LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lol mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once beat a mach 1 while eating a mcbagel and missing 3rd. Still got him though.

Mustangs are slow.

Wait Wait Wait hows that go again
Must
Use
Supercharger or
Turbocharger
Against
NA
GM

Haha just stirring the pot.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
A 98 Cobra with intake/exhaust and probably gears is more than capable of beating bolt on LT1 cars. That is if the Cobra driver actually knows how to drive. Those 4valves love to be revved, and can be carried to damn near 7,000 rpm.
Oh I know they are. He never said he had gears though. Said all he had was intake/exhaust. But I knew he was lying. Typical mustang owner lol. j/k
Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would love to quote a local mustang shops owner when I asked him why bolt on mustangs are so slow, "You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****"

hahah

I once watched my buddy in his 2005 automatic scion tC with just axleback and intake WALK AWAY from 3 consecutive times a SN-95 automatic 4.6. It was from a dig every time and oh so said. He started making up excuses like well I cant hook (I laughed cause we were in a FWD haah) and then he said his car wasnt running right.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03mustgt
You are an idiot.
And you are on the wrong site if you want to prop up mustangs. The only mustang I have respect for are Terminator Cobras. The rest are just a waste of money.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Launching!

LOL, at the brakes comment. No Fbody owner has the right to bitch about another cars breaks. I have an LS1 car and my brakes are absolutely terrible. I know LT1's are worse. Go drive a Cobra/Mach 1 or a GT with the 13in. upgrade. The breaks are waaaaay better. I dont think there was too much crying going on, but come on man, some of these posters are obviously way off base. Some of the comments I read just made me shake my head in shame at fellow GM drivers saying that ****.
That's funny coming from a guy who owns a mustang and a lightning j/k
Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't stand guys with mustangs.....that think there fast. They always talk about bolt on this and bolt on that. Bolt on what ever you want and then race my stock lt1....and get your *** handed to you.....then go bolt something else on and we'll do it all over again. Now don't get me wrong there are fast mustangs out there....just not off the lot. I bought my car fast and it just seems to get faster. I don't see the point in buying a slow car and trying to make it fast. The only fast mustangs were the 03-04 cobra and they had to supercharge the sob's.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

LOL, at the brakes comment. No Fbody owner has the right to bitch about another cars breaks. I have an LS1 car and my brakes are absolutely terrible. I know LT1's are worse. Go drive a Cobra/Mach 1 or a GT with the 13in. upgrade. The breaks are waaaaay better. I dont think there was too much crying going on, but come on man, some of these posters are obviously way off base. Some of the comments I read just made me shake my head in shame at fellow GM drivers saying that ****.
like i said "worst brakes ive ever PERSONALLY experienced". ive seen poor braking distance comparisons and complaints of abs causing problems and it makes sense judging from what ive experienced. my lt1 fbody stops waaaay better than my 2v gt ever did. i cant wait to put some real brakes on it.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
I would love to quote a local mustang shops owner when I asked him why bolt on mustangs are so slow, "You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****"

hahah

I once watched my buddy in his 2005 automatic scion tC with just axleback and intake WALK AWAY from 3 consecutive times a SN-95 automatic 4.6. It was from a dig every time and oh so said. He started making up excuses like well I cant hook (I laughed cause we were in a FWD haah) and then he said his car wasnt running right.
lol. His car was running perfectly fine. I used to beat up on SN95 GT's with my bone stock 2000 Cavalier Z24 5speed. I never beat them by much, but it's still sad that my 150 crank hp wrong wheel drive econobox beat their big bad V8 pony car.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrnorm_hemicide
And you are on the wrong site if you want to prop up mustangs. The only mustang I have respect for are Terminator Cobras. The rest are just a waste of money.
Whatever man, I was not saying mustangs are in any way better than gm products. I am just merely trying to save some of you guys from looking like complete idiots by spreading false information, that is all. Some of you guys seem cool and know what your talking about, others, well not so much. To the guy that thinks his stock LT1 will take a bolt on 99+ mustang you are gonna have a surprise coming to you. To the people saying that 03 cobras are the only mustang you respect, well that would be like me saying LS1 powered vehicles are the only GM's I respect, which is not the case.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
I can't stand guys with mustangs.....that think there fast. They always talk about bolt on this and bolt on that. Bolt on what ever you want and then race my stock lt1....and get your *** handed to you.....then go bolt something else on and we'll do it all over again. Now don't get me wrong there are fast mustangs out there....just not off the lot. I bought my car fast and it just seems to get faster. I don't see the point in buying a slow car and trying to make it fast. The only fast mustangs were the 03-04 cobra and they had to supercharge the sob's.
^Bad information^ dont listen to this guy.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Addict

Whatever man, I was not saying mustangs are in any way better than gm products. I am just merely trying to save some of you guys from looking like complete idiots by spreading false information, that is all. Some of you guys seem cool and know what your talking about, others, well not so much. To the guy that thinks his stock LT1 will take a bolt on 99+ mustang you are gonna have a surprise coming to you. To the people saying that 03 cobras are the only mustang you respect, well that would be like me saying LS1 powered vehicles are the only GM's I respect, which is not the case.
Yeah, there's a lot of ignorance in this thread. I'm a die-hard GM fan, and I'll even admit that a 99-04 GT, stock for stock, against an LT1, will be a very good race. On average, an LT1 will usually run a couple tenths quicker, but still, a couple tenths is a drivers race.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yeah, there's a lot of ignorance in this thread. I'm a die-hard GM fan, and I'll even admit that a 99-04 GT, stock for stock, against an LT1, will be a very good race. On average, an LT1 will usually run a couple tenths quicker, but still, a couple tenths is a drivers race.
I agree, my friends are all LS1 guys so I see both sides of the fence. I try to keep people from being blinded by brand loyalty. Dont worry, I even do this to mustang guys in regards to gm products.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

I agree, my friends are all LS1 guys so I see both sides of the fence. I try to keep people from being blinded by brand loyalty. Dont worry, I even do this to mustang guys in regards to gm products.
Yeah, all of my friends, with sports cars, drive Mustangs. My cousin has a minor bolt-on 4.10 geared 96 Cobra. One of my best friends had a cammed 99 Cobra with 4.10's and a few bolt-ons. He now has an '04 GT with a few bolt-ons. And another guy I know drives a 2000 GT with an intake and high flow mufflers. I'm just surrounded by Mustangs. lol. I can't wait to race them all and see what'll happen. I think I can take the GT's pretty easily, but I'm a little worried about my cousin's Cobra. Assuming he still hasn't learned how to drive the car, I shouldn't have any problems.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrnorm_hemicide
Did you know that the new Mustang GT's have run mid 13's stock? Mach 1's run low 13's and of course the Shelby GT 500's are high 12's. All of which are better then stock LT1 quarter mile times and all respond well to mods.

I'm not a Mustang owner and don't want to be. But I can at least give respect where respect is due. Anything that is relatively quick and responds well to mods is not a waste of money in my book.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Heres a couple of vids I found. The first one is a good example of some lightly modded cars racing. I know its not an LT1, but you can safely say a bolt on LT1 A4 would be about the same as the SS in the vid. Notice how much stronger the Mach 1 is down low compared to the Cobra...with less mods to boot. He jumped teh first race though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwCuWPMTdNk
This one was cause for much debate when it was posted here. I think race #2 is more accurate, because the Mach seemed to be granny shifting like crazy in the first race. LOL at the ZO6 absolutely leaving both cars behind at the beginning. That was awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3neBw029wc

Im not trying to start any trouble. Im mainly doing this to show some of the blind dummys in here that an 03/04 Cobra is not the only thing that can run with your almighty LT1. Mach 1's especially offer LS1 like performance stock, and responds very well to bolt ons. Some of you guys need to do some research.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

<Owned a nonpi 2v and beat every lt1 i came against... and 80% of the ls1s...

of course i was blown
Old 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
i wish i could afford to buy my car back... guaranteed to smoke a stock lt1 car

(definately stirring the pots as im a mustang guy at heart because they are the only cars ive ever owned to not break/blow up)
Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

If you compare year-to-year performance of mustangs vs. f-bodies its pretty clear what happens.. imagine a '94 gt stang running a 94 lt1... or how about an '02 cobra running an '02 ls1? gm wins until '03 lol.

Last edited by NicksTAgt; 03-02-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

^ Yea thats cool let's compare 10 year old gm technology with practically new ford technology. Is a relatively new car keeping up with a 10 year old one supposed to impress me? Because it doesn't...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Launching!

I 100% agree with the two posts above. I have two buddys with mustangs, one with a 97 A4 gt, he runs a full second slower than me in the 1/4, and I can't launch my car to save my life. The other buddy has, well now had, a 02 gt vert with a chip, no front sway bar, and drag radials, his best run is the same as mine, a 14.4 (time was before lca's, cai, and air foil)

Quick Reply: Lol mustang owners