Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Aftermarket T56 gears

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 98znasty
I got an aftermarket input shaft from Hawks and it worked but was very noisy ended up having my old one fixed and put it back in. I will not run any aftermarket hard parts in this t56 ever again
I've got 1 and it was noisy with mobile 1, but I switched to synchromesh and it's significantly quieter.

Originally Posted by AMP-D
Sorry to hear that. I believe they sell the Korean made input shaft and we've heard a lot of complaints about it making noise.
My shady korean input shaft was loud. My 2nd gear from you, silent.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I've got 1 and it was noisy with mobile 1, but I switched to synchromesh and it's significantly quieter.

My shady korean input shaft was loud. My 2nd gear from you, silent.

Anytime you mix new with used gears, there's a chance of noisy operation but the Korean supplied gears tend to run noisy in general. Our stuff is throughly tested before it goes into production. We typically send 2-3 samples to our biggest builders for testing along with testing in house to compare results. Once we are satisfied with the results, the product goes into production. FWIW, we've scrapped a few projects because we weren't satisfied with the results of the product.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anytime you mix new with used gears, there's a chance of noisy operation but the Korean supplied gears tend to run noisy in general. Our stuff is throughly tested before it goes into production. We typically send 2-3 samples to our biggest builders for testing along with testing in house to compare results. Once we are satisfied with the results, the product goes into production. FWIW, we've scrapped a few projects because we weren't satisfied with the results of the product.
Yeah, I ended up with almost all new hard parts, mainshaft, input shaft, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, reverse and the cluster gear. In retrospect I should have gone magnum, but I'm happy with what I got from you at least.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left is our brand new Viper spec input shaft with longer splines for twin disc applications and a increased shaft similar to the TR6060 and Viper T56.

Right is a stock Ls1 T56 input shaft.
If wanting to run twin discs, will a stock input shaft work, or are the longer splines necessary?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Has anyone tried the AMP input shafts yet?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd71
Sold a ton of them. PM me if you have any concerns or questions.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd71
Yes I'm using there viper spec. Input shaft. Very pleased with it. I also ordered a new bearing and race which to my suprise already came pressed on. 4th gear (input shaft) quiet as can be. Great product.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket T56 gears