Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Light weight clutch options for LS1/M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by TT427
Would also like to be able to drive it only occasionally though.
See my post here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...56-magnum.html

Andrew
Old 03-01-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya, i have been searching and i saw that thread... what does the assembly you used weigh, and if you know the weight of the 7.5 with button and flexplate combo? Also, how is working, notice any characteristics good or bad?
Old 03-01-2015, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 903 Posts

Ya, i have been searching and i saw that thread... what does the assembly you used weigh, and if you know the weight of the 7.5 with button and flexplate combo? Also, how is working, notice any characteristics good or bad?
The single disk 8.5" with the billet stock diameter flywheel was under 20 pounds total.

I don't know the weight of a button assembly with a flex plate, but you can probably come up with an approximation if you Googled around for the weights of the individual parts.

The smaller diameter multi-disk clutches don't like to be slipped because that generates a lot of heat, which in turn will lead to the warping of the floater disks. Think of them more as on/off switches. I really would use them strictly on a race car.

Andrew
Old 03-02-2015, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there. So we make our LMC clutch specifically for road racing and circle track applications. It's a great clutch without many serious drivability sacrifices. It's designed for sustained high-rpm use and should suit your LS-BMW track rat perfectly. They're also becoming more popular with drag racers with big torque motors who are looking to reduce shock to the tires. If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot us a pm!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 421 Likes on 335 Posts

Just noticed this old thread was bumped....lol

Hey centerforce. What is the weight of your lmc clutch? What makes tge sustained high rpm better with it than the old design?

Hey Hio, wheres thus parts list at? If want to send me a pm that woukd be cool...
I tried to get a list for someone last year that pm'd me. It seems all the part numbers have changed. I did this back in 07.......still running that clutch, button, hydraulic release bearing to. Although i did put new discs and plates in a about 3 yrs ago.
Would also like to be able to drive it only occasionally though.
I drive it all the time....it's my dd.
Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
The single disk 8.5" with the billet stock diameter flywheel was under 20 pounds total.

I don't know the weight of a button assembly with a flex plate, but you can probably come up with an approximation if you Googled around for the weights of the individual parts.

The smaller diameter multi-disk clutches don't like to be slipped because that generates a lot of heat, which in turn will lead to the warping of the floater disks. Think of them more as on/off switches. I really would use them strictly on a race car.

Andrew
Mine slips fine. What makes them feel more grabby than they are is the throttle cracker. Reduce or eliminate that and they drive fine. Every once in a while mine will get a little chattery. When it does i beat on it some and it smooths up.

Quick Reply: Light weight clutch options for LS1/M3