Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP needed! i want ls7 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HELP needed! i want ls7 clutch

what all will i need? slave? if so what slave to get?,ls2 flywheel,ls7 kit? than i am getting this as soon is i find out what all i need!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were a couple of posts on this and haven't seen anything lately.I am seriously thinking between textralia and the ls7.LS7 seems like it should have light pedal pressure,no chatter and should be good for 500 plus hp as of course the new z06 has this much power almost rear wheel.
I know the textalia can take big power but not sure want to live with any more chatter and hearing some guys say they have some still with it.
Anyway off subject. I appears you use your standard master and slave and just need the ls7 pressure plate,clutch disc and ls2 flywheel since don't think any aftermarket companies like fidanza make ls2 flywheels just yet but would expect them to shortly.
So all that should be needed is the part numbers for the ls7 pressure plate and disc and ls2 flywheel.
I would also like to hear from anyone running one of these and how it is standing up to a some track use with big power mods.
The old z06 is known for super light pedal pressure and no chatter but read about lots of guys frying it under track use.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LS7 clutch in my car. Not running big power, just bolt ons.

Clutch feels like stock, and is very smooth, no chatter at all. Much smoother than my stock LS1 setup was. Haven't beat it yet as I'm also breaking in a new set of 4.10s.

I installed LS2 Flywheel, LS7 Clutch disc and pressure plate, 04 Z06 slave, and remote bleeder.

Clutch goes in fine, although I had to loosen the bell housing.

Fred Beans sells it all except the bleeder. Was $625 to my door.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Unstressed, did you install it in a C5 or an f-body? Is the remote bleeder the one from Carolina Clutch or something else? Does it (the bleeder) need to be modified to work on an f-body?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im with SGARNETT..... C5 or Fbod?

Did you have to do any modifications to any of the clutch pedal assembly to get it to work? $600 is steep for clutch, but well worth it for one that will hold power, engage/disengage like a stocker, be relatively quiet, and doesnt suffer from some of the problems people are seeing with aftermarket clutches.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sgarnett
Unstressed, did you install it in a C5 or an f-body? Is the remote bleeder the one from Carolina Clutch or something else? Does it (the bleeder) need to be modified to work on an f-body?
C5.

Got the bleeder from LAPD, but if you go to Industrial Liquidators, or anyone that sells Earls fittings you can make it for $25 or less. It's just a fitting into the slave, a 2' braided hose, and another fitting on the end to hold a bleeder fitting.

Sorry, don't know squat about F-bodies.

$600 includes the disc, PP and LS2 flywheel.

LS7 Clutch rocks though, smooth as glass and grips like a $2000 hooker. Not even a hint of chatter.

Last edited by unstressed; 11-17-2005 at 12:18 AM. Reason: add content
Old 11-17-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

You must use the vette ls2 flywheel as I understand.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unstressed
Got the bleeder from LAPD
What is LAPD (besides California cops )?