Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master won't move any fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tick master won't move any fluid?

Just got it in today, install went...ok. After a lot of cussing it finally slid into place. Anyway's, went to bleed it and nothing. Reservoir is filled up, but I can't get it to move any fluid? I cracked the bleeder and pumped the **** out of the pedal, but still nothing. Reservoir fluid didn't drop at all. I did this for about 20 minutes before I said the hell with it and came in for the night.

I did notice before I installed it that I could pump the clutch rod with hardly any resistance by hand. With the stock master I couldn't even budge it.

Is there something wrong with the master, or is there something I'm missing? No, I didn't bench bleed it either
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Did you bench bleed the master before you installed it? Theres probably nothing wrong with it, you just have a ton of air trapped in the system. Oh and unless you have a speed bleeder with a one way valve installed, you can't just open the bleeder and start pumping away. The bleeder has to be shut when you release the pedal, otherwise you'll be pulling air into the system through the bleeder.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Launching!

I didn't bench bleed it, and I do have a speed bleeder. I will go out there tonight and try bench bleeding it and see if that does anything.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

definitely bench bleed it as it will save a lot of time. you could also rent a mighty vac to help pull the majority of the air out first then after that finish it off with a traditional bleed method
Old 05-16-2013, 07:33 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

No need to bench bleed. At all. That's a waste of time.

I had this exact issue, and i described it in the Sticky at the top of this page.

Take the nipple on the end of the speed bleeder OFF. Stick that end in a jar or cup with DOT4 or whatever fluid your using. By hand, pump the **** out of it. Every 15 strokes or so, check the reservoir in the master, and add as needed. Your clutch pedal should be adjusted level with the brake during all this.

In a minute or two you'll get a pedal. When you do, put the nipple back on the end of the speed bleeder. Torque it. Now back it off 1/4 turn, or until it'll spew fluid out when you bleed.

The rest is in the post I made in the sticky.

Don't waste your time bench bleeding.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Launching!

sounds easy enough, but what if the speed bleeder didnt exist? how would you go about it then? just curious
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I would disconnect the MC line from the slave, make sure reservoir was full and use a small screw driver to push in the plunger, have a buddy slowly push in the clutch and hold, shut the plunger and have them release the clutch and repeat until the air is out and you just have fluid coming out, then reconnect to slave...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Got it all worked out, and it feels awsome now. Thanks guys
Old 05-17-2013, 05:34 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well... Tell us what you did! We took all the time to answer and help. At least let us know what worked and what you did!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Unhooked the line from the slave. Ran it up into the car, pumped the pedal about 5 times, and then pushed in on plunger. A **** ton of air came out. It kind of startled me for a second because I wasn't expecting it. Then just kept doing that until I couldn't push the pedal down anymore. Hooked the MC line back up, and bled it. Had it fully bled in about 30 minutes by myself. Worked like a charm
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL@Dave.

Quick Reply: Tick master won't move any fluid?