Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Syncros from D&D Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Syncros from D&D Performance

OK, My syncros are toast. It started with popping out of 3rd but now I cant even get third or fourth. Second and reverse are going now...WTF Yes reverse pops out. No I dont do BURNOUTS IN REVERSE like the guy in the kill section.

D&D has a syncro kit for 229.00 and its all the syncros and forks, I think. I have a guy that will rebuild the tranny but I have to get all the parts.
They also have a bearing kit should I just replace everything? I am selling my shifter and getting a ripper. I wont downshift anymore without double clutching..I think thats what got me this time.
Is there anything else to upgrade to stop this madness.

The drill mod is done. 01 slave spec stage 3 clutch and flywheel, hurst shifter...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Syncros from D&D Performance

Let your tranyy guy tear it down and see if he thinks anything else needs to be replaced. You will probably need at least one new gear.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

The "synchro kit" from D&D is misleading, IMHO. All it includes is blocker rings, retainer rings, slider keys, plastic fork tabs, a shifter cup, and maybe a couple other small parts. It does not include any synchro assemblies, nor does it replace a true problem - the slider gear itself.

If you're unable to get it in to / out of 3rd/4th, then the keys on your slider have likely jammed. These keys can break, which is why they're included in the D&D kit. However, I've seen "rebuilt" transmissions that reused the slider gears themselves... whose teeth were quite chewed up and dulled.

Don't expect their 'kit' to solve all the problems. Before you order anything, tear in to it and make a list. To fix it right, you'll need more than their 'kit'.

And don't forget the steel 3-4 shift fork.

Good luck,

-Andrew
Old 09-07-2003, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with camarohalic.also,for some unknown reason d&d's syncros would NOT work in my 01 trans.they would grind bad in 4th gear,we had to use stock ones to fix it.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

IF u never took a t56 apart u will never know,I ended up gettting a new trans from them it was cheaper and more reliable. By the way i never heard of double clutching the trans to shift?
Old 09-08-2003, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wont downshift anymore without double clutching..I think thats what got me this time.
Is there anything else to upgrade to stop this madness.
You don't necessarily need to double clutch to downshift...You just need to rev match. I'll usually press the clutch in and rev the engine up as I'm pushing the shifter into the lower gear. I can do 6-3 downshifts on the freeway smooth as silk like this. Although, when I make an even larger jump like 6-2, I will usually double clutch. Makes me cringe when I'm riding with people who just jam the shifter into the lower gear and let the clutch out...the tires let out a screech as the engine fights to get up to speed
Old 09-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Wait a second here...

The D&D sycnros themselves aren't any better????
Old 09-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Banned

Riddle me this Batman?

1> There is no need to go with D&D syncro kit?
2> If rebuilt with gm stuff will it be just fine, and cheaper?
3> Is the upgraded 3/4 syncro worth $50.00 from D&D.
4> Where would you get your parts if you were building for a street racer. Ebay has a kit for around 200.00 its a rebuild kit could someone check it out and give some input...

Thanks,

The reason I asked is because I now know whats killing them in my car. Down shifting... I do a lot of it but I will not do it without double clutching now.

Quick Reply: Syncros from D&D Performance