Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Find Anything Worth Getting Up For on Black Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Onkyo is a decent brand for the money but no where near top of the line...

also Klipsch

let me recommend a couple brands for top of the line

Speakers: B&W (Bowers & Wilkins)

recievers/separates: (McIntosh, Rotel)

also becareful with Onkyo, they have a lower crap line, and a higher end line...too bad it isnt separated with a name like poineer is...Pioneer or Poineer Elite
I'm talkin top of the line for realistic affordable average person stereo. Of course there is better than what is sold in major retailers. Just don't have much drive to spend $2,000-$10,000 on something I'll never notice. An Onkyo 7.1 is plenty high end enough for me to be more than satisfied.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
I'm talkin top of the line for realistic affordable average person stereo. Of course there is better than what is sold in major retailers. Just don't have much drive to spend $2,000-$10,000 on something I'll never notice. An Onkyo 7.1 is plenty high end enough for me to be more than satisfied.
well you said top of the line, not top of the line realistic affordable person...and i would seriously look into b&w's 603 series not as much as you think, especially if you can a pair off craigslist that only had 10 hrs on them and looks bland new...$600, i am not talking their nautilus line for 10k a speaker

also if you want a really nice mid line that sounds like a 3k speaker check out paradigm...their subs are really hard to beat too, give a ps1000 or ps1200 a listen...they are pretty reasonable too...

read some reviews on both brands b&w 600 series and paradigm...

Quick Reply: Find Anything Worth Getting Up For on Black Friday?