Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed a Monster Stage 2 and Tick master today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I adjusted the master cylinder like Martin@Tick suggested and it fixed the problem for a short while. About half way through the drive I had the same issue shifting into first at a stoplight. I am hesitant to further adjust the master cylinder push rod for fear of over-extending the pressure plate. Any ideas?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reinhardt02
I adjusted the master cylinder like Martin@Tick suggested and it fixed the problem for a short while. About half way through the drive I had the same issue shifting into first at a stoplight. I am hesitant to further adjust the master cylinder push rod for fear of over-extending the pressure plate. Any ideas?
Bleed the system more, it sounds like you have air in the system.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Bleed the system more, it sounds like you have air in the system.
I have to lean towards what Steve is saying here.

I can't quite remember, but did I suggest bleeding from the master cylinder itself and then bleeding from the slave cylinder?
If I did and you haven't yet, try that. If I didn't try it like that anyways
Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Launching!

You didn't previously suggest bleeding the master itself. How do you do that?
Old 09-01-2012, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by reinhardt02
You didn't previously suggest bleeding the master itself. How do you do that?
Unhook the line from the master to the slave at the slave cylinder.

There is a check valve inside the brass/gold colored fitting at the end of the line.

While sitting in the drivers seat with your foot on the clutch pedal(it will be rock solid when the line is unhooked) and have them press the check valve in while you simultaneously press down on the clutch pedal holding it to the floor while they keep the check valve pressed. Once the amount of fluid that has come out with the first pump have them let off the check valve(use a screw driver or pen) count to 3 and let off the clutch pedal. Repeat this process until the fluid reservoir is empty and repeat once more.

Bleeding from the master ensures that you get all air that can get trapped in the cylinder itself out and from the line to the slave.

Bleeding from the master first will also make the amount of time you spend bleeding from the slave considerably shorter.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Thanks Martin. I will have to do that soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

SNL installed a Monster Level 2 clutch on my stock 2000 Camaro SS a few weeks ago. I also noticed the short clutch pedal travel engagement of the new Monster clutch over the stock clutch that was removed. Called SNL and Steve confirmed that the short pedal travel to clutch engagement is normal. Never had a performance clutch so am used to a longer clutch pedal travel distance from the floor before the clutch engages so it is taking a little time to get used to it. I have experienced some minor chatter but nothing bad. I have been breaking the clutch in with just normal daily commuter driving from work to home so I haven't had a chance to do any kind of aggressive launches or shifting. So far, I like this Monster Level 2 clutch.

Quick Reply: Installed a Monster Stage 2 and Tick master today.