Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch pedal has no pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal has no pressure

i had a mcleod clutch with adjustable master installed a month ago and 2 weeks after it was installed i turned on the car and i heard a sound like a NOS kit purging (high pressure sound) and then the clutch still worked fine until 2 weeks after that, i started the car and it made the same sound and now my clutch pedal has no pressure. i tap it and it acts just like a swing. (bc i have no return spring. it always breaks) so what could be the problem?? is it a hose? or is it the hydrolics? thanks guys
Old 06-28-2003, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: clutch pedal has no pressure

have you checked the bleader valve? Perhaps the blead valve on the slave was open a little and leaked out. ???

To me it sounds like somehow you got a lot of air/don't have fluid in the system.

good luck
Old 06-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

ill have to check that out bc each time i heard the sound, no fluid leaked out just air. and there is no residue anywhere. where is the valve located?
Old 06-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

The vslve is just above the quick diconnect fitting where the hydraulic line goesd into the bellhousing. It is a 7/16"
Old 06-29-2003, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like air in the system to me try bleeding the system again. Mcleod says to bleed their system pump the pedal twice and on the second pump hold the pedal down and open the bleed valve. Do this twice and the adjustable rod on the m/c should just slide over the peg on the pedal without pushing the pedal down.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

hmmmmm now this is odd, i jacked the car up and looked at the bellhousing where the braided line connects, and i found a green connector and there is a plastic spacer or bushing and its totally cracked . and the connector is sticking about 1/4" out of the connection side of the bell housing. i try and push it all the way in, and the pressure pushes it back out. tell me what u guys think.. thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

That plastic spacer it there to disconnect the hose from the tranny. When you push it in towards the tranny, it pops the quick disconnect hose out of the slave cylinder. As far as it having a crack, mine has a slit cut through it, I guess so it can be replaced easily if it breaks, or is lost.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

well guys i found the problem, i took all of the under car apart and it was all flawless. so i moved to the interior and took apart the dash by the pedals. low and behold...... the sarm that holds the clutch pedal to the master cylider was snapped (its a screw shank looking thing...) so does anyone know where i can buy this repalcement part????? thanks to everyone for your help.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it's the Mcleod m/c you'll most likley have to give Mcleod a call for a replacement and make sure you get the jame nut tight on the rod.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal has no pressure