Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Open House at Route66 Motorsports for Camaro Enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open House at Route66 Motorsports for Camaro Enthusiasts

Route 66 Motorsports is having an open house event located in New Lenox, IL. Come hang out, have some pizza, beer and soda on us, and lets get ready for the upcoming Camaro season. Click on link below for flyer information (P.S. click on document link for flyer). Please PM me so I know if you're coming so I can get a head count. Thanks, Bill.

http://route66motorsports.shutterfly.com/clubevents
Old 01-19-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want to go... its the day after my bday lol. that sounds really fun. idk if i can get off work for it though
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad, but the car doesn't come out of storage till May.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
I want to go... its the day after my bday lol. that sounds really fun. idk if i can get off work for it though
Just let me know if you can go so I can get an acurate head count.
Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Not bad, but the car doesn't come out of storage till May.
Don't worry about bringing your car out. No one will have their cars out. Its just a chance for Camaro guys to get together and talk about their cars etc....... So far I have all kinds of Camaro guys coming. 67-2010 Alls I ask is that you give a heads up for coming. Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

I've been getting a few questions about the open house. Yes the American Hero's Project Car III will be there along with some other fun project cars. Also if you have pictures of your own Camaro or other rides bring them. Everyone loves to project pictures and what everyone is driving. Lastly just come and have fun. Please ask any questions if you have them. Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you work for route 66 motorsports? Not raining on their parade, but I think those people charge a ton of money for a whole lot of nothing. Two years ago they debuted a 69 camaro that was two toned, decent interior, and I think it was a big block in it, all for around 200,000. They obviously used alot of bondo for those hood scoops on there, and the car was not very straight. They had to move their car due to a very clean 68 camaro next to it because someone did not know how to buff a car, and the paint was very hazy for that amount of money. The interior was pretty nice though, I hope they got their act together on the paint work, for a 35 year old hot rod shop, I would expect better.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slingshot928
Do you work for route 66 motorsports? Not raining on their parade, but I think those people charge a ton of money for a whole lot of nothing. Two years ago they debuted a 69 camaro that was two toned, decent interior, and I think it was a big block in it, all for around 200,000. They obviously used alot of bondo for those hood scoops on there, and the car was not very straight. They had to move their car due to a very clean 68 camaro next to it because someone did not know how to buff a car, and the paint was very hazy for that amount of money. The interior was pretty nice though, I hope they got their act together on the paint work, for a 35 year old hot rod shop, I would expect better.
No I don't work for them, they are working on my car (69 Camaro W/LS1) and they asked what I thought about helping them spread the word for an open house for Camaro guys. Their prices are very fair I have found from talking to other shops etc..... Not sure about that $200,000 Camaro your talking about, so I can't comment on it. Although they did the American Hero's Project Car II and it took in $500,000.00 at Barrett Jackson and are working on the American Hero's Project Car III. They have also been in a ton of magazines. check them out www.rt66motorsports.com and on top of it all they have been very nice and professional while working with my project car.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

We'll try to make it out there, since it's right down the street.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good Mike I'll put you down.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats cool, was not trying to bash anybody, do you have any pics of your camaro?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

here's a few shots
Attached Thumbnails Open House at Route66 Motorsports for Camaro Enthusiasts-img_2743.jpg   Open House at Route66 Motorsports for Camaro Enthusiasts-img_2746.jpg   Open House at Route66 Motorsports for Camaro Enthusiasts-img_2744.jpg