Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal sticking. Yes I read. Unique problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal sticking. Yes I read. Unique problem.

Alright. Everything I've read about says the clutch pedal sticks when shifting at high RPM. Mine isn't doing that. Mine is sticking when stopped at a light. I hold the clutch in and when I go to take off, its like pressure has bled off and the clutch engages really, really low. Like less than a 1/4 inch of movement. If you try to push the clutch straight back in and hold it, it eventually bleeds all pressure off. So you can have the clutch all the way on the floor but the car is driving like its not being pushed at all. I have a stock master right now. I thought it was air in the line because the reservoir is not leaking down. However, I've tried everything to bleed it. Even rented a mityvac. Nothing is helping. I noticed it do it a few times last week, each time having to pull the pedal off the floor with my toe. But only like 3 times all week did it do it. Now it does it everytime I stop at a traffic light. Please help. I have a tick master sitting in the trunk now. I'm going to try tomorrow to put that in and hope that fixes it. Please someone has to know what the problem is. I hope its not the slave. The guy I bought this trans from said he just replaced the damn thing. Thanks for all help.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check to see if anything is leaking from the bellhousing, if not then I'd bet the master cylinder is bypassing internally, if there is a leak then fix it.

Tick's master is outstanding! If it's a slave give us a call and I'll get you one with a 12 month warranty for $70.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Launching!

I haven't anything coming from bellhousing. What do you mean by bypassing internally?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98ZEMT
I haven't anything coming from bellhousing. What do you mean by bypassing internally?
If the seal inside the master starts to fail it will "bypass" fluid into the "front" of the chamber. What this does is bleed off pressure and will not allow fluid to reach the slave under pressure.

If you don't have any leaks then the Tick should fix your problem.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Alright. Awesome. Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Ok. I thought I fixed it just now. I noticed the bleeder on the end of my tick remote bleeder line was leaking a bit. So I replaced it with a new one. It worked great for about 30 minutes. Now its starting to stick again. WTF??????
Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Ok. I thought I fixed it just now. I noticed the bleeder on the end of my tick remote bleeder line was leaking a bit. So I replaced it with a new one. It worked great for about 30 minutes. Now its starting to stick again. WTF??????
I am going throught the same thing. I had a little creep, and had the clutch fluid changed (it was black!) After the fluid change, i started getting your symptoms. STicking to the floor, usually at a light, and friction point about a 16th of an inch from the floor.
I read so much on here, my eyes hurt. I am going with a dual friction centerforce clutch and all the fixins. I am also doing the drill out. I have a video on you tube of a fly-by and you can here the clutch slip caused by GMs little trick. I know I don't slip the clutch, but now know that the clutch was not going as fast as I was. Listen to the shift, it sounds like I am too quick with the throttle. GMs little restrictor trick, slows the actual engagement of the clutch enough to make it slip as I quick shift and apply the throttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTcqugfqJ4

If this new clutch does not solve the problem, I am going to be really frustrated, becasue it did not do that until we changed the fluid.

John
Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Ok. I just changed out the master for the tick master. Damn. That clutch is heavy now. But no more sticking to the floor. I'll give it a few days to see how it goes. I'll report back.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Might I add that is a bad *** car you have there sir.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Ok. I just changed out the master for the tick master. Damn. That clutch is heavy now. But no more sticking to the floor. I'll give it a few days to see how it goes. I'll report back.
The Tick mc will make the pedal a bit stiffer, but, it works!

Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal sticking. Yes I read. Unique problem.