LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh geee look it didn't sell... I wonder why??
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96

oooooo snap!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by racerns
Man you really are dense. The point was that the main "power adding" ingregients of an LT4 were the heads and intake,
Sorry bud... But the main power adding componets were the roller rocker arms and the camshaft.

Better luck next time.

BTW LT4 heads come with single valve springs, our LT4 clone heads come with dual springs. The LT4 head has a .010 bigger valve.... Whoopie... $1000 for new valve seats and single springs... What a bargan!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

a valve spring cant be judged as being better just because its a double spring rather than can it handle the lift for the cam of choice.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racerns
but calling it an LT4 conversion is false advertising.

Nail on the head.

A clone doesn't = similar in performance. I can't even think of a good reference that'll get through to you. But, because I'm an optimist... With your definition of a "clone", I can take an L98 and put on a TPiS MiniRam and call it an LT1 Clone.

SELLC is some kind of rocket scientist knocking most of his potential (assuming we were idiots to start with) customers. Reading some of the crap you've said has been entertaining. Thank you though, for pointing out the blatantly obvious. I'm well aware that a Merlin BB is a pipe dream. Speaking of pipe dreams, how many times has that same motor (not setup) been re-put up for auction? At least I can recognize my pipe dreams.

Now, you claim that price includes it being installed? So for $15K, we get a motor and you'll ship our car to you (or come get it) and back to us, with it installed and running? That IS a deal then. Otherwise it sounds like $10K in labor, but I might go as low as $8K in labor.

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
a valve spring cant be judged as being better just because its a double spring rather than can it handle the lift for the cam of choice.
haha I can't wait to see what his genius reply to this will be.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, you never ever ever use old pictures in an auction. You picture EXACTLY what you are selling. Even if it's the same god damn package, you picture everything. Buyers (See: your customers) love to SEE what they are going to spend money on. So a note to you: Take pictures of your parts UP CLOSE to show the part numbers so we can ID them ourselves to make us feel a little better. When something like a motor arrives at our door, we're not going to want to take it all apart to make sure you didn't screw us on what was installed.

Which leads me too, why doesn't your "oh so fair" price include H-Beam rods? Also, if it's 100hp under-rated, then why wouldn't you LIST that? ****, 550hp would be QUITE a selling point on something that's 15 THOUSAND fricken bucks. As for the NOS, 150 Shot is a general rating. Most of the people on here who have NOS with 100 shot make around 130 extra HP, and the 150's make around 185.

God, I hate picking your auction apart, but it's addicting! Your mention Build #006 twice, and then #007 twice. You really need to not copy and paste previous auctions

You should take up night classes for business school with the money you make off that motor, if god forbid someone buys it.

Last edited by Formula350; 08-23-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

where is Dwayne when ya need him
Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Banned

Thank god it didn’t sell! You know what the final value fee from e-bay would be on a $15,000 sale!!??

Anyway if you had any sense at all you would know its advertisement. Thanks for advertising my $hit, you have proved to be my favorite “TOOL” of the day, right up there with Snap-On! LOL, Don’t you feel proud?

Good-Night

Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SELLC
Thank god it didn’t sell! You know what the final value fee from e-bay would be on a $15,000 sale!!??

Anyway if you had any sense at all you would know its advertisement. Thanks for advertising my $hit, you have proved to be my favorite “TOOL” of the day, right up there with Snap-On! LOL, Don’t you feel proud?

Good-Night

probably nothing because ebay is even saying wtf is up with this guy selling it at this price. If you sold it they would be so surprised that in return would not charge you the fee
Old 08-23-2007, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

look at my post on the bottom of page 3!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

another funny thing is that he has advertised 92-96 LT1???? what happend to the 97
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for advertising my $hit
You call it ****, it's fine, but if we call it **** you get irate! Where's the logic in that? As for advertising, I don't think anyone who comes here and sees this is going to think "Oh wow, this guy knows what he's doing" after all of us, with reputation, nit picked it apart to prove it's not worth it's buck. Not to mention the fact that you did not get one single serious offer on it. I'm sure that $20 offer was someone from here, and if not, then it's just more proof to our point it's a rip off.

I still do love the fact you managed to apply a Hypertech Airfoil, to a BBK 58mm TB. I'm trying to picture it, but the only thing that comes to mind is two Big Macs stacked on end.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good-Night

made you even sign up on this board of course I am proud.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

BURRRRN!!!! That guy is numb to the fact he got chewed up and spit out on this board, simply oblivious to the fact he is wrong....wow.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Formula350
You call it ****, it's fine, but if we call it **** you get irate! Where's the logic in that? As for advertising, I don't think anyone who comes here and sees this is going to think "Oh wow, this guy knows what he's doing" after all of us, with reputation, nit picked it apart to prove it's not worth it's buck. Not to mention the fact that you did not get one single serious offer on it. I'm sure that $20 offer was someone from here, and if not, then it's just more proof to our point it's a rip off.

I still do love the fact you managed to apply a Hypertech Airfoil, to a BBK 58mm TB. I'm trying to picture it, but the only thing that comes to mind is two Big Macs stacked on end.

sad to say but I think mustangs would walk on this setup
Old 08-23-2007, 02:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

sad to say but I think mustangs would walk on this setup
haha Yea, but they're gullible to start. After all, they bough a Mustang and think it's fast.

I can't help but just laugh at his LT4 CLONE auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...QQcmdZViewItem

There are just soo many damn things wrong with it. Hell, since I'm bored, I'll nit pick it for fun

Watch for the edit!

EDIT:

"This listing is for a custom built LT4 Clone Full Roller 350 Clone."

It's not a Clone, which I'll get to later.

"THIS IS A PERFORMANCE ENGINE UNLIKE OTHER CRATE ENGINES YOU SEE ON E-BAY."

You wish.

"(1)Fresh 30 over Gen II LT1 350 Block (1993-1997 5.7 GM LT1 ROLLER BLOCK)"

Nothing exactly wrong with this, other than it'll work in a 92, and being .030 over makes it a 355. So your listing should read 355, not 350.

"(2) Fresh 10/10 One Piece Rear Main seal crankshaft gear. Each oil galley is chamfered and micro-polished. Modified oil system."

Good thing you know what you're doing and didn't use a 2 piece rear-main! And that modified oil system, good for what, 50 more psi?

"(3) 30 over cast ultra lightweight TRW pistons with rings that have been hand filed and staggered for the ultimate compression. Rings are BRAND NEW Federal Mogul premium molly piston rings. (Forged pistons are an optional upgrade, e-mail us if you need nitrous pistons) "

HOLY CRAP! You're giving us BRAND NEW piston rings?! :O You are NUTS sir! So if I wanted to use NOS, you'd only upgrade the pistons and use the same rings? o_0

"(6)Chevy ZZ4 Cam and Set of 16 roller lifters w/ retainers and spider plate."

Good thing this is an LT4 CLONE!!! Glad you gave us 16, and not 15 or 18... I question your counting ability, seeing as your LT4 Kit costs $3500 and this LT4 Clone WHOLE MOTOR cost $3800... Because you know what Clone means right........... right????

"(8)Entire Fel-Pro upper and lower premium gasket set (ALL OF THEM) Head Gaskets, Intake manifold gaskets, oil pan gaskets, front and rear oil seals. (Exhaust manifold gaskets, Valve cover gaskets and intake plenum gaskets will be sent to you) ABSOLUTLY NO CORK GASKETS ARE USED IN OUR ENGINES. "

Didn't you get the memo? Cork head gaskets are the best there is. BTW Nice spelling of "Absolutely".

"(9)Seasoned hand polished aluminum 68cc cylinder heads casting #'s10207346 with dual valve springs and hand lapped valves good over .500 lift. Test proves valve float is non-existent with these springs, even past 6250 rpm!"

Seasoned? Did you use Lawry's? But hey jokes aside, good thing this LT4 CLONE can handle over .500 lift, since the LT4 Cam is .525! Oh wait, this CLONE doesn't have an LT4 cam, my bad... Even though the ZZ4's exhaust side is .510. What, no 3-way valve job?

"(10)Color matched oil pan and aluminum timing cover."

HURRAH! Ford owners would be so happy if it was a 302. I happen to like the look of clean aluminum.

"(12) High temp ceramic Chevy-orange-red engine enamel professionally applied with show quality attention to detail."

If it was "show quality" the whole block would've been ground down to a perfectly smooth surface and then powder coated and not painted.

"Shipping with “Overnight” (A UPS Company) is reasonable to most all of the continental United States."

Why the "quotes" on "Overnight". Is it really 5-day ground, and you're just charging them overnight? Isn't overnight on something like this around $500? Hell, I've had 5lb boxes that'd cost $90 overnight! I bet my dad couldn't even get a good deal on overnight with something that heavy and he gets 75% off Fed-Ex (yay NWA discount)

"Engine will produce and handle over 380-400 horsepower when done if a free flowing exhaust with headers is in place."

You could've at least told them that's flywheel rated. Even then it sounds a weee bit high. I would've said 350-380.

"Why buy a stock engine when you just plan on tossing all the stock parts?"

Yea, give them to SELLC! He'll use them on his next LT4 CLONE!!

"We process shipments with UPS Fright"

What? When the UPS guy comes he makes it a point to scare the **** out of you?

"When comparing this engine to other “Crate engines” you must ask-

(1) Are they giving you 1.5 true roller rocker arms and custom valve covers?
(2) Do they include a performance camshaft?
(3) Do they polish the heads and install dual valve springs?
(4) Are they upgrading the oil system?
(5) Are they providing a stock replacement or a show quality custom performance engine?"

Hell, I want to ask myself all that when reading about YOUR engine...

Last edited by Formula350; 08-23-2007 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder what this CD really has to offer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 AM
12 Second Club

doooooo it! im at work bored out of my mind, and this thread is killing so much of my dreaded time here! lol
Old 08-23-2007, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

next setup he's gonna put Vtec on it.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:59 AM
12 Second Club

where is sellc? he is still online, but isnt posting?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
where is sellc? he is still online, but isnt posting?
what else could he post, he already put his head in his ***

Quick Reply: Rip Off