Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

DYNO DISASTER DAY CLIP... faulty pinion yoke

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO DISASTER DAY CLIP... faulty pinion yoke

Due to a faulty pinion yoke, what should have been a great day at the dyno turned into a nightmare. That driveshaft kicked out on the 3rd pull, as a result my t56 output shaft was bent, driveshaft twisted, new exhaust system bent and my tunnel was mangled. I show this clip to my new ls family not to take short when building your ride, esp when it comes to the moving parts. The good news is the chevelle is back and better, but for the money it cost and time I lost I should of listen to my gut and got a new yoke. I was going to go with a new yoke but a so called drivetrain expert told me the 40 year old yoke was good to used. Hmmmm lesson learned, hey its better it happened at the dyno than on the road or at Englishtown.. count your blessing every day…

check out the clip,, let me know what you think. thanks

***Video removed***

Last edited by MeentSS02; 02-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like non-sponsored advertising to me...
Old 02-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Teching In

good thing everyone who watches my clips doesnt share your opinion.. most see my clips as they are intended, to let people know about products that are out there that they might not of considered, to help encourage someone who might be on the fence to attempt an ls install and most importantly, when i find a product that i truly believe in i have no problem making a clip and letting my ls installing buds know. hopefully it will make their install easier and save money at the same time. judging from my record and the emails i get, people like what i do.. so if you left your comment because you didnt understand my reasoning i hope this clears it up, but if you left your comment trying to be funny, well i think theres better ways you could spend your time on this site than to critique someone who's trying to help ls installs seem not so intimidating... BTW nice Mav....

Last edited by coverman66; 02-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have a good message, I'm just not sure how long the mods will let you get by with the way it's delivered.

My response... I had just watched the clip in this thread, where you are "selling" a product and saw here in this thread, the same person in the same environment. I was expecting a dyno carnage vid, but when I saw the opening scene, I started fast-forwarding through the clip and completely missed the 3 seconds of the actual dyno "event". Apologies if I came across a little jaded, I was expecting something else. And thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Teching In

heeeeey its all good Russ, too bad the the repairs after that dyno day didnt take 3 seconds lol. to post the entire clip, would be tooo painful.. thanks again
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
You have a good message, I'm just not sure how long the mods will let you get by with the way it's delivered.

My response... I had just watched the clip in this thread, where you are "selling" a product and saw here in this thread, the same person in the same environment. I was expecting a dyno carnage vid, but when I saw the opening scene, I started fast-forwarding through the clip and completely missed the 3 seconds of the actual dyno "event". Apologies if I came across a little jaded, I was expecting something else. And thanks for the compliment!
I had this EXACT same thing happen to me on the dyno, the yoke on the rear end of my stock 10 bolt twisted apart at the peak of the 4th pull. Dinged my exhaust, knocked up my tunnel, destroyed the bellhousing, ruined the driveshaft, dented the torque arm, even ripped out my e-brake cables! As far as I could tell, my T56 magnum survived, same with the Monster clutch.

My solution was just to get an S60 and replace everything that was ripped apart. Included a chromoly driveshaft in my purchase from Carl at CRP. There, shameless advertising

The OP's message is still valid, don't skimp on the drivetrain.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Teching In

amen brotha... nice ride. always have a spot in my heart for camaros...
Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
For right now, I'm not, but I've asked some of the other mods for opinions as to whether or not this is a dick move on my part, so this thread might get unlocked.

The videos are very well done, but advertising for companies that aren't sponsors is generally frowned upon.

Quick Reply: DYNO DISASTER DAY CLIP... faulty pinion yoke