LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

-24 Below Zero!! Did the Z28 Fire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hyperzone
I miss my highschool days in PA cutting doughnuts with the 3rd gen in empty snow-filled parking lots. Ah, and the always unexpected crap-your-pants slides through stop signs/lights from ice you didn't know was there.... Or stopping on a hill in traffic and then trying to move again (in ice)..... dem were the days! hehe... Hats off to anyone with a RWD 300hp+ driving in the snow and ice without loosing it! I think if I had to live up there again, I would definitely have me a 4WD beater for the winter months.
The sad thing is, "I do."

But do you know how hard it is to squeeze that thing thru the taco bell drive thru without taking out the side of the building!?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahaa... probably have to turn it off just like the f-body at the speaker when you order from the noise.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned

Man.. I know exactly how you guys all feel. I had to go into work today, but the car gets to sit in a garage all night. She fired right up. Then I make the drive to work. It's all good, and the day seems like any other day....Then i get to work, and she's got to sit in a cold/freezing uncovered parking lot ALL day..... Anyway, the day ends and i walk out in what seems to be about a freezing 62 degrees!! Can you believe it, 62 degrees?!? Luckily my girl started right up...WHEW!!

These crazy Los Angeles winters are NO JOKE (I feel your pain, east coast guys)!! Good thing i had a sweatshirt in the back seat!!

I hear tonight it's supposed to get down to 47 degrees....F that!!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We've had snow on the ground since Thanksgiving. I don't have trouble on the cleared roads, but every single side street and parking lot is not cleared...just the main roads. I might as well be driving on ice with bald tires. The Nankang's are summer tires and if it snows more than an inch I don't even try. I've gotten stuck several times this winter and I have met the ditch

It's been in the teens here the past couple days... always starts up fine. We got about a foot of snow last week, which def. is a record. The most snow I've seen in my life. I hate the north.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

it's not so bad in the north. Why?... because we have snowmobiles! Last year we got dumped on so good i took my snowmobile down the residential streets to my buddys house in the city lol. I do miss driving the camaro though. I am counting the days till spring.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate007
Thus, the reason I became a mechanic!
Awesome... pay to have some clownshoes joyriding my **** in the snow...
Been on the receiving end of that and the "mechanic" did not like the outcome... thus, the reason why car stays away from shops like that.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Thus, the reason why I do not leave my car anywhere near a shop...
, hopefully this guy gets what's coming to him.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
, hopefully this guy gets what's coming to him.
(1) I don't Joy Ride anyone's $hit

(2) If I don't know my customer well enough to have his trust, I send him down the street to see another shop! It ends before it even starts. All my cars are insured for a Million dollars. That's some $992,000 more than many of your cars are worth.

The bottom line gentlemen, "I'm as good as some, better than most". I am not a dick but I can be brutally honest at times.

The Black Z28 that was shown in all of that photos was not harmed during the making of this thread. It was built to be an every day driver, no matter the conditions. We are talking about an automobile here.

The weather man says we are getting more snow. Anyone got a snowmobile I can borrow?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Village Troll

(1) I don't Joy Ride anyone's $hit
You using any customer's car for your personal dealings is joyriding. You are so brutally honest w/ a customer you'll tell them straight up, "Yeah if I get hungry I'm going to borrow your car to get food or for what ever other personal business I have..."
Very typical...
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

You using any customer's car for your personal dealings is joyriding. You are so brutally honest w/ a customer you'll tell them straight up, "Yeah if I get hungry I'm going to borrow your car to get food or for what ever other personal business I have..."
Very typical...
I am not going to go into the details, but if your not paying me $120 per hour for labor, you must be a friend. With that said Ill take my *** elsewhere for awhile since you boys have got it all figured out.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

so what the hell did you eat for dinner..was it a fourth meal...lol....today is like 19 degrees here and thats way too cold for me..Im so used to living in the south but if it keeps up like this im moving south even farther
Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Village Troll

I am not going to go into the details, but if your not paying me $120 per hour for labor, you must be a friend. With that said Ill take my *** elsewhere for awhile since you boys have got it all figured out.

So, "friend"... I pay you $120 an hour for you to joyride my car in the snow and if you wreck it "oh it's insured..." LMAO! What if you total it?
For starters... I won't pay any clown any damn bit of money for the risk of them taking my car w/out my consent. Secondly I don't believe you are best buddies everyone who walks in your shop where you've driven their car, however I can see why you'd want to be their friend if they're stupid enough to pay you a whacked out fee of $120 an hour.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, "friend"... I pay you $120 an hour for you to joyride my car in the snow and if you wreck it "oh it's insured..." LMAO! What if you total it?
For starters... I won't pay any clown any damn bit of money for the risk of them taking my car w/out my consent. Secondly I don't believe you are best buddies everyone who walks in your shop where you've driven their car, however I can see why you'd want to be their friend if they're stupid enough to pay you a whacked out fee of $120 an hour.
yeah why are you just picking customers cars to drive around...I wouldnt want anyone testing my car unless i was there or at least with my consent
Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
yeah why are you just picking customers cars to drive around...I wouldnt want anyone testing my car unless i was there or at least with my consent
Dude it happens ALL the time. It's their idiotic mentality that they can get away with it because they are insured. They don't care to take into account what a royal pain in the *** it is to deal with a wrecked car and THAT'S even if they fully cooperate.
I'd almost just rather not know about it instead of some clown coming onto a message board gloating about having the choice customer cars to drive...
I could give a **** who is insured. I would rather not have my car wrecked. I don't think I'm the only one who shares that opinion.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Dude it happens ALL the time. It's their idiotic mentality that they can get away with it because they are insured. They don't care to take into account what a royal pain in the *** it is to deal with a wrecked car and THAT'S even if they fully cooperate.
I'd almost just rather not know about it instead of some clown coming onto a message board gloating about having the choice customer cars to drive...
I could give a **** who is insured. I would rather not have my car wrecked. I don't think I'm the only one who shares that opinion.
some people have to learn this lesson the hard way.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by infinitebird
some people have to learn this lesson the hard way.
This really sucks this had to happen. Jeff seems to be a good dude and I'd trust him to tune anything I had. I just wouldn't leave my car at his shop.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 AM
On The Tree

Too bad about your little Corvette friend.

I only operate vehicles I have been given permission to drive or own. I do know most all my customers personally and I do not appreciate you guys trying to imply that I do not own or have express consent to drive vehicles I may show you.

What I do own and what I don't own is none of anyone's business.

When I said "Thus why I became a mechanic" it was implying that I never have to leave my vehicle at a shop. You guys in here like to paint BS pictures. A good example can be seen here.

I have good friends and in return I try my best to be a good friend. The labor rate of $120 per hour is going rate for mechanics. Perhaps if many of you didn't work at Jiffy Lube or Valvoline you would know this.

Here is a photo of the Z28 when I first purchased it some 8 years ago.

Since that time it has changed hands and I can not take credit for the super work done by the body guy in bring this car back around. I did play a major role in the performance engine overhaul and ignition/N20 systems installed.

So if anyone wants to contact that guy with the smashed Corvette, let him know that a few guys are interested in buying it at salvage price. Had the corvette not been made out of an aluminum frame that car would not have been totaled. Even so someone will buy that Corvette and bring it back to its glory. Pity the owner of the Corvette abandon her, however it was wrong for the owner to allow someone else to drive that sort of vehicle. I have people whom help me with aspects of repairs but they are not permitted to drive the vehicle. High performance vehicles at our shop are ONLY driven by me or their owner. This is because I personally check everything that goes out the door. Bad call on letting the shop hand drive the Vette. Can anyone say "Ferris Bullers Day off?".... Ohhhhhh---Yeahhhhhhhh

Where I am from thats a "Light hit". And one more thing, I like how on that forum everyone says "Two heads hit the windshield". Too bad just the air bags going off does that. Hate to say it but no-one's head hit that glass. Im not saying its right, but someone has to save that Vette! Why not me?

Last edited by Checkmate007; 02-15-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Village Troll

I have good friends and in return I try my best to be a good friend. The labor rate of $120 per hour is going rate for mechanics. Perhaps if many of you didn't work at Jiffy Lube or Valvoline you would know this.
You are an idiot. Your rate is your rate. I could give two ***** about it. I am not going to pay some clown $120 to drive my car around in the snow risking damage. I don't care how long your novel posts are w/ you trying to convince everyone here how honest you are I don't believe you. Too many shadys out there to think otherwise.
Read your very first post and then try to envision being on the other side. It really reads as if you're gloating about your pick of cars. Perhaps you should work on your delivery instead of whining about content. If not and you start w/ the horse **** "... it's none of your business..." then you will have to trudge through threads just like this. Really, it's up to you how you want to present yourself.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

I have a customer that lives in VA. My only hope is he pulls next to you one day and paddles your a$$.

Who is that customer you ask? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

I am not here soliciting work, so lets not flatter yourself by thinking I am trying to convince you when all I did was respond to some smart a$$ comment you made.

Quick Reply: -24 Below Zero!! Did the Z28 Fire?