LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

National LT1 Shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:31 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Memphis event cuts off to many 'possible' peopel that might wana come 16 cars really isnt **** for an LT1 event.

We need more options.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
8 Second Club

KCIR so far has had the cheapest track rental fees. I think like $3,500.00 for everything. Maybe we could some how pull that one off if we get some sponsors.

http://www.kcir.net/~kcir/content/
Old 09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
KCIR so far has had the cheapest track rental fees. I think like $3,500.00 for everything. Maybe we could some how pull that one off if we get some sponsors.

http://www.kcir.net/~kcir/content/
The way to make this happen is 1. lock in a date at any track. 2. come up with pricing. 3. set up a web page with pre registration/prepay. 4. set a go no go date depending on how many people pre paid.

This isn't hard to do it just takes someone willing to step and do the work. None of us want to put up our own money and hope people show up so it has to be prepay with refunds if it doesn't happen.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
hashtagBMW

Ive got a few for sure sponsors, we would need quiet a few though.

Tony.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
The way to make this happen is 1. lock in a date at any track. 2. come up with pricing. 3. set up a web page with pre registration/prepay. 4. set a go no go date depending on how many people pre paid.

This isn't hard to do it just takes someone willing to step and do the work. None of us want to put up our own money and hope people show up so it has to be prepay with refunds if it doesn't happen.

I can maybe get Kyle to setup a pre-pay on my website for this. I can open a new account at the bank and hold this money as it comes in and pay for the track when enough money is built up. I am sure everyone would trust me enough to do this. Let me work on that.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Teching In

I'd go...I'm in southeast TN. Really hope this can happen somehow
Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Im in just give me a date and time.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Teching In

I'm going to try can't confirm without a date though, might have work/school issues. Maybe us houston/clear lake guys can meetup and roll together?

-b
Old 09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

I can setup the registration through Tony's site and then use paypal to accept the payments. If we end up having a no-go decision though, we won't be able to refund the full registration fee due to the paypal transaction fee.

The transaction fee is 1.9% - 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction. So if you paid $30 to register you may only get $28.83 - $29.13 back. Will this be an issue for anyone?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM
8 Second Club

The pre-pay amount will more than likely be a little more than $30.00. If we could get a more accurate guess on how many would show I would know what to charge for pre-pay. If I charged $50.00 each, that would lock in 70 people which would pay for the track. And since I am not out to make a profit for this event if a lot more people pre-pay or show up we could use the remainder of the money for payouts, prizes, charity.....etc. We could make a vote on that. It looks like we will have some sponsors pitching in as well. know PortPros and Nitrous Outlet would like to help. Let me know if any other companies would like to sponsor or help the event.

Kyle......I will talk to KCIR tomorrow and if I can get some cooperation from them and get a tentitive track date set.......go ahead and build the page on my site and lets get the ball rolling.

Jeff and Tony (speed density)......I will keep you in the loop as well as everyone else on the boards.

Tony Shepherd
Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE
Kyle......I will talk to KCIR tomorrow and if I can get some cooperation from them and get a tentitive track date set.......go ahead and build the page on my site and lets get the ball rolling.

Jeff and Tony (speed density)......I will keep you in the loop as well as everyone else on the boards.

Tony Shepherd[/QUOTE]

Make sure to discuss the gate money with them. There should be a decent amount of crew and spectators. 50 is reasonable for something like this and would hopefully cover some nice trophies. Payouts are definitly a secondary issue and maybe if we can land enough sponsors they can cover payouts as they wish products, gift certificates, cash etc.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

The pre-pay amount will more than likely be a little more than $30.00. If we could get a more accurate guess on how many would show I would know what to charge for pre-pay. If I charged $50.00 each, that would lock in 70 people which would pay for the track. And since I am not out to make a profit for this event if a lot more people pre-pay or show up we could use the remainder of the money for payouts, prizes, charity.....etc. We could make a vote on that. It looks like we will have some sponsors pitching in as well. know PortPros and Nitrous Outlet would like to help. Let me know if any other companies would like to sponsor or help the event.

Tony Shepherd
Yeah, I was just using $30 as an example. We just need to come up with a set price in order for me to setup the paypal transaction. Also, I need the information that you guys want to collect for the registration, i.e. name, address, make, model, etc. I'll get started as soon as I get the details squared away.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
Make sure to discuss the gate money with them. There should be a decent amount of crew and spectators. 50 is reasonable for something like this and would hopefully cover some nice trophies. Payouts are definitly a secondary issue and maybe if we can land enough sponsors they can cover payouts as they wish products, gift certificates, cash etc.
Will do.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TX20D
Yeah, I was just using $30 as an example. We just need to come up with a set price in order for me to setup the paypal transaction. Also, I need the information that you guys want to collect for the registration, i.e. name, address, make, model, etc. I'll get started as soon as I get the details squared away.

I will get with you on what info to have on the page. Thanks Kyle!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
hashtagBMW

I would opt for a lager entry fee so that we can cover the costs with sponsors/racers and not have to worry about it.

I think $50-$70 is reasonable.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Density
I would opt for a lager entry fee so that we can cover the costs with sponsors/racers and not have to worry about it.

I think $50-$70 is reasonable.
That would be about right. Cost $55 a day at the track I licenced at
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony-

Let me know if you have any trouble getting in contact with anyone at KCIR. They are going through a minor ownership change (one of the 3 owners is selling out to another guy), so it may be difficult to get ahold of the right person.

If you have troubles I can make a call or 2.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
8 Second Club

I talked to them about a month ago and got a quote. Hopefully someone will call me back and we can get this ball rolling.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

i think we should set a date next year... sometime maybe in the summer...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

I'm still going to try and make it but the car is about to come apart now. May will be pushing it with all the changes I plan on making. I will still regisister and at least show up to watch.