Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Oklahoma People

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oklahoma People

was just wandering how big the ls community is in Oklahoma now. My wife and I are discussing moving to Northern Oklahoma; and was hoping there were atleast cruses and meets every now and again. And if theres not, lets have some.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i live in Edmond, OK. OKGMP is a big club full of LSX cars. havent been able to join yet, but i will when im able to free up some time. this club is very active
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Tenured Member

cool, I was hoping so. I figured there was something around tulsa or oklahoma city, but wasnt sure. I'll have to check into the club. Thanks Alot!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasstls1
cool, I was hoping so. I figured there was something around tulsa or oklahoma city, but wasnt sure. I'll have to check into the club. Thanks Alot!
no prob man. ya its around OKC. i think their website is okgmp.com
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by nemss1
no prob man. ya its around OKC. i think their website is okgmp.com
cool, I found it and checked it out. Pretty nice site bunch of pretty cars. Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

I'm from Tulsa...live in Wichita for now, but may be moving back in a year or two.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
I'm from Tulsa...live in Wichita for now, but may be moving back in a year or two.
Hows the scene around wichita? We are talking about moving to the Ponca City area; and used to do some street racing in wichita years ago (probably like 96). Still happening up that way?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

ya u bet man. ya im waiting to get my life straightened out with my fiance and get her back home and plan on joining OKGMP as soom as i do such. shes into the car club idea. so hope to see u there
Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Hows the scene around wichita? We are talking about moving to the Ponca City area; and used to do some street racing in wichita years ago (probably like 96). Still happening up that way?
It has been a long time since I have been out street racing. I'll give anyone that challenges me on my daily commute a run for their money, but I do most of my racing at the track. We have some decent get-togethers and car shows though.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Tenured Member

It has been a long time since I have been out street racing. I'll give anyone that challenges me on my daily commute a run for their money, but I do most of my racing at the track. We have some decent get-togethers and car shows though.

is the drag strip in wichita still open, or do you all head down to ark city and go to that track?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

The ls scene is to bad in okc area. Theres 4 cammed ls fbodies, 2 bolt ons in my town north of okc alone. Edmond has lots of modded fbodies, same for yukon and south okc. There everywhere lol id like the vette seen to grow though.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I living in Edmond/OKC 2001-2002 there was a bunch, a few were complete dicks but for the most parts good guys.

There was a 98+ V6 camaro with quite a bit done to it, and a guy with a 305 IROC 5 speed car with a lot done that ran 12's if I remember right, it was a fun car.

You drive like 5 minutes in Edmond and you are way out in the Boonies, plenty of area to have fun in your car but if you get hurt you are kinda screwed.... can't call 911 and tell them you are out by an old tree hahaha.

For the most part I really liked the area. My sister in law is living in Edmond right now going to the school that I went to.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

there is quite a big club in Guthrie (just north of Edmond) called the Street Kings. i belong to that club which is a variety of cars. they race north of Guthrie on Highway 77. the area they race at is famous known as 'Lawrie Flatts.' streetkingsokla.com is their website. any of u guys familiar with this club or the area they race at? just curious
Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

The place sound Familiar.

I know a lot of people just head out the the dried up river bed areas. North ish of Edmond with the radio towers to you back, Sorry, its been a while hahaha.

I know a TON of off road guys go out that way to have fun.

Thats what I like about that part of the country, a ton of places to go thats not to far away and its out in the open, lots of fun.

People even go and throw parties out there.

Just be carefull if a storm pops up...
Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
The place sound Familiar.

I know a lot of people just head out the the dried up river bed areas. North ish of Edmond with the radio towers to you back, Sorry, its been a while hahaha.

I know a TON of off road guys go out that way to have fun.

Thats what I like about that part of the country, a ton of places to go thats not to far away and its out in the open, lots of fun.

People even go and throw parties out there.

Just be carefull if a storm pops up...
that may be the place i was talking about, lawrie flatts (U.S. 77) by the cimarron river. lawrie flatts even has the 1/8 and 1/4 mile lines painted on the road. the cimarron has been known to flood
Old 01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Does not suprise me that its painted out. I don't street race these days but you could see other cars coming from miles away. Like I said, if you get hurt you are a little ways from help.

If there was any chance of a storm I would not go out there. A lot of times the dry river beds get a lot of water in them QUICK! More of a danger for the off road people though.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, quite a few LSx cars and a few LTslo's
Old 01-22-2009, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
Yes, quite a few LSx cars and a few LTslo's
u talking about the edmond/guthrie area?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

is the drag strip in wichita still open, or do you all head down to ark city and go to that track?
Wichita International Raceway was bought out and is now Kansas International Dragway. They have done a lot of work to it, and it is decent now.

Ark City....??? Are you kidding? I have only run there once, and it was scarry as hell! That track is in BAD shape.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Tenured Member

Wichita International Raceway was bought out and is now Kansas International Dragway. They have done a lot of work to it, and it is decent now.

Ark City....??? Are you kidding? I have only run there once, and it was scarry as hell! That track is in BAD shape.

lol that track was scary in 1980 when my parents first started taking me there. I didnt know about the Wichita to Kansas International thing. Thats good to hear someone spending money on a track.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma People