Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Great Customer Service!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Great Customer Service!

I purchased my 98' Z28 last year. The T56 went out the first week I had it too! I took the car to a friend who worked at Scoggin Dickey Service Center and he rebuilt the tranny and installed a Textralia clutch on his own time. I paid for upgraded/new T56 rebuild kit from D&D Perf. (1,753.xx). Four months later the tranny began having issues downshifting so I had the same friend replace the master/slave (457.xx). As of two weeks ago the tranny is out AGAIN. I contacted my friend who said he was swamped and couldn't get to the car. At that point I didn't think my upgraded parts were in there. I sent my tranny from TX. to MI. (D&D), and low and behold they weren't. I was told that my tranny was junk, and they had never seen a year old tranny in that condition (1,600.xx). As of now my new tranny is on the way back, with the old parts for proof in court! If the rest of D&D's crew is anything like Joe, I would name my first born after them! I know they're not a sponsor on this board, but praise and a thank you is deserved!

Last edited by proelky; 01-01-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Clear this up real quick, your friend did this work right and not an actual shop?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like your friend is the problem, no?

Agreed D&D is a great transmission manufacturer w/excellent customer service. Had mine re-built w/D&D parts (their parts were actually used though ) & they had no problem discussing the the re-build w/my local builder & sending him the parts to do so. I understand your "naming the first born" comment when relating to D&D, a great shop.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Sad to say, but yes! He is a the tranny guy at SD Service Center. I've known him for 6 years, and gave him the option to help pay for the tranny and he opted to hang up on me. IMO either help pay for the problem he caused, or end up paying for the 6k that is know invested in the transmission. I will be taking him to court.

Last edited by proelky; 01-01-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Default customer service

I've had my truck serviced at that shop many times and had nothing but great work done. But I guess if you had him doing it on the side, you did ask for paperwork to prove you had him do it, right? Its my understanding from reading your post that he rebuilt the whole transmission or did he put in the parts you got from D&D? When I broke the transmission on my Mustang it was my fault because I didn't buy the car to drive it nice, do you race yours at all?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by STROKERZ71
I've had my truck serviced at that shop many times and had nothing but great work done. But I guess if you had him doing it on the side, you did ask for paperwork to prove you had him do it, right? Its my understanding from reading your post that he rebuilt the whole transmission or did he put in the parts you got from D&D? When I broke the transmission on my Mustang it was my fault because I didn't buy the car to drive it nice, do you race yours at all?
I have all supporting receipts and documents.He did rebuild the entire trans, and did not put the upgraded parts in it that were purchased from D&D. This car was built for daily driving.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by STROKERZ71
New member, with ONE post, asking specific questions...something smells fishy!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Scoggin Dickey did not touch this car and had nothing to do with the transmission rebuild. The issues between Proelky and his builder are not related to SDPC in any way. Neither SDPC nor our dealer service center need to be addressed in this issue whatsoever.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Last edited by Scoggin Dickey; 01-14-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by proelky
I purchased my 98' Z28 last year. The T56 went out the first week I had it too! I took the car to a friend who worked at Scoggin Dickey Service Center and he rebuilt the tranny and installed a Textralia clutch on his own time. I paid for upgraded/new T56 rebuild kit from D&D Perf. (1,753.xx). Four months later the tranny began having issues downshifting so I had the same friend replace the master/slave (457.xx). As of two weeks ago the tranny is out AGAIN. I contacted my friend who said he was swamped and couldn't get to the car. At that point I didn't think my upgraded parts were in there. I sent my tranny from TX. to MI. (D&D), and low and behold they weren't. I was told that my tranny was junk, and they had never seen a year old tranny in that condition (1,600.xx). As of now my new tranny is on the way back, with the old parts for proof in court! If the rest of D&D's crew is anything like Joe, I would name my first born after them! I know they're not a sponsor on this board, but praise and a thank you is deserved!
As previously stated....This does not involve Scoggin Dickey or any of its MANY entities. I stated that the gentlemen in question work there.

Quick Reply: Great Customer Service!