Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your textralia clutch?
Yes
74.42%
No
25.58%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Textralia poll are you happy with it..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
Go to a Spec clutch. You'll be MUCH happier. I left the spec crowd for the "holy grail" textralia and it was the worst clutch move I ever made.
I'll never own a spec clutch EVER. Both of my buddies who had a clutch blow up on them were running spec 3+ in their vettes. Looked like a pipe bomb went off under the car. Both total losses.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
I'll never own a spec clutch EVER. Both of my buddies who had a clutch blow up on them were running spec 3+ in their vettes. Looked like a pipe bomb went off under the car. Both total losses.
Holy **** !!! That is scary - and a reason why I want to get an SFI bellhousing. What kinda combos were those vettes throwing at the spec 3+s, alot of miles?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99TransAmLS16Spd
Holy **** !!! That is scary - and a reason why I want to get an SFI bellhousing. What kinda combos were those vettes throwing at the spec 3+s, alot of miles?
no thats the wierd thing both were well under the holding capacity of the clutch and neither had a lot of miles on them. One car was a bolt on C6 and the other was a h/c bolton c5 FRC. Both of which I got to know through the street scene down in southflorida. both clutches were installed by the guy with the C5 his name is actually V-seriestech on here. Hes a GM tech (maybe master tech I'm not sure) and spec turned around and said he installed them wrong. So although I know lots have had sucess including the tuner who does all the work on my car.. I personally refuse to run one
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5

Did either buddy have them balanced? Be honest about the question before answering (or don't answer at all, but please ask yourself).

I can put any amount of money on it I've been harder on Spec clutches then you or your two vette buddies, as the vette driveline cannot handle it
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
Did either buddy have them balanced? Be honest about the question before answering (or don't answer at all, but please ask yourself).

I can put any amount of money on it I've been harder on Spec clutches then you or your two vette buddies, as the vette driveline cannot handle it
The honest answer is I dont know. All I know is the guy who installed them installed other clutches in other cars making similar or more power and both the spec 3+s blew and none of the other clutches had issues.

Like I said my personal tuner used almost entirely only spec clutches on his personal car as well as his customers cars untill the monster clutches hit the market and hes the only guy I let work on my car so I'm not saying they are all bad. I am just saying I have seen some very bad spec clutches and their customer service after the fact sucked. Thats enough for me to spend my money elsewhere.

Btw to update my status. I beat up the clutch for the first time last night at the track and I think I wore a high spot down or something cause now the clutch engages higher and I didnt miss a gear all night. Looks like this clutch just likes getting its *** kicked before it really performs well. So things are lookin up. That was my only real gripe with it. Like I said street manners with the xgrip are VERY good and it held fine last night although I'm still not really pushing it yet. I might end up trading someone for their z grip though because I'm doing more and more track rather than street.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never had a Tex clutch, nor do I ever plan on owning one, but:

A friend of mine with a C5 Coupe had installed a Tex OZ700. After about 35 passes the car began to get a strange vibration and knocking sound.

He took the whole car apart thinking it was an engine problem.

He found that the preasure plate was coming apart. Completly pealed away from the bolt holding it to the flywheel with the bolt still firmly in the flywheel.

He sent a lot of e-mails to Tex hopeing they would solve the problem, they continued to claim it was because the bolt backed out. When he finaly sent them a picture of the bolt still clearly in the pressure plate, they stoped responding and completly ignore him.

I guess when they are shown to be wrong, they drop off the map and ignore the customer who gave them a lot of money for what seems to be a POS clutch.

Shame on Tex for such sh*tty customer service.

My friend has since gotten a Monster clutch.

Quick Reply: Textralia poll are you happy with it..