TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast on a diamond clutch

looking mainly at the stage 2 but results from any would be helpful thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Just do some searches here and on Google and a TON of feedback will come up. I'm running a special on the Stg2 basic for $369 shipped to your door. Or the complete kit w/ slave and billet flywheel is $320 more, so 689 shipped
Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i saw, thats why i put this up. how long this go for. i searched but didn't really see numbers, alot of praises though

Last edited by ssdeuce74; 11-17-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

Jason I am down to two choices your stg2 or a monster stg2 I have looked at, it seems like a million threads on the monster having alot of chatter. I am not here to bash any product as I have not made my choice yet as to what route to go. My last ws6 had a competition clutch stage 4 clutch and I loved it. But I cant seem to get anyone to chime in on your stage2. Any input as to chatter issues? what is the estimated mileage for this clutch to last? Any input from you on this would be greatly appriciated
Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah me too i searched e4-5 pages and all praising the clutched but no real data and times. i know someone with a vette went 11.00 with the stage 2 thats all i found.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00ws6indubv
Jason I am down to two choices your stg2 or a monster stg2 I have looked at, it seems like a million threads on the monster having alot of chatter. I am not here to bash any product as I have not made my choice yet as to what route to go. My last ws6 had a competition clutch stage 4 clutch and I loved it. But I cant seem to get anyone to chime in on your stage2. Any input as to chatter issues? what is the estimated mileage for this clutch to last? Any input from you on this would be greatly appriciated
I just ordered a Diamond stage 2 after going with Monster in the past, had too many issues with Monsters units. They have great customer service, but so does Jason at TDP. I did a lot of reading and searching and found ZERO negative comments on the Diamond. There's your answer right there. Will post reactions once I get it installed.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

yea def keep us posted. but i believe i am gonna go ahead and order my stage 2 tomorrow from jason as well. but it may be feb before i get it installed.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No times as mine is not a track car but I have his stage 2 and it's got a very nice feel to it. Slightly firmer pedal than stock and haven't had any chatter with it. I did about 3 months of research before I made a decision and am happy with my choice. FYI For those who have orded it, he does not use alignment dowels with his clutches.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to address a few things.

Our Level 2 has gone 10.99 on a 1.49 60ft, we've had a couple of threads about people having chatter issues, most of those was due to installation errors and we still warrantied them and took care of folks. There are literally hundreds of positive threads about Monster Clutches, just do a little more research.

Sorry for the hijack, just didn't want mis-information to be posted.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Monster never took care of me when i had problems with my St2 Just gave me the runaround
Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didnt really make any power with my diamond stage 2... just a bolt on car, but i can say that the drivability was very good and never gave me a chatter.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman427
Monster never took care of me when i had problems with my St2 Just gave me the runaround
Donny I never got any pictures from you nor did you ever send me the unit back for inspection. You say I gave you the run-around but I've still not had the opportunity to make it right or even see the clutch for that matter...

The last I talked to you your recommendation was for me to send you an entire clutch for free so you can pull the unit out of your car and pick from the new parts to replace the old ones you thought were defective... that's not how it works. When I told you in order to get this done you would have to pay for the clutch first before it was shipped you said you were going to buy a TDP because you didn't have the funds... this didn't make sense then and doesn't now. If you were to pay for the replacement unit you would have gotten that money refunded when the old unit arrived. If there was an issue with the clutch we would gladly take care of you, and even though you just bumped a 2 year old thread with mis-information I'm still willing to take care of you if you send pictures, etc. via email to steve@monsterclutches.com. Once we deem the clutch to be defective you will be sent a replacement unit at our cost.

Quick Reply: How fast on a diamond clutch