LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what do i need before i throw tha procharger on tha LT1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i need before i throw tha procharger on tha LT1??

help me out yall, 95 b-body, cold air intake, bbk 58 mm tb, boss hogg 2400 stall, taylor 10.4 wires,shorty headers(lookin for lts), full 3 in. cat back, drilled n slotted rotors all around, and 9c1 suspension, eibach drop springs, gabriel airshocks. i was planning on a fully forged 383 but idk if i need to go that far..r maybe farther ...i just need advice
Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Launching!

how tha *** u gon come look at it and not say ****?? lol any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

a forged 4bolt main bottom end would be a solid start.it doesnt have to be stroker. stock cubes, stock ported heads-check out eportworks.com, the right cam and good flowing exhaust would EASILY exceed 500 crank hp id go with 9-9.5:1 compression
Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Launching!

thanx alott thformula. well yea i kno i dont NEED a stroker but ive always wanted a 383 ever sice my homie had one in a 70 shortwide pickup. and im from arlington so i was gonna either go with lloyd elliot or with kim barr out of dallas. like u said 9-9.5 :1, i want to keep low compression when supercahrging right??
Old 04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

im not a pro but i have been told 9-9.5:1 is good for the street that any lower can kinda take away low end torque you need for daily driving.in a heavy car id probably stay 9-9.5:1.i know there are guys out there with 383's SCed.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Launching!

cool cool ok another question...dont u want high compression for nitrous..? because a long time ago b4 i got tha prochargr kit i bought tha zex lt1 kit, then this other dude told me to decide which i wanted...nitrous or (sc) so kan i not do both???

o and i kno theyre out there...but theyre tha dousches that wont give me input lol its ok ill let 4200 lbs embarass em one day lol
Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes with nitrous you want to retain high compression.

You can do both on a boosted setup (lower comp) but the nitrous will just not make as much power as on an engine with higher compression.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

how tha *** u gon come look at it and not say ****?? lol any help will be greatly appreciated
Wow, that attitude won't get you alot of responses, but here goes....

You'll probably need some new pistons unless you keep boost at a low level..... Like 6 psi or less... don't buy that stuff that procharger talks about upwards of 10+ psi cause 10.3:1 compression and hyperucraptic pistons with boost do not mix...... no matter what they say. You will eventually crush a piston and require a rebuild..... I'd do the whole motor with forged pistons and some good rods.... get some light work done to the heads if you want and then add the 10 psi of boost to the mix and call it a day. You'll have a 450+ HP LT1 that will run reliably without having to worry about WHEN it is going to break not IF..... just my .02
Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your really wanting to do both power adders it can be done. Actually they compliment each other pretty well. With the hot air comeing from the blower the n2o will cool down your iat's that much more. But make sure you get it tuned for both. You may want to run some race gas just for good measure when on the bottle. Thats alot of cylinder pressure.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Launching!

thanx alott yall im just still tryin to get as much info as i can bcuzz i dont know anything about internals, i mean i understand how it works..but not how to make it work better. lol i just keep saving more money and im trying to make sure i spend it right...once because i cant afford twice..ive had this car since i was 16 n ive put 500 miles on it..if that. so now im buildin it forreal
Old 04-09-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default re

my buddy did the same Procharger route on his F-body with stock bottom end. decide it needed a bit more boost and WHAM no more piston, rod and crank. It is much easier to have the stock crank checked, some decent rods and some low compresion pistons ( mahle's are very nice ) and the bearings/ rings set for your goal. And DO NOT forget the fuel system. Always go bigger than what you need.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would go for a 355, 8.5 : 1 compression, callies crank, rods, and some crazy pistons, JE's? On a side note you should look around, people were having a problem with the belts coming off because of belt mis alignment.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Launching!

ok thanx slingshot ill look into that idea but i was thinking i want to go with a lil higher compression so i can benefit from both the nitrous and the procharger.

and also do u kno what cars were experiencing the slippage because i have to get a b-body procharger bracket from NRP, so this might correct the misalignment. but i was planning on switching over to a cog wheel setup anyways, for when i wanna go higher than 6psi or 8psi lol

and thanx for mentioning the fuel system 1redta ive been thinking about that too...
i have a booster pump that came with my zex kit...use it or sell it??

i have a booster pump that came with my procharger kit...keep or sell??

i bought a 255lph walbro a long time ago...use or sell??

then what else?? just injectors, and a regulator??

ive been lookin at racetronix.....tht seems to be tha favorite on here

o and one more question...isnt billet way stronger than forged....do they make billet stroker kits?? just a thought
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Id say up to 8psi on 93 octane and a solid tune would be pretty safe. Id say go with the Walbro 255 pump, 55lb injectors, and Adjustable FPR. Your gonna need the adjustable FPR so the fuel will be even with the boost pressure. Otherwise your gonna run leaner and leaner the more boost thats produced.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Launching!

oops my bad. old *** thread. sorry i was searching.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Sell your car.

Quick Reply: what do i need before i throw tha procharger on tha LT1??