Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC

I have been looking for an exhaust shop in OKC that will make a mandrel ORY with a flowmaster merge collector. I cant seem to find one that even has a mandrel bender or I get told they can't do it with the flowmaster merge collector because theres not enough room.

So I know there is enough room since people do it all the time. If anyone knows a place that can do this for a reasonable price please let me know. I would perfer not to have to order an ORY. I know it will fit just not as good.

A performance shop that I can take my future business to would be great to.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't go to Champion Muffler. it's in MWC (anyone from OK can agree that it's all 'the city'). if you look at some of the x-pipe related threads, you'll see pictures of what they did to my h-pipe. i have more clearance where my dumps are than i do in the front by my headers.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I went there to ask them if they could do it and told me there wasn't enough clearance for an ORY with a flowmaster merge collector lol. They didn't have a mandrel bender anyway.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Launching!

yeah they also said i couldn't run an h-pipe "let alone an x-pipe". after arguing with him for about 20 minutes, i went home, printed off like 3 random pictures from ls1sounds.com and brought them back and said "yes, you can run it like this". then they [attempted] to make me an h-pipe, and severely fucked up the driver's side right at the collector. it looks so ugly from the side. if i had money i'd pay someone out here in cali to fix it and make it nicer.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Launching!

here's the link to the pictures i took about a week after they did that.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11533314-post522.html
Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think I might just order an edelbrock y-pipe and modify it a little to fit. It doesnt cost that much everyone says it fits good and seem to have a worth a **** merge.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Launching!

i got tired of scraping on mine, so i took it off this weekend. after a few hours of my time, 3 dremel cutting wheels, a broken flathead screwdriver tip, and a lot of cuts on my arm, this is what i have.

if you're wondering why one side looks all cut up, it's because i told them this exactly: "i want to be able to easily remove this if i need to, so please don't make welds on my headers". what do you think they did when i wasn't looking? i had to take a flathead a lot and try and pry the exhaust from the weld, so now there's a little ding in my headers.

and in the picture, notice how there's only ONE spot, ONE SPOT in the whole exhaust, where i scrape. that spot happens to be right by my driver's side header.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC-dscf2996.jpg   Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC-dscf2997.jpg   Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC-dscf2998.jpg   Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC-dscf2999.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just ended up ordering a y-pipe and the next day I found a performance shop off the NW expressway close to were I live rrr go figure lol. I still have to modify the edelbrock one order anyway since they have a 3.5 inch slip over and not a 3 inch.

I am so tired of exhaust shops around here. It's so funny how many people hate working on f-body. There not that bad.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Launching!

what shop did you find? everytime i'm home i never get to have enough time to find anywhere.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

check out www.okgmp.com they are sponsors on there.

Quick Reply: Looking for an Exhaust shop in OKC