Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal not returning sometimes..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal not returning sometimes..

New clutch pressure plate flywheel slave cyl master cyl. Clutch works fine until you try to run it hard and shift fast, then it sticks in the middle sometimes not all the time. but you can reach down or pull it back with your foot and it works fine any suggestions.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

air in system. bleed, bleed again, and when you think you're done bleeding bleed it again.

does it go into 1st and reverse easily? and in 1st with the clutch pushed in does the car lurch at all revving to 5k?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

does just fine normal drive and even getting into pretty good, but when you get into it and try to speed shift does fine first to second and then second to third it sometimes(not all the time) springs back only halfway
Old 01-17-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

I had a similar problem, but during normal driving. I bled the system, and it continued to happen. Eventually the problem turned out to be my master cylinder.
-Joel
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

what kind of clutch is it? stock masters are blehh, even after I bled and bled (which is the issue 90% of the time) I ended up having to go to a tick master. since yours is brand new though I'd keep bleeding it before you buy anything else.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

TICK

That's all I have to say
Old 01-18-2011, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you cant get it to work I wouldnt even mess with a drill mod, I'd just order the Tick unit & never look back.

I just rebled mine this weekend & put the most vacuum on it I ever have with a mityvac (22hg) well above every single write-up suggestion. I was able to completely bleed out all the old fluid & get fresh flushed into the system. I did not follow the typical instructions though, LOL. I took a chance on my high mileage master & figured if I messed it up oh well, I'll order the Tick unit. Once I got it set-up with the vacuum on it & resivoir empty I refilled with fresh fluid & then instead of letting the vacuum off which allows the dirty fluid to suck down into the system, I simple broke the vacuum by pullin the nozzle out quickly & letting it suck the dirty fluid into the catch cup on the mityvac. I did this several times & made sure to pump the hell out of the pedal as I did this. Eventually it started sucking clean fluid out so on my final bleed i had my wife push the clutch pedal to the floor & hold it there, filled the resivoir to the top & popped the suction. Then pulled the pedal back out & it sucked the resivoir almost empty, topped it off, put the cap on & its smoother than its ever been now.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

It goes first to second and then when you let out to go to third it only comes up halfway. I'll bleed the system real good and see what happens. I've heard dot 4 is better to use as it has a higher boiling point then dot 3.
I didnt put the new master, slave, clutch,pressure plate in.. it was put in 5000 miles ago by the last owner

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal not returning sometimes..