Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

fedup, pissed off, frustrated!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fedup, pissed off, frustrated!

with bleeding the damn hydraulics of the clutch, i must be a damn idiot but i CANNOT get the air out of the line!!! i've bench bled, tried every method of bleeding possible from mityvac to a;lskdjgh fl;akjfesh;agdsh peqv imogf!!!!!

i've been back and forth EVERYDAY to the auto hobby shop tring to figure this **** out, basically i gave up after today, im taking it to the GM dealer and just paying them to do it...FU&*k88ciakpioabhjksdnvurvnupw;akl!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:33 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dumb question, but what are you doing to bleed the system? The clutch doesn't bleed like brakes (pump and hold, then crack the bleeder).

Its sorta the opposite. Crack Bleeder, depress pedal and hold down, close bleeder, repeat. Pump and hold won't remove air.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Default No Dealer!!!

yo if u have a 98-00 or an unfortunat 01-02 and u kep bleedin and seein air comeout then ur clutch pedal is fine right? then after a while it gets soggy again and u find more air right? Did u check that rubber boot for a hole even pinsize? if thats not it we in the same boat, but i know whats up... its ur slave cylinder leakin... after u bleed it watch were u park and u will see a wet spot on the floor... looks like between ur oil pan and transmission, some may say its ur rear main gasket, buts its ur slave leakin! Dont go to dealer or if u go lemme know if that was it... im just waiting for clutch master and upgrade slave to comein to replace all at one time cuz slave replacement needs tranny dropped, VERY EXPENSIVE AT DEALER!!! lemme know wassup
Old 02-16-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its sorta the opposite. Crack Bleeder, depress pedal and hold down, close bleeder, repeat. Pump and hold won't remove air.
thats what i been doing..the correct way...
Old 02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2K T.A.R.A.
yo if u have a 98-00 or an unfortunat 01-02 and u kep bleedin and seein air comeout then ur clutch pedal is fine right? then after a while it gets soggy again and u find more air right? Did u check that rubber boot for a hole even pinsize? if thats not it we in the same boat, but i know whats up... its ur slave cylinder leakin... after u bleed it watch were u park and u will see a wet spot on the floor... looks like between ur oil pan and transmission, some may say its ur rear main gasket, buts its ur slave leakin! Dont go to dealer or if u go lemme know if that was it... im just waiting for clutch master and upgrade slave to comein to replace all at one time cuz slave replacement needs tranny dropped, VERY EXPENSIVE AT DEALER!!! lemme know wassup
i dont think my slave is leaking. and all i told them was to bleed the system. dont worry about anything else. just bleed the system and get the air out. they said it would be 80 bucks, but at this point i really dont care. i just want the damn thing to engage and work properly..

Jon
Old 02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I've been having the same problem with mine. Mine is so bad that while sitting still I have to pump the pedal a few time to get it to shift into gear. I understand your frustration.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k2z28
I've been having the same problem with mine. Mine is so bad that while sitting still I have to pump the pedal a few time to get it to shift into gear. I understand your frustration.
thats exactly what happens to mine..right after i bleed it, that day or how ever long i drive it after im done bleeding it, the clutch is fine..but when it sits over night is when it happens. b/c the next day ill have the same problem all over again!!! im assuming there is a air bubble in the master that works its way down the line but for some reason doesnt come out. and while its in the line the master and slave are working great, the way there supposed to, b/c the clutch feels fine and the car shifts great. but while it sits over night the bubble works it way back up to the master and settles back to its WRONGFUL place and the pedal goes to poop again..that is my "theory" but im just tired of messing with it...its pissing me off and i bet i have over 40+ hours messing with the damn thing...so im done!

Jon
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Started my clutch swap a week ago. If I only knew before what I know now, could do one in a few hours now with all the short cuts.

When I took it apart the inside of the bellhousing was clean so I did not replace the slave. put it back together and bleed just to get the air from the QD out and my dump *** friend lets the it run dry. that was saturday. Bought the mittyvac helped alittle but still have to pump to get it in gear at a stand still, then its fine until I stop again.

A buddy of mine is coming over with a vacumm deal over to pull vacumm from the bleeder value, which is most likely what the dealer will do. I will let you know if it works.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found the easiest way is to remove the master and bench bleed it with a mini vac. I do this once and just plug it in. Haven't bled a clutch setup in a car for years now.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

im just tired of pulling the clutch hydraulics apart and putting them back together with no possitive results. so ill let the dealer do there thing and see how that works out...
Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
im just tired of pulling the clutch hydraulics apart and putting them back together with no possitive results. so ill let the dealer do there thing and see how that works out...
Let us know how the dealer bleeding works out. I'm dealing with the same issue after install , but have a new clutch coming from the company. I did the pump, open, close method for the slave bleed vice the open, pump, close...I wonder if I have room for improvement, mine felt pretty tight after but still not releasing enough for smooth shift.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

so is it that your pedal is going soft or that its not going into gear?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

This is why I just bought a power bleeder.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
so is it that your pedal is going soft or that its not going into gear?
both, when the pedal gets soft the car has trouble going into gears..reverse the worst
Old 02-17-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanZ28
This is why I just bought a power bleeder.
is that more then $80 bucks? if not where did you get it?