Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Manual Transmission Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Regarding this, I got my beefed up MN12 trans from Six Speeds Inc while my brother rebuilt his on his own with OEM parts. He put Royal Purple in his and I didn't specifically because they told me not to. Long story short, I still lost a blocker ring after not so many miles - most likely due to a disengagement issue - and my brother's has been running strong with him beating the hell out of it power shifting on the street and at the track for almost 20,000 miles. He's also shifts faster than anyone I've ever seen in real life or in a video and his car makes awesome power for the mods.

There is now Royal Purple in my newly rebuilt transmission (rebuilt by my brother and myself).
The jury is still out on why it blew j/k
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The forst owner put RP in my trans. It didnt always shift smooth. I put dextron 3 in it and noticed a big difference imediately.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
The jury is still out on why it blew j/k
Regardless of why it blew, I might as well get the most power out of it possible if it's only gonna last me a year or so at a time.

I'm fairly confident that with the new master and properly disengaging clutch I'll see quite a bit more life out of it this time around. And if not, we've got the tools to rebuild anytime I want in my garage, so I don't really care anymore!

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission Oil