Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Six Speeds Inc?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Six Speeds Inc?

I had my Transmission rebuilt by them ahwile back and have tried to reach them, but their website is under construction and the phone number isn't working. Any contact information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:46 PM

They went out of business. There is a huge thread on here about everyone trying to get their money back

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...speed-inc.html
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Well soulds like i am in the same situation as a lot of other people then. Has anyone had any luck with getting anything back?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

where ya been? Find LS1 joe, he's on here
Old 12-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Did you get your unit ? If so , you can pretty much kiss any kind of warranty promised "GOOD BYE" ..........
Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah i got it back. It works perfectly to, no complaints at all. Amber was very nice all the time and had great customer service. I shipped my tranny down there on a tuesady and got it back the following friday, and i live in South Dakota. They never sent me a slave cylinder that i got through them though, and i did pay for it. Oh well though, nothin can be done now.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pepn3385
They never sent me a slave cylinder that i got through them though, and i did pay for it. Oh well though, nothin can be done now.

Just one of the many my friend......
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

A Slave Cyl. is probably on the really cheap end on what's goin on..
Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by the_merv
A Slave Cyl. is probably on the really cheap end on what's goin on..
Without a doubt, but you start adding up slave cylinders and it can get deep there to..... It seems these guys knew no boundaries when it came to ripping people off
Old 12-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Teching In

A slave cylinder from GM is a little over $200. Yeah not alot but it could pay a few bills.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

And these complaints are just from the folks on this board . I bet the losses are a lot larger than that for their customers .......
Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned

i have had nothing but good luck with amber. my **** should be done and ready for pick up the end of this month. i understand that you guys want your **** now. but calm down. if you don't treat them like ****. they wont treat you that way. there company was a LLC. so they are not tied to it. when they went south. that was it. so if they help you out at all. it is cuase they are good people. not cuase Joe and Amber (not t56 business) has to.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned

We'll see how you feel when you start getting the run around . Some of these people have been waiting months . It simply does not take that long to receive parts or transmissions back unless there is a huge problem (with the lack of cash flow).
Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

well i have going to there house to pick it up the end of this month. so i will let you know how it goes.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
well i have going to there house to pick it up the end of this month. so i will let you know how it goes.
good luck with that .....they have screwed a lot of people period which is just wrong, but what are you going to do trust a sponsor at the time and end up get the shaft
Old 12-19-2008, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

i have had nothing but good luck with amber. my **** should be done and ready for pick up the end of this month. i understand that you guys want your **** now. but calm down. if you don't treat them like ****. they wont treat you that way. there company was a LLC. so they are not tied to it. when they went south. that was it. so if they help you out at all. it is cuase they are good people. not cuase Joe and Amber (not t56 business) has to.
I'm not going to start a flame war....I know both Joe and Amber....Great with me as well.....But I have a check I am holding to get reimburssed for..

Mine is just a $175.00....But it is the principal....

As to your comments....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ******* KIDDING ME?...........
What you are saying is that just because I have a LLC. behind me it's ok? Get a clue here...I owned two Franchises and sold them....But in the end, it was my name and reputation that was on the line.....

PLease listen to what I am going to say....If you intentionally go out and **** people(I am not by any means saying that SSI did) and say sorry that was my company and not me, "but hey, guess what? I'm such a greast guy, I'll try and help ya out, not that I have to, it was my company that screwed you not me."

If it is your company and you are the primary customer service rep, and you pretty much deal with all the issues.....

I think that last statement speaks for itself...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

This statement has got to be some kind of joke
Old 12-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Banned

not it wasn't a joke. do you guys not understand how the sytem works.
LLC stand for limited liablity company.

meaning you can only sue the company not the owner.

getsume- your right it is there name on the line. what i am saying is that if joe and amber never open another place. or work for a trany place again. who cares about there name. they go work at sears there name means **** to sears. so joe and amber helping people out is them trying to fix the problems that there company ended with. with name being the only thing on the line. they both could of walked away and said **** you all. but they aint. anyone that isn't being shity to them and letting them do the best they can with the money they are making. they are being helpful with.

either way. you can agree or not. i really don't care. i was just stating about a llc company.

and in my book. Joe and Amber are good people. doing the best they can with what they got.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

As far as I have heard , no one has heard from the mysterious lawyer they have . On top of that , I have not found any listings of LLC for them in Texas .
Old 12-20-2008, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

and in my book. Joe and Amber are good people. doing the best they can with what they got.
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but that doesn't make a lick of sense! "They are doing the best with what they got?" Ummm, they owned that business...so, "what they got", is what they worked for and earned! You're not making any sense there. I did business with their company, and they did have good customer service, and for the most part were good to work with. Someone said, that any warranty they promised is no good now that they're outta business? Didn't they have a 1 year warranty on their rebuilds?

Quick Reply: Six Speeds Inc?