Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Peoria IL Area? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peoria IL Area? Need Help

Hey im from Davenport IA and i just recently moved down to Peoria to start school at Bradley. I have had some pretty tough luck with finding some part time employment to coincide with my school schedule.

Anyway, basically what i started this thread for was to see if any of you fellow gear heads had any contacts in Peoria that needed some part time help.

I have my 2 year degree in Drafting and Design/Engineering Tech and I am at Bradley working on my Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering. I have over 6 years of experience in Adobe Photoshop, 10 years in Microsoft Office Programs, and almost 3 years experience with drafting software such as AutoCAD, NX6, and Inventor. I also have experience in auto tech and computer hardware.

Any help is much appreciated. Please feel free to PM me or email me at scuba9_steve@hotmail.com

Thank You,
Brandon
Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

I hate to say it but with Cat not picking up to much and with the other shops around staying low on orders I bet it will be hard to find some part time help. That even goes for the retail business around the area. If it was me i'd just throw out some applications to see if you can get your name in the door anywhere. What kind of part time work are you going for anyways? The seasonal stuff is pretty well winding down with landscaping and construction. Also I don't know what kind of demand E-Serv is needing for part time employment out on allen road if your looking in to using your associates degree.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Yea ive been here for over a month and have put my app in at about 15 places, with no call backs and the "We're not hiring at the moment" when i call them.

Id love to get into Cat, but i dont see that happening anytime soon. Id basically settle for ALMOST any type of part time job right now as long as its not like fast food or...like walmart or something of that nature. Id prefer something in the auto world or it would be nice to actually get a job that coincides with my degree. Thanks for the input. Ill check out E-serv.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Well auto related hit up some dealerships but without going the the auto programs you'll probably be the lube or car washer guy part time. I know on the local board you hear all the time people being unemployed and it sucks evertime you hear about it. One nice thing is that you couldn't be in school at a better time.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Also what kinda car do you drive? You should hit up Vicary day at cordova in October. A lot of guys here locally are having a little street car challenge.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Thats true, its a great time to be in school!

Just sold off my 90 z28. Im stuck with my 4.7 Dakota lol. that thing is slower that 2 old ppl gettin in on though lol.

Yeah thatd b fun, im sure a bunch of my QC buddies will b there.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cat is still on a hiring freeze as far as I know. Good luck getting into anything in engineering in this area...that goes for Eserv or any other contractor in the area. There are a lot of good engineers in this area that are working in retail right now. I know of some good engineers that can't even land a drafting job in the area.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I went to Bradley I worked as a grader and researcher for the engineering/construction department. I would apply with your department and see if you can pick up one of those positions.

It wasn't great money but it was an extra 300 bucks every 2 weeks.

~Jim~

Quick Reply: Peoria IL Area? Need Help