LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCM for less tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daniel6718
since bryan has been pming me that im lying ill state the facts i just dug up my old emails
first he quoted me 75 bux for fixing my idle and shift points...he got it and i got a 287 dollar charge on my credit card...luckily i was a few bucks from having a overdraft charge because of HIS mistake...then he tells me he cant get ahold of managment, after a day he finally does and they cant give me the price quoted because im not a returning customer....they can discount it to 175 the price of a lt1 tune (still 100 more than quoted) and asked if that was ok...i told him i have had them tune my lt1 before i dont know why he cant honor what he said...then he tells me the best he can do is 125 the price of a discounted ls1 tune...and i got stuck with that, and he said hell cut me a deal on my friends pcm which was supposed to go to him....but before i got to do that i needed my timing changed for nitrous...he said ill do it for what shipping costs...i said ok sent it to him...then he charged me 87 dollars...when shipping was only 42(for overnight) which i didnt ask for it...

there now you can report me to admins for lying...i have the exact emails right here where you said i can do this and i can do that then what you charged me for them...or you can simply admit you didnt honor your word and overcharged my bank account (stole money without permission) and let it go...

btw i think its kinda unprofessional to PM me and title it ""whining like a girl""
calling me names and a "dumbfuck" ect ect
Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be going with madz28
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Launching!

I guess I should approach this from a different way.
Daniel is the FIRST and ONLY person you will see that ever has been overcharged or had such a complaint. My fault on this was that during the busy season I did not mark the order sheets right before they went to the office for credit card processing. This is why I do ask guys to note things like this when the send their PCM and/or paperwork. While we understand your PCM and car is very important to you and you are very concentrated on it, we do MANY PCM's each week as well as fielding 30-50 calls a day as well as 100 emails or so. Thus, during the busy season I am not able to remember everything discussed on the phone and little notes in with the PCM with special items or notations on an ordersheet (we have an other information area where special instructions can be put in) are very helpful so we can make your order 100% what you want and need it to be.
I put so much time into customer service and when I see someone come into every post that has our business name in it just to grind an axe after a while you get tired of seeing it.
Here is the way our customer service is superior....
1. Call anytime from 9 am to 7PM to our location here and I answer the phone, you don't get a voicemail(unless I already have 2 lines going and then it goes into voicemail as I can't answer more than two lines at a time). I forward the phone to my cellphone even when I am on the dyno, traveling to a distant dyno, and have even forwarded it to my cellphone on vacations. I took my kids to Disney World last March and still answered calls while in the themepark, how many people are that dedicated to their work?
2. I answer emails promptly, ususally the same day.
3. We ship fast. PCM's sent it are done the same day they arrive or the next day in most cases and are on the way back to you. If we have an exchange PCM in stock we typically ship them the same day as the order as well.
4. Techinal support. I take the time on the phone to help customers diagnose problems. Many times with the sensor or mechanical issues listed earlier in this discussion come up and helping someone diagnose them is part of our customer service.
5. This is our full time business, not a part time hobby. Thus we have lots of hours that you can reach us, and we are not distracted by other jobs/careers.

Here is where my shortfalls are....
1. Since almost every call is technical in nature, I am the one that has to answer them. I can't put just anyone from the office on the phones as customers are frustrated if they don't reach someone with knowledge of the products. Thus, somedays I am a bit rushed on the phone if it is a busy day, but I try to be as helpful as I can.
2. I write all the programs and handle the incoming ordersheets and then send them to the office for shipping and processing and after an incident like Daniels I have had to go thru and come up with a coding system so there is good communication between the office and I. This way I can designate a different price and they don't just see it is an LS1 PCM and charge accordingly.
3. I am passionate about the business. I started it years ago myself and it has grown a lot in 10 years and has brought in other people along the way. Thus while I have to learn that you can't satisfy everyone all the time, I get frustrated when I see one person continually dog us. Thus, I apologize to Daniel for being upset with him in PM's, but at least I did use PM's as opposed to taking it into open forums.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a PCM for Less tune and am happy with it. I had some issues with my car when I got it running and Bryan always awnsered the phone and took the time to awnser my questions. I can't remember one time he didn't respond to my e-mails on the same day. I put the car on the Dyno and was impressed at the smoothness of the HP and TQ curve plus he had the A/F almost dead on (not bad for just sending him a bunch of numbers on paper!). You can't always make everyone happy, and I don't know much of anything about MadeZ28 so I can't comment on him, but I will continue to use PCM for Less.

P.S. Bryan, I will be sending my PCM back to you soon for injector recalibration!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Bryan, you'll have my business again next time I need a tune.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Is there any way to see the order sheet without first paying for the tune? I'm kinda curious what information the customer is asked to provide. It might also provide some insight into other mods I might be interested in pursuing. For instance, I don't have a 160 degree thermostat, or the LT4 knock module. I thought a tune eliminated the need for the knock module. Is that not the case? And what exactly are the benefits of running a 160 degree thermostat, aside from running cooler? Are there noticeable performance advantages?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BTC
Is there any way to see the order sheet without first paying for the tune? I'm kinda curious what information the customer is asked to provide. It might also provide some insight into other mods I might be interested in pursuing. For instance, I don't have a 160 degree thermostat, or the LT4 knock module. I thought a tune eliminated the need for the knock module. Is that not the case? And what exactly are the benefits of running a 160 degree thermostat, aside from running cooler? Are there noticeable performance advantages?

Yes, if you click on the link on the left that says ordersheet it will take you to the questionaire without having to go thru the payment system.
The LT4KM is still worth doing as it helps filter out false noises that can be picked up as knock. Only so much can be done thru the PCM to filter out false knock while still being able to pick up true knock, this is where the LT4 KM then comes in. The 160 stat allows us to run more timing and make more power as a cooler engine will have cooler heads and a cooler combustion.
If you have any more questions on mods feel free to shoot me an email at programmer@pcmforless.com as I can answer them there as well.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
I guess I should approach this from a different way.
Daniel is the FIRST and ONLY person you will see that ever has been overcharged or had such a complaint. My fault on this was that during the busy season I did not mark the order sheets right before they went to the office for credit card processing. This is why I do ask guys to note things like this when the send their PCM and/or paperwork.

so you openly admit that you screwed up and overcharged me and your not going to try and make it right?
thats even worse...i would expect a professional company that made a mistake to at least try to talk to me in a professional way and make thing right...im glad you at least admit your wrong because until now you havent i at least respect that of you...but its still not right
Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Launching!

so you openly admit that you screwed up and overcharged me and your not going to try and make it right?
thats even worse...i would expect a professional company that made a mistake to at least try to talk to me in a professional way and make thing right...im glad you at least admit your wrong because until now you havent i at least respect that of you...but its still not right

I did make it right, I had them refund the overcharge the VERY NEXT DAY. What would you like me to do now? I never said you weren't right that you got overbilled, just that we took care of it and that your problem was with billing and not the product.

Last edited by PCMFORLESS; 01-25-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

I just took Bryan up on his price match!

Thanks a ton Bryan! I have had great luck with Alvin on my 92 Corvette. They are very responsive folks!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

I did make it right, I had them refund the overcharge the VERY NEXT DAY. What would you like me to do now? I never said you weren't right that you got overbilled, just that we took care of it and that your problem was with billing and not the product.
thats a lie...i told you of the charge you said you would figure out whats going on and take care of it...next day i asked again you said i cant get ahold of managment(WTF?)....then the following day you told me we can discount to 175 and i said no, then you got back adn said you could do 125 thats was it......

and you just admitted above that you made a mistake..i was just saying
Old 01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Like I state in EVERY PCMFORLESS thread, Bryans customer services is top notch. He isnt one to lie, and does stand up to his word. Ive been to his house twice now, one for a tune, and another time to pick up my pcm. Invited me in his home both times, showed me his operation and cars. While there he answer numorous calls, and gave great technical advice. Ive had him dyno tune my car, and he was taking calls while dynoing....He is THE bussiest man I have seen, and I dont know how he does it. Everyone slips up at one point or another, and im sure he is sorry it had to be you. Go to a different tuner if you must, but he will still have my business w/ alot of other locals that are real happy with his tunes.....
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Launching!

thats a lie...i told you of the charge you said you would figure out whats going on and take care of it...next day i asked again you said i cant get ahold of managment(WTF?)....then the following day you told me we can discount to 175 and i said no, then you got back adn said you could do 125 thats was it......

and you just admitted above that you made a mistake..i was just saying
Daniel, if you get a chance shoot me a forward of the emails. I will try to make this right by you as you really feel like you got hosed and I don't want you to carry that feeling. I will look it over and if can't get it done thru here, I will take care of it thru my personal account. I figure if we can win you back with some goodwill then we can make sure every customer is satisfied. It looks from the reading in this post that it seems like the amount in question is $50. I do recall I was trying to make it right before by getting you that much of a discount or more on the next tune for you or a friend. I know you do like the product we have, I want to make you happy with our service as well.

Schweet, thanks for the kind words. I honestly do try to put as much effort as possible into every tune and enjoy what I do. Sometimes, perhaps I over do things and don't leave enough hours in the day to get it all done (my wife and I have 5 children between us and living here under our roof now as well) and that is why I had let the business end of this business in other hands so I had enough time to do the programming and phone calls and still have some time for the kids. BUT, ultimately I guess I need to make sure my input and voice is heard with big decisions as well here. The price matching idea I basically said this is how we are going to do it, and I need to start doing that with other things. 2008 is going to be a tight year for many consumers due to job losses, home equity loans not being nearly as easy to get, and the high prices of gas. I feel this is going to have a big impact on the motorsport industry this year and know that we have to have TOP NOTCH customer serivce to continue to grow the business. It's not going to be like years past where business just came our way because there was plenty to go around, this year it is going to be about customer service and value for your $$. When I ran everything myself not that long ago there just were not issues like this.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am getting into this thread late. I just want to stand up for Bryan. I have been using Bryan's services for years. He has always been a stand guy and will bend over backwards to help. I have bothered him countless times and he will always answer any question I may have. We are all human and make mistakes now and then. Bryan has always fixed any problems I may have had quickly. He has been and will continue to be my programmer of choice. Keep up the good work Bryan.
HVY SS Frank
Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Wow!! OK now everyone take a deep breath and go enjoy your cars!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Daniel, if you get a chance shoot me a forward of the emails.
Y'all really should pick up the phone and resolve this. It seems gone are the days of talking face-to-face or, at least, on the phone person-to-person. Ranting back and forth on a forum seems an unlikely fulfillment of a business conflict.

Just my 2c.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...I had Brian do the tune on my L67 swap Monte Carlo SS about a year ago and it worked flawlessly. Zero detonation at any temperature with a stock (at the time) thermostat, and factory drivability. What I really want to commend him on is his customer service. When I upgraded my setup recently I called him a million times while I was on the dyno and he talked with my in house tuner several times about my setup. He wasnt getting paid a cent and he took time out to help. I would refer anyone interested in a email tune to call him.

By the way....anyone in the OKC area with a stock or lightly modded LT1 dont race the white Monte Carlo SS with the shiny shoes...its been hurting some feelings as of late!!!!

ENGINEER I want NO part of your setup...Ive heard how that thing runs and dont want to get MY feelings hurt!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

My car badly needed a tune (full bolt on, warped head repaired (decked), 1.6rrs) so Josh from JSPerformance in PA gives brian a call because he was around the corner earlier in the day. Brian took the time to tune my car before he went home and it has been running flawlessly ever since... and the only light on my dash that comes on is the low traction light on the 1-2 shift . not sure if you remember my car Brian because i know you tune hundreds a month but it was the Red-Orange Metallic 96 Camaro that Josh from JSPerformance brought over when you were Dyno Tuning the Black Blown LT1 Trans Am. just want the thank you for the amazing accuracy just from reading my list of mods and i will be coming back to you when we do the bottom end and N2O setup for a dyno tune.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

So you have only had a small problem with one person....its business..people have flaws, nobody is 100 percent perfect. I have a quick question, I bought my car in July and it was tuned by you Byran. It seems to always run very rich at idle and is still a little rich all the way through the powerband. I am going to try and put new O2 sensors on it to see if that fixes the problem, but if you had to retune the car, how much is it? I have a 93 z28, mods are in the signature.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slingshot928
So you have only had a small problem with one person....its business..people have flaws, nobody is 100 percent perfect. I have a quick question, I bought my car in July and it was tuned by you Byran. It seems to always run very rich at idle and is still a little rich all the way through the powerband. I am going to try and put new O2 sensors on it to see if that fixes the problem, but if you had to retune the car, how much is it? I have a 93 z28, mods are in the signature.
Hi,
Actually a 93 car would be done by my partner Alvin, I do the 94 and newer here, he does the 93 and down chipped cars. Info like the long term fuel trims at part throttle and O2 values at WOT would be beneficical for fine tuning. You can reach Alvin direct at chips@pcmforless.com and he can give you more information.
Thanks,
Bryan

Quick Reply: PCM for less tune