Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Co.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha, well no matter, a week after it blew up, my deployment started. Now I'm just waitin for Eric from Midwest Chassis to get back to me so I can give him my money
Thanks for the kind words though Derrick.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by IWGF
Ha ha, well no matter, a week after it blew up, my deployment started. Now I'm just waitin for Eric from Midwest Chassis to get back to me so I can give him my money
Thanks for the kind words though Derrick.
YOU are the one I should be thanking though, for providing the protection and security for my family and myself. THANK YOU for serving our country...YOU are providing us with what matters most.....Freedom.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gen414
YOU are the one I should be thanking though, for providing the protection and security for my family and myself. THANK YOU for serving our country...YOU are providing us with what matters most.....Freedom.
Ah thanks man. I appreciate it. Too often our actions go unnoticed.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wetVdreams
Steve this is Josh that bought from mike yeagar... i will be giving you a call tomorrow as i have had a lot happen since then :-/
Josh let me know if there is anything I can do for you, shoot me an email at steve@monsterclutch.com if you are having trouble getting a hold of me.

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW

Steve as always you have the best customer service of any clutch company I have seen and if my problem turns out to be in the clutch I have and not in the tune than you will be receiving a call from me
Thanks a ton man, we'll be glad to get you into a Monster!

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Same here.

On the stock hydraulics too, no problems. Getting a good bleed and keeping clean fluid is important.
Indeed, thanks a ton!

Originally Posted by -=Modified=-
Steve I just sent you an email. I believe some of your clutches may have been having the same issues that were shipped last year.
Not at all... this was a very rare, one time issue that occured.

Originally Posted by nocooler
Steve,

just another update.

I made seventeen passes at the track on Sunday - yes 17!

The clutch didn't even flinch - it begged for more. Powershifting it was a breeze.

Jeremy
LOL, 17 passes?!

Well, if that's not proof then I don't know what is...

Originally Posted by miller456
Steve just a quick update for you,

My new clutch is still wrapped in the packaging havent even cut the tape to open them. The clutch hasnt even flinched imagine that. Power shifting has been a little tough lately though, might have to call you bout that LOL j/k man.

On a side note, steve got me taken care of and got the new clutch out to me. I think he's gonna be reaming UPS a new hole though for leaving my clutch in front of the wrong apt. complex for one and two just leaving it sit on the floor in the hallway and not even having to sign for it.
Sarcasm is fun!

Keep me posted man, the UPS rep wasn't happy after the *** chewing I gave them... jackasses.

Originally Posted by charlie c5
I second this 100%. I bought my clutch from Monster directly, and it was installed in Washington State. And when I moved back to Houston TX, I contacted Derrick from Morris Motorsports and Derrick offered to help me in any way he can. He's ABSOLUTLY going above and beyond. He realizes that we're not all experts with this stuff, and takes the time to talk to me making sure I completely understand everything we're doing.. I've built many many many hot rods and race cars, and I've commissioned many of the top mechanics and tuners to help me from all over America, literally. And after dealing with Derrick, I've definitely added him to my arsenal of builders for my next project...

Thanks Derrick "Morris Motorsports" and Steve and the guys from Monster.
Thank you for the post!

Derrick is a great guy!

Originally Posted by 99 black ss sj
Do these clutch need an adjustable master or can you use your stock one? if so what master would you guys suggest thanks
Not at all!

Originally Posted by NemeSS
i will have derrick rebuild my t56 and i will move up a monster for next clutch.
my spec started slipping bad and im sure contributed to the damage caused to my t56
Sounds good.

Steve- I bought my Lvl 3 clutch and flywheel from you in Feb. I put about 500 miles on it in 3 days, loved it.
Made 4 or 5 passes on it at the track in march, clutch didn't even flinch, and then my rear decided it didn't like the clutch. So we'll see how it holds up on the new setup after my deployment is over.
Be safe out there!

Let me know how it holds up, if it's not a 12 bolt, S60, or 9 inch you'll be doing this again.

Originally Posted by Gen414
Not that I am Steve (well, some may argue that ) I am glad you are enjoying your clutch, even though your rear end is bye bye...
LOL, you crack me up man.

Ah thanks man. I appreciate it. Too often our actions go unnoticed.
Indeed it does and that is b.s.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't worry Steve, I'm going with a hella beefy 9"!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
FormerVendor

Don't worry Steve, I'm going with a hella beefy 9"!
Good deal, you won't have any issues in that department anymore!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Shot in the dark here but have you ever had any of your customers use your clutches for drifting in 240sx swaps? Trying to find a new clutch for my car but everyone's info seems to be more geared towards drag racing (which I'm more accustomed to as well) but I need to hear some feed back on what people are using/experiencing in drift style driving.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mr Munky
Shot in the dark here but have you ever had any of your customers use your clutches for drifting in 240sx swaps? Trying to find a new clutch for my car but everyone's info seems to be more geared towards drag racing (which I'm more accustomed to as well) but I need to hear some feed back on what people are using/experiencing in drift style driving.
Absolutely!

We've got four units in vehicles that drift on a regular basis. Give me a call and we'll go over some info!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

Back to the original topic of this thread, all of the defective units are taken care of. Thank you all for your patience in this matter!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mr Munky

yes, in fact, if you look on my website, under photo gallery, there is a Nissan 240 that has a Monster Clutch I sold hiim in it, and he does drifting with it..
Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the responses. I'll be in touch once all the wiring gremlins are sorted out.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Co.