LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wHAT HEAD AND CAM PACKAGE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt if the high end miss has anything to do with AI heads/cam set up. These LT1 engines just have alot of things that can cause that at high RPM (opti, rotor, coil, wires, bad ground, PCM, exhaust leak, MAF, injector spraying a lil less fuel than the rest, etc, etc). Just a coincidence that they have all had a miss. . . . . . . although if it was all LE heads/cam with the problems, there are 3-4 AI posters that would point it out on the quickness and say the quides were causing it, lol.

Hey, just calling it like it is. Seriously though, I really believe the miss has nothing to do the heads/cam and is one of MANY other variables.

Most would consider a post ***** to have over 100 posts but it is very obvious and well documented about the way you exagerate things. . . .

I only reply with useful info and am not trying to "sell" anything at all. Pretty much just answer the questions directed at me and point people in the right direction.

About the only time you see me post anything different is to defend myself from little kids running their D!CK SUCKER.

I stay swamped with emails and phone calls and have more than enough work but still have time to post here to help people out and defend myself when needed. I do not give anyone 25-50% off to do my post whoring for me and make the message board more like a Super Chevy, Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine as some do.

I am not sure what actually happened with Bret on the web sites. I can see how it would get old dealing with internet idiots that run their mouth and Bret does have a lil cocky attitude so that just feds the fire with E-thugs.

It is easy to talk stuff on a computer but alot less "healthy" to do it in person.

LTX shootout is about the only time alot of the people on this board will be in contact with each other and people that usually **** each other off will be all chummy when looking at each others face.

I can assure you Bret he did not scam anyone. The only person in question was wanting an engine shipped out and paid for in a manor Bret was not happy with. Should be no problem in getting proper payment as long as you have the $$$. A engine not completely paid for should not leave the shop.

Anyone else have any onfo or a different side of the story on this? If so please PM me so we do not ruin this thread anymore than it has been.

I think that is post # 88 for me. I'll probably break 100 posts by mid February.

Lloyd
Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Lloyd isn't a sponsor here anymore either yet he still post ****** with a link to his website to try to get his product out here, you don't see AI doing that. And there is no sponsor on here that ports LT1 heads that even gives us support. When was the last time you saw ETP, AFR, or tea post in this section, because I've never seen them post here.
Here are a couple of posts from last month for you, in fact you posted in one of these threads.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/824891-hydraulic-cam-396-a.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...227&highlight=

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=lloyd+elliot

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=lloyd+elliot

It still shows Llyod Elliot as a sponsor here, however I don't see his logo on the list with the others. https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=7571

AI doesn't need to post here with all of their nut swingers here (aka FREE ADVERTISING). It has been awhile but I have seen TEA (Brian Tooley) post in here this last year. Most of the focus is on the LSx motors here (aka LS1tech).

I'm not trying to say that the AI products don't work, just tired of hearing how their stuff is the end all to the LT1 engines.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
you blame opti installs on user error, why cant these le heads/cam be a user error also? i think ryan is parting his entire car out....thats why ge is getting rid of his. ive had good luck with mine thus far. only have 1500 miles on the setup, but what makes your ai heads more superior than lloyds?

I can see your questioning me on this. Fact is though when 15 guides are cracked and pushrod length was off just .050 the intaller error on the pushrod length was NOT the cause two different third party shops made the smae diagnosis of imporperly installed bronze liners. They are not the only examples either people just ignore information when it paints a picture of a trend they do not want to see. I got PMs and emails from a handful of guys this past year swapping from LE to AI, they do not often post about it because of the way guys who have problems with LE stuff get attacked

Do you understand CNC starts from a single hand made master port one that the guy can spend lots of time developing and the machine simply makes identical reproductions. So the "art" of hand porting is still a piece of the process, this just leaves out the inconsistency portion that comes with volume reproduction by hand.

Do you realize the heads you refer to as Advanced Induction's stage 3 are smaller than Lloyd's stage 2?

1997bird, I personally would still pick AI 200s over their LT4 or TrickFlow, I frankly think it is the best LT head available. The TrickFlow would be useful for lowering compression for boost but that is about the only way I would steer someone that way.

Lloyd would have you believe Bret is being treated wrong or he gave up on the boards. Here is the Administrator's take on why he was banned from the other board. http://camaroz28.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=17

Popularity is often mistaken for proof of quality, it is no such thing.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
I stay swamped with emails and phone calls and have more than enough work but still have time to post here to help people out and defend myself when needed. I do not give anyone 25-50% off to do my post whoring for me and make the message board more like a Super Chevy, Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine as some do.

It is easy to talk stuff on a computer but alot less "healthy" to do it in person.

LTX shootout is about the only time alot of the people on this board will be in contact with each other and people that usually **** each other off will be all chummy when looking at each others face.

Lloyd
To be honest, few companies offer a money back garuntee on thier products. I know of some companies that should, so I can send thier **** back for a refund. But why offer a garuntee with thier product if it weren't as good as thier customers say?

As for all that concern for people's welfare during face to face contact, be realistic. This is a litigous society and no one is going to jump someone over a difference in ported heads. No one really cares about it that much.

I could argue with with someone here about thier poor decisions, but when it comes down to it, I couldn't care. People are free to do as they please. Results speak volumes.

I would shake the hand of any LE customer and congratulate them on a good run at the track no matter what they run. Does that mean I consider thier purchases good or the products they use to be equal or choices I would make? No
Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
To be honest, few companies offer a money back garuntee on thier products. I know of some companies that should, so I can send thier **** back for a refund. But why offer a garuntee with thier product if it weren't as good as thier customers say?

As for all that concern for people's welfare during face to face contact, be realistic. This is a litigous society and no one is going to jump someone over a difference in ported heads. No one really cares about it that much.

I could argue with with someone here about thier poor decisions, but when it comes down to it, I couldn't care. People are free to do as they please. Results speak volumes.

I would shake the hand of any LE customer and congratulate them on a good run at the track no matter what they run. Does that mean I consider thier purchases good or the products they use to be equal or choices I would make? No

Well stated, and it is clear that I wasn't the only one who saw the vieled threat in the LE post.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

look into the cc306 cam! it sounds and performs bad ***! its the cam i would use if i bought another lt1.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

still do not see anything in that one post about Bret being a scammer but as mentioned, I have only heard one side of the story and have never had any bad dealings with Bret or heard any real info on this from anyone other than him.

Never said Bret as treated wrong in any way and not sure how anything I typed would have me trying to make anyone believe one way or the other. He has a chip on his shoulder and can get under someones skin. Kinda describes alot of people on the internet. Not sure how that results in being a scammer though.

LMAO about me threatening anyone. The LTx shootout comment was blanket statement for everyone on the board or going to the shootout. I do not even have any plans of going to the shootout. I do not have that much hatred for anyone unless they mess with my family (wife, daughters, parents, etc) or talk **** to my face.

Someone will not lie about you or talk trash about you to your face unless they were willing to come to blows as well . . . . . correct? If both mutually agree to come to blows, all is well and both should be happy they got their cardio and worked out some stress.

I stay calm no matter what is going on. I just see people get all fired up on here and you just know if the people were in the same room the conversation would go alot differently. Part of it is when typing you can get words and sentences taken differently than what the person typed them to mean. Part of it is people just typing things because they think they will never see the other person face to face.

Lloyd
Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I can see your questioning me on this. Fact is though when 15 guides are cracked and pushrod length was off just .050 the intaller error on the pushrod length was NOT the cause two different third party shops made the smae diagnosis of imporperly installed bronze liners. They are not the only examples either people just ignore information when it paints a picture of a trend they do not want to see. I got PMs and emails from a handful of guys this past year swapping from LE to AI, they do not often post about it because of the way guys who have problems with LE stuff get attacked

Do you understand CNC starts from a single hand made master port one that the guy can spend lots of time developing and the machine simply makes identical reproductions. So the "art" of hand porting is still a piece of the process, this just leaves out the inconsistency portion that comes with volume reproduction by hand.

Do you realize the heads you refer to as Advanced Induction's stage 3 are smaller than Lloyd's stage 2?

1997bird, I personally would still pick AI 200s over their LT4 or TrickFlow, I frankly think it is the best LT head available. The TrickFlow would be useful for lowering compression for boost but that is about the only way I would steer someone that way.

Lloyd would have you believe Bret is being treated wrong or he gave up on the boards. Here is the Administrator's take on why he was banned from the other board. http://camaroz28.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=17

Popularity is often mistaken for proof of quality, it is no such thing.

So we have one person that came out and said he had a problem. That is the only proof of a defective product. Your saying you have had nurmous PM's from different people telling you Lloyds heads are junk. I dont really believe that. Now im not being a *****, but there isnt alot of people on here that listen to your advice because you make it that its either your way or no way, user error of a problem or they are "ASSuming" things. Why would people come to you with a defective head? What are you going to do about it besides tell them to go AI? Why would they not be man/woman enough to make a post and let everyone know of a defective product? Or even call Lloyd? If this is an on going problem, I would without a doubt be willing to bet Lloyd would take his head back to the drawing board to make it right and figure out what the flaw was. People who have had a bad expeirence with Lloyd post up! I would like to see it. Once again here is a guy that I feel gets a bad rap, when in all out reality gives great info, helps people out and give specific instructions on how to port a head even if they arent sending it to him.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

I am not sure what actually happened with Bret on the web sites. I can see how it would get old dealing with internet idiots that run their mouth and Bret does have a lil cocky attitude so that just feds the fire with E-thugs.
Well okay... seems like you have everyone figured out. End of discussion. lol
Bert wasn't banned for obscure random reasons. There's something to be said about being banned from two major f-body boards.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO about me threatening anyone. The LTx shootout comment was blanket statement for everyone on the board or going to the shootout. I do not even have any plans of going to the shootout. I do not have that much hatred for anyone unless they mess with my family (wife, daughters, parents, etc) or talk **** to my face.

Someone will not lie about you or talk trash about you to your face unless they were willing to come to blows as well . . . . . correct? If both mutually agree to come to blows, all is well and both should be happy they got their cardio and worked out some stress.

I stay calm no matter what is going on. I just see people get all fired up on here and you just know if the people were in the same room the conversation would go alot differently. Part of it is when typing you can get words and sentences taken differently than what the person typed them to mean. Part of it is people just typing things because they think they will never see the other person face to face.

Lloyd
Was your blanket statement just a friendly service message from LE then? Call it what you want - no reason to bring up the subject to begin with and certainly no reason to follow up and pathetically pontificate the situations where 'coming to blows' is somehow justified for you - does any of it even matter? The reality is that nobody's throwing blows over the debate between your head work and someone elses. Good grief, how old are you? If you have so much work, why would you give a flying **** what a few think on this board - or are you really worried about some of what might be repeated as damaging from these, as you so eloquently stated, 'd!ck suckers'. Really, I thought you had more class - you certainly had more respect prior to this thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

i never said it wasnt impress, i was just stating what i had read somewhere. i like AI stuff so far, have no reason to hate on their product. but like i said 3/4 of the threads ive read have said they have a miss uptop, it could just be user incompetency...
Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have a few figured out and a few others are a mystery while others I have no interest in figuring out. Maybe Bret crossed the grey line in sponsor/not sponsor posting for soliciting customers. That would be my guess. When there is not a definitive black line, it can get fuzzy. I try to error on the side of caution but that is me. I am a nice guy.

I am not sure what you are trying to say but I see where Bret could rub people the wrong way and it seems like at least 2 web sites feel the same way. Not sure what you are agreeing with or not agreeing with and it is obvious I am agreeing with nothing on either side of the pendelum. Just stating fact that Bret is hard to get along with for some and me being a nice guy, I have no problem with Bret.

as a freind of Bret, I just see how his "abrasive to some" attitude can get heated responses back to him and know how the net works. Nothing meant towards anyone in particular and is probably just as much Brets fault as anyone for feeding the fire. Still not cause for being called a scammer.

No smiley face or winky face inserted, just speaking the truth. Some feel these are ways to type what they want and get no reaction towards them. The words are still there regardless of the smiley/winky face attached and the word should be taken as such.

Not sticking up for or talking trash on anyone. Just stating my opinion.

Sure I consider some people just running their D!ck Sucker. Any one that imbelishes facts and changes stories fall in that category wether it be talking about me or for me. The door swings both ways with me as opposed to someregardless of what pom poms they are swinging around. I am sure most consider others doing the same thing at one point or another but never state it or call them out.

No PSA involved, just stating facts on how things can get heated on the net and others will say thing they will not say in person. I will not type anything I will not back up or say in person as others will and I would expect anyone saying bad things to say them to my face and we can go from there.

I am 37 yrs old by the way. My crazy days were over 16 years ago and I have calmed down ALOT. As a person with pride, I have to stand up for myself when talked down on. It is just part of what my parents made me. Not really sure that I should feel bad about it and regardless of what respect was gained or lost, just speaking my mind.

Not really looking for any respect I do not deserve, I am a good person as anyone with an un biased mind will see when reading my posts or ANYONE that has ever met me will concur. Just trying to help people out regardless if it leads to a dollar in my pocket or not and defend myself when needed.

I am sure others will do the same if in my shoes.

As mentioned, I am easy going and take everything in stride. It has been over 10 years since I have been in a full blown fight and since then just a few 5-10 second altercations with a throat punch or head butt to the nose have been all I have needed to settle any conflict taking place. All justified on my behalf due to someone disrespecting my wife or daughters. Never had anyone disrespct me to my face in the past 10 years other than a drunk buddy squirting water on me a few moths back and I countered by dumping beer on him. Never came to blows as some would have taken it, just wanted to calm him down and wait for him to take a swing. He appoligized and everything was cool.

Not sure what this has to do with heads/cam set ups for the original poster at all . . . . . . . . just rambling on and responding to other posts made.

Lloyd
Old 01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Not sure what this has to do with heads/cam set ups for the original poster at all . . . . . . . . just rambling on and responding to other posts made.
Have you been hitting the sauce tonight? Don't feel obligated that you must excuse Bert's actions or attempt to explain why Bert is the way Bert is. He did this all to himself. No one else was responsible. Every controversial encounter I've read from him has ended up where he's the one always trying to take it to the next level. Do yourself a favor and find a cam grinder that isn't a farce and won't help run your business into the ground.
You sitting here "defending yourself" doesn't help your image in the slightest especially when you start in on this e-thug bullshit. Those who are of your status who've done this same thing failed. This includes: Lou Gigliotti, Joe Overton, Bert and soon to be you. As I've told those who I've mentioned, if you have as much work as you say you do then let the work speak for itself.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

nah, haven't had a drink since last Saturday night at Chilis (2 Long Island teas if that matters).

I feel 'NOT" defending myself would pretty much give people the opinion that things being said are true if I do not contest them.

Just wanted to defend Bret as much as possible with the little knowledge of the incident people refer to. To not see any post in his defense would make him look even more guilty of something only mentioned by a few here.

Anyone knowing more can post here or PM me. I just wanted to make sure he was not getting rail roaded since he is not here to defend him self. Maybe there is more than i know that went on. maybe there is less than you pretend to know that went on.

I am not much of an E thug myself. Just read my posts with an unbiased eye or meet me in person and you will see how nice I am.

Most see me for what I am worth and most for what they are woth. One post from any one of us means very little in the grand scheme of things and true colors always come out for everyone to see regardless of how anyone of us view ourselves.

Most can see through a poster using a play on words, putting words in others mouths, twisting things that are said, etc and a brief search on recent posts will see the agenda (or lack there of) for any poster on this or any web site.

Most say the same thing in all posts wether it is all bad mouthing someone, all praising someone or actually giving genuine and un biased help to anyone needing it with questions on what they are trying to do.

Lloyd
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 AM
11 Second Club

Its funny to see how people are treated after they are no longer LS1TECH Sponsor.
I am willing to say if NightTrain66 was still a LS1 sponsor people would not be talking this much ****. But what do I no I am just a kid right?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:35 AM
12 Second Club

it says ls1tech sponsor under his name?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:44 AM
11 Second Club

The site has not updated yet
Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 AM
12 Second Club

ic ic
Old 01-27-2008, 05:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
So we have one person that came out and said he had a problem. That is the only proof of a defective product. Your saying you have had nurmous PM's from different people telling you Lloyds heads are junk. I dont really believe that. Now im not being a *****, but there isnt alot of people on here that listen to your advice because you make it that its either your way or no way, user error of a problem or they are "ASSuming" things. Why would people come to you with a defective head? What are you going to do about it besides tell them to go AI?
I am happy someone said it before I did. I thought I was the only one that thought 96capricemgr was dick
Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 AM
12 Second Club

LOL...its not so much that I would call him a dick, he is just so narrow minded. He does contribute ALOT of helpful, useful information....but he needs to learn how to do it in different ways. Stop being so bias towards certain things, ported heads being a typical topic he is bias towards. But lets not make this thread about him

Quick Reply: wHAT HEAD AND CAM PACKAGE