Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch install a4 to m6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch install a4 to m6 swap

just installed a new monster level 3 and tick perf. master kit,in my 98z, man this is the ticket.1200 rpms at 60 with 411s,thats cool.still breaking in my clutch so im not surehow its gonna launch but i cant wait.master bled out in 15 min. a+++ for monster and tick perf,thanks for great parts.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You get your ECM flashed yet? Mine reds about half of wht I'm going
Old 03-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Teching In

not yet i have an appt. for the 9th to change it from auto to manual and set the speed. 60 mph or so reads about 28 on the speedo,wonder why its so far off?still have to get my reverse lockout,light,tied in.already wired in my neutral saftey, and hatch wires,pretty easy swap. think it would be harder going manual to auto. it seems to idle a little funny at times then settle down normal,hope that the ecm will fix that. thanks
Old 03-30-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

My car actually idles better now that it is auto, though I had a vacuum leak at the throttle body.

I changed engine harnesses soy reverse lights aren't working yet. Yeah everything was simple just straight foreward
Old 04-01-2014, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to track times, glad it went smoothly and thanks again for choosing a Monster!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Looking forward to track times, glad it went smoothly and thanks again for choosing a Monster!
Quick question, my throw out bearing is squeaking. It goes away when the clutch is depressed. I just finished the install last week, can I wait to pull it again, I do not believe they sell the 2 pieces separate anymore so I would have to replace the old slave anyways
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28 bullet
not yet i have an appt. for the 9th to change it from auto to manual and set the speed. 60 mph or so reads about 28 on the speedo,wonder why its so far off?still have to get my reverse lockout,light,tied in.already wired in my neutral saftey, and hatch wires,pretty easy swap. think it would be harder going manual to auto. it seems to idle a little funny at times then settle down normal,hope that the ecm will fix that. thanks
The e is far off because the t56 uses a different reluctor wheel that has a different amount of teeth. The pcm still looks for the auto one, when the segment swap is done it will read correctly. Also the idle thing may or may not resolve itself the throttle cracker and follower settings are different in a manual so that could be whats causing the issues.

Also remember if you have a 99-up cruise control will not work without all 4 wires on the clutch position switch wired in to their respective locations. 98 you're ok with just wiring it in series to the brake pedal
Old 04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redbird555
The e is far off because the t56 uses a different reluctor wheel that has a different amount of teeth. The pcm still looks for the auto one, when the segment swap is done it will read correctly. Also the idle thing may or may not resolve itself the throttle cracker and follower settings are different in a manual so that could be whats causing the issues.

Also remember if you have a 99-up cruise control will not work without all 4 wires on the clutch position switch wired in to their respective locations. 98 you're ok with just wiring it in series to the brake pedal
I have a 98 and wired the depression switches in line however the cruise does not work. I believe it still needs to be flashed in order to work. The car is throwing 26 codes right Now all for transmission mostly pressure and clutch gears.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Quick question, my throw out bearing is squeaking. It goes away when the clutch is depressed. I just finished the install last week, can I wait to pull it again, I do not believe they sell the 2 pieces separate anymore so I would have to replace the old slave anyways
We sell the release bearing separately, but it comes in the basic kit...did it not get swapped on?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the info guys,im looking foward to some track times also.hope i can drive it!almost have the clutch broke in,going to have to lay into it soon!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
We sell the release bearing separately, but it comes in the basic kit...did it not get swapped on?
Yeah my slave and throw out bearing were sitting on a shelf in my garage for two years. They are installed however I hear squeaking unless I depress the clutch
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Yeah my slave and throw out bearing were sitting on a shelf in my garage for two years. They are installed however I hear squeaking unless I depress the clutch
Sounds like the release bearing may be making some noise from sitting so long, I'd run it for a while and see if it doesn't get better with grease getting distributed hopefully.

Quick Reply: new clutch install a4 to m6 swap