 guys..we have already proven the fact of what is a better Engine, that is why I am building one..

I am with merv I have a LT1 in my car and I love it BUT when it gose I will put a LS1 in it. but for right now the car kicks ***. The LS1 motor are a bad *** motor but so are the LT1's. I hate when people think they are King **** just because they have a LS1, or even a LS2. I don't care what you drive or what motor you have THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Man I didn't know the majority of LT1 owners had the mentality of a ricer. Lets compare the worst time ever in an LS1 to the best in an LT1 to make us look better. Or lets forget about LS1's running 12's bone stock, or Cam only LS1's runnin 10.2's. Or that the fastest bolton LS1 is faster than the fastest cam only LT1. Or the fact that people are making 520+rwhp out of stock bottom end 346 c/i LS1's all motor, when the majority of the H/C LT1's cant even break 400rwhp. And stock vs stock it isn't even a race unless the person in the LS1 can't drive for ****.

That's not entirely accurate.

Stock LT1 Vs. Stock LS1

Lightly Modded LT1 Vs. Lightly Modded LS1

Heavy Modded LT1 Vs. Heavy Modded LS1

---

I agree with you though, stock for stock the LS1 has the edge, but its more noticeable up top. This thread is about what it takes for an LT1, to beat a STOCK LS1. I would say, full bolt on, with gears if M6, and stall if A4.

--edit--
But how would I know

Last edited by burnzilla; 03-24-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla

That's not entirely accurate.

Stock LT1 Vs. Stock LS1

Lightly Modded LT1 Vs. Lightly Modded LS1

Heavy Modded LT1 Vs. Heavy Modded LS1

---

I agree with you though, stock for stock the LS1 has the edge, but its more noticeable up top. This thread is about what it takes for an LT1, to beat a STOCK LS1. I would say, full bolt on, with gears if M6, and stall if A4.

--edit--
But how would I know

when my car was stock I raced my buddys LS1 in the 1/8 I would get him by a car. In the 1/4 he would get me by about 1 1/2. cars, bolth cars are A4s
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

lol pussed out when?!?!?! i never knew there was such a thing.lol so at the beginning of this thread lt1s are low 14 high 13 cars, lol half way through u guys are trying to tell me the ls1 is a hig 13 car?!?!?!? lol ok

right.........so how come u snitched on me when i told you your car is a heap?

Yea, it is the first 4th Gen car I have owned.

hmmmm howd i figure that one out

Not the first V8 that I have toyed with by far though. Regardless of what I have, it does damn good for what and how simple it is. lol how simple it is?? since when are lt1's simple to work on? jsut wondering......what was your last v8? a truck? a monty?

don't know where you get the idea that I am offended by the LS1 when I am currently building up a 402 L92 out of a Truck 6.0l and dropping it in my Z28.

right and when that plan fails ill be waiting to see your Z on the vehicles for sale section for 2500 partially modded

well u already started your gay little internet war, i would like to know what i pussed out on? please! tell me what i pussed out on over here at LS1tech??? Just so you know your the only homo even talking about the last thread "o ya me and PEPE kicked you out for bashing our cars" well just so u know you little kid with your pipe dreams of your truck motor in your trailor trash car PEPE has acctually been quite the help lately, doesnt seem lke he has any hard feelings about anything..........and i especially dont remember him saying anything about me pussying out. and what the hell is that.........your neighbors lawn?? dude u little peice of garbage you are not even on my level, here ill show u my level when i was 17, when your Z looks like that than u can say "ya i am on LT14MULAs level when he was 17, im 27 u got some catching up to do before u talk ****.,,, when u get there let me know remember i have probably owned more lS1 f bodies than u have owned cars in your life, anybody can make a POS go fast, but who acctually has the loot to go out and buy something they REALLY want? a special color, or a certain option group or maybe that special edition vehicle well apparently not you

lol well u dont and i do so ill dig your *** out the hole as i said before hahahah

lol ya my bad, i spelled cylinder wrong..... i still bet my dd lt1 would stomp you, o well, your a homo but u drive a WS.6 so...............nice car, stop trying to act like u know **** from shinola becouse u have a car with the lS1, your even worse than the know it alls in thier first LT1 f body ........merv

BTW is merv your real name LMAO
Side note, when you are trying to quote peoples phrases try highlighting what you would like to quote then clicking the quote tag in the reply to thread section. I'm sick of trying to dig through your post to find out who you are bashing on, being you seem to have a vendetta against every ****** in this thread.

heres what it boils down to, you will try as hard as possible to show me the fastest lt1 on the face of the earth....ok fine, and then i will show you the fastest ls1 on earth. This doesnt show anything, becuase the fact remains most lt1's do not 13's stock and nor do most ls1's go mid or low 12's stock they usually range from high 12's to low 13's with a decent driver.

Furthermore, here is my question, I would like to see your dyno chart if I may. This being, If i make around i think with just bolt ons I made somewhere around 362 tq and you in bolt on trim maybe make 315?? ok ill give ya 325... My question comes in that your car is a supposed torque monster yet I make more tq then you across the board. Ok you come back and say well I hit max tq at 2k rpm ok fine, I hit max tq at around 3k or so but I still had right around 325.8 ft/lbs of tq at around 2100 rpm. So where is this massive win you have over my tq curve? please if I have neglected something, or deformed my anaylsis please correct me.

to the guy in the original convo, buy a small dry kit, hide it, spray it, win it

and merv, good luck on the build up man, I will have to wait before I can undergo my Single PT88 build up lol, its ummm kinda expensive lol
Old 03-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Launching!

ya whatever who cares, merv sent me a mean PM so i think i am going to ***** out now.......
Old 03-24-2007, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

ya whatever who cares, merv sent me a mean PM so i think i am going to ***** out now.......

How did you expect people to react when you came on this thread talking **** to everyone man???? I mean I understand you are 27, but son you really need to grow up. Cars are cars, you have an outdated motor, so do I, only difference is mine is slightly newer then yours. If some guy came in this thread with a ls7 what do you think i do? Start bragging bout how I could take him with a 250 shot of nitrous, and mickeys, and this and that. No. I would just be like hey man ls7 FTW!!!!!!!!!! **** happens, I have won and lost races, that why I am a member here, and spend all this god forsaken money on my car. Things can and will always become faster......**** they are tryin to make fast hybrids?? why do you think that is? people always will want more then they have. Thats the basis of economics and the correlation with global interaction.

Quick Reply: whats it take to beat a stock ls1