Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Sorry, don't know how to search for this one....

Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sorry, don't know how to search for this one....

Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't know any keywords I can use to search for this question.

Anyways, what would cause a clutch to work perfectly for a 10 min, and then pretty rapidly go to ****, so much so that the clutch doesn't disengauge and you have to rip it out of gear? Is it heat, new air getting introduced into the system from a leak, or something along that lines?

[History]
I had a problem a week or so back where my clutch wasn't disengaging and I had all the obvious signs (creeping forward with pedal down, nearly impossible to shift or get into gear, etc.). The clutch was a brand new Textralia, and the slave was brand new GM. I thought there was air in my system so I bled and bled and bled and bled, but the problem kept getting worse.

Finally ordered a new master and put it in two days ago. At first everything worked fine, but I had a problem with an air leak due to a loose Clutch Res -> Master fitting. I tore everything out, and fixed the leak with a worm clamp, bench bleeding everything to death in the process.

I put the system back in, adjusted the master so the pedal is about an inch above the brake (I know it's supposed to be even but I wanted to try), and they system worked AWESOME. Better than it's ever shifted before. The only problem is it started to get a little hard to shift again after I few minutes. I did a 1-4 WOT pass, and the system was again a little hard to shift afterwards, but I wasn't too surprised. Anyways, i'm driving home and then it starts to get really really bad, where I can't even get the clutch to disengage without ripping it out of gear. Then I'm sitting at a stop and my car starts overheating.

I hightailed it back home stuck in first, and Mity-Vac'ed my system. I couldn't even get a microbubble out of the system. The fluid was barely warm to the touch, and still clear. I got up this morning and tried to vac the system again, I only got one bubble the size of an M&M. I checked my coolant level and it's actually above the recommended "cold" mark, so that should be good as well. Any thoughts on what might cause this?

P.S. Phoenix Injectors is located right next to me, I was thinking of swinging by and picking up one of their RFI tools a while ago, but do you think it'd be worth a shot this time?

[/History]
Old 11-04-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

please someone tell me I didn't overextend my slave...
Old 11-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Launching!

I have this problem as well. I recently even had a GM master tech who really knows his **** and works on FBodies all the time reinstall a brand new slave and bench bleed the **** out of my Mcleod master. Worked for a few weeks and now seems like not disengaging the Textralia.
I wonder if it is the pressure plate?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

I sure as hell hope not. I know Textralia recommends you stick with the stock master, so maybe this is why I should listen more. Assuming it's not, I guess I'm going to have to buy an entirely new hydraulic assembly and install it because I've done everything I possibly know how to do, to every part of the system and it's still not working.

I reeeeaaalllllyyyy don't want to install a new slave though
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if your hydraulics are fucked, you should never have to rip it out of gear. Add just enough gas so the car is not accelerating or decelerating so there's no torque going through the transmission, and you can just slip it out of gear without the clutch.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zeus
please someone tell me I didn't overextend my slave...

Zeus please check your pm.... Regards Jeff

Last edited by Textralia; 11-09-2005 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

How can you over extend your slave?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Default Please, need your help!

Originally Posted by Textralia
Ive been researching all around the net for help. I also have similer issues as Zeus but to be more specific I own a 00 Camaro with a 408 LS1 built by HPE dynoed at 480 to the wheels. It has a built tranny (stell forks, ect..) a Mcloed master, new slave and a Textralia clutch . The tranny has been checked and found to be in great shape but the clutch sticks on wot and forget about trying to power shift! Any ideas? thanks! Leo
Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Leo Check your pm's Jeff
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Textralia
I guess I didn't make this clear in my original post, but my problem has nothing to do with my Textralia clutch. When I did get the hydraluics to work for that short period of time, I couldn't get my clutch to slip, even on nitrous or while in 6th gear.

I don't want to make it seem like my clutch is the root of my problems.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gun5l1ng3r
How can you over extend your slave?
I don't really know the dynamics of it, but I've read in several places that it's a possibilty. I guess if you apply too much pressure to it something has to give.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zeus
I guess I didn't make this clear in my original post, but my problem has nothing to do with my Textralia clutch. When I did get the hydraluics to work for that short period of time, I couldn't get my clutch to slip, even on nitrous or while in 6th gear.

I don't want to make it seem like my clutch is the root of my problems.

Zeus I know that the Textralia clutch is not your problem,but Pete is more than willing to help you with your hydraulic problem. Please call him at the number I gave you. He's there to help you.

Regards Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sorry, don't know how to search for this one....