LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Goodbye Opti! LT1 runs w/ coil packs and LS1 PCM.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zigroid
what is keeping you from getting a BBC to run under this system?
The 7.4L Vortec big block is not a problem. All parts are available now. We have a Vortec big block in the shop that runs coil per cylinder and drive by wire.

The earlier big blocks will not accept the Vortec timing cover, so there is no where to put the crank sensor.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much is your plug and play harness for the LT1?
I have a 96.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love seeing new stuff for our old wore out LT1's.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
how much is your plug and play harness for the LT1?
I have a 96.
$800.00 for the 24x LT1 plug and play harness (fbody only)
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How would we go about reworking our stock harness? I understand that you have all the connectors and etc that we need, but would we get any assistance from you to do the job ourselves? Would we just have to find the necessary wiring diagram(s) and figure it out for ourselves? I've got plenty of time to try and convert my harness, but I would need some sort of direction.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S10Wildside
$800.00 for the 24x LT1 plug and play harness (fbody only)
Anything planned for the ybody? I've got a '96 LT4 OBDII Corvette that I'm looking to update this spring.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
How would we go about reworking our stock harness? I understand that you have all the connectors and etc that we need, but would we get any assistance from you to do the job ourselves? Would we just have to find the necessary wiring diagram(s) and figure it out for ourselves? I've got plenty of time to try and convert my harness, but I would need some sort of direction.
What are your expectations? What sort of assistance do you have in mind?

Yes, you will have to come up with your own wiring schematics. Consider ebay for service manuals or http://www.alldatadiy.com.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT4POWR
Anything planned for the ybody? I've got a '96 LT4 OBDII Corvette that I'm looking to update this spring.
It won't be long before we study the Corvette wiring harness. It may be a few months before we offer a replacement Corvette engine harness.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

It won't be long before we study the Corvette wiring harness. It may be a few months before we offer a replacement Corvette engine harness.
Sounds good, thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are your expectations? What sort of assistance do you have in mind?

Yes, you will have to come up with your own wiring schematics. Consider ebay for service manuals or http://www.alldatadiy.com.
You need to run an LS1 computer with your set up correct?

Im curious as to what all needs to be modify and how to splice in coil-on-plug connectors. I realize you must change the pins over from lt1 to ls1, just wonder what else needs to be change.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Im curious as to what all needs to be modify and how to splice in coil-on-plug connectors. I realize you must change the pins over from lt1 to ls1, just wonder what else needs to be change.
Unfortunately the harness work can't be summarized. It's a lot of work to make the harness modifications. We won't even do it. All we're offering is a brand new plug and play harness. Remove original LT1 engine harness, plug in the new 24x LT1 engine harness.

If the new harness price does not fit the budget, by all means save some cash by getting the wiring diagrams and begin planning through your harness conversion. If it begins to look like a job too difficult to tackle, that's where EFI Connection is willing to step in and do the difficult work for you by offering a plug and play 24x LT1 engine harness.

Last edited by S10Wildside; 02-11-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

If it works good I would do it
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

Here's a list of connectors that may be needed if you're doing the wiring harness conversion yourself. We'll be updating http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn..._cylinder.aspx with pricing for these items. I show this list not for pricing, but to give the DIYers an idea of items involved for the harness rework.

LS1 PCM Connector (we stock all assembly pieces)

Crank Sensor Connector (we stock all assembly pieces)

Cam Sensor Connector (we stock all assembly pieces)

Female (yes, female) Coil Harness Connector (PCM Side) (we stock all assembly pieces)

Male (yes, male) Coil Harness Connector (Coil Side) (we stock all assembly pieces)

LS2/LS3/LS7 Type Coil Connector (we stock all assembly pieces)

LS1/LS6 Type Coil Connector (we stock all assembly pieces)

Knock Sensor Connector (we stock all assembly pieces) (if you choose to add a 2nd knock sensor...calibration supports 1 or 2)

MAP Sensor Connector (2 bar) (we stock all assembly pieces)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Unfortunately the harness work can't be summarized. It's a lot of work to make the harness modifications. We won't even do it. All we're offering is a brand new plug and play harness.
Oh, c'mon now, that is COMPLETE and utter BS... You are in a business to make money and want people to buy your harness, plain and simple...

I have done MANY engine swaps, conversions, etc, etc... It is great you guys make the reluctor, the sensor for it and the cam sensor setup a complete plug-play deal... BUT, to not offer the wiring info to allow someone to splice and make thier own setup is pure and utter greed... Sell a part, but to try to strongarm for the wiring info is stupid...

Honestly, it will just take someone to buy your harness, back-trace the wiring and give an overview of what needs to go where...

That is, unless you have any sort of custom circuitry inside the harness you are selling, and if that *IS* the case, then you should disclose it and/or sell that circuit so people can make thier own harness...

This is FAR from rocket science, and considering the same pins are used on the LT1/LS1 PCMs it is VERY reasonable for someone to have a LS1 harness along with the PCM, coils and maf and jsut swap everything over and repin... IF you have some specific connectors you add for your cam sensor and/or the crank sensor, then great, people can buy them from you...

Also, are you not supposed to be a vendor for the board to sell products like this here??? I mean it isn't an issue if you are offering a cool upgrade and helping others, but it has become painfully obvious that you are here to profiteer on this, not so much to 'help' others, especially considering your holding back the wiring info... Want to sell a product, become a vendor... It's really simple like that...

Lastly, it has been noted your attitude is less than 'helpful' on various posts as you come across quite arrogant, dismissive and in general seem to want to profit, especially in threads like this... Fact of the matter is plenty of people have WAYYY more experience than you, and are quite more mature and wise and view a lot of your 'attitude' as childish, foolish and ignorant... Just because you accomplished something does not make you the oracle of all knowledge... As a possible vendor it would seemlike you are doing yourself a disservice by not being a bit more helpful and agreeable...

Last edited by 95 TA - The Beast; 02-12-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So because they went through the effort to read wiring diagrams and produce their own harness they should just give that information to anyone who wants it? I'm sure it took many hours to figure out. Research and development is what makes most products expensive. Why don't you take the time to figure out the wiring and then share it with everyone.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buzz12586
So because they went through the effort to read wiring diagrams and produce their own harness they should just give that information to anyone who wants it? I'm sure it took many hours to figure out. Research and development is what makes most products expensive. Why don't you take the time to figure out the wiring and then share it with everyone.
Kinda what I was thinking...

Mike has been QUITE helpful in all of this.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
totally disrespectful
Old 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Point blank fact... Is EFI Connection a supporting vendor on LS1Tech???

I did not find them in the vendor list... Thus this kind of marketing is against forum policy... THAT is the issue... Become a vendor, sell a product...

Do NOT come in the LT1 forum and try to sell a product and hold back info WITHOUT being a vendor... very simple...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
Point blank fact... Is EFI Connection a supporting vendor on LS1Tech???

I did not find them in the vendor list... Thus this kind of marketing is against forum policy... THAT is the issue... Become a vendor, sell a product...

Do NOT come in the LT1 forum and try to sell a product and hold back info WITHOUT being a vendor... very simple...
Who else offers a product like this and IS a supporting vendor? Anybody? Untill someone else offers a similar product, I could care less if EFI Connection is a vendor.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

The way i see it is,there are over 200 posts in this thread i am more than certain a few moderators have seen this thread and have no problem with it so why would you come on here an try to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!
vendor or not good product,direct answers to pmd questions. if i did not know any better i would say there is some jealousy or something hell i don't know! can you just chill and respectfully not contaminate this thread with that crap?

Quick Reply: Goodbye Opti! LT1 runs w/ coil packs and LS1 PCM.