Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed inc. Yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed Inc all the way. Great guys to deal with. They will help you and answer any questions you have. I've purchased 90% of my parts from them.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

yes.. TS6 is 100% correct

guys..thanks again for showing your support for Speed Inc and myself. We really appreciate the business from all over you over the years and look forward to many more years of business.

I'm here to help at anytime, so as I have said many times never hesitate to email me about anything. I will always try to help our point you in the right direction if we can not.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want a store/shop that has made many PROVEN cars both in numbers and at the strip, friendly customer service, fast response times, more than fair prices, and all around awesome guys to work with, there is no substitute.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

I'm getting 4.10s and speedo recal done tomorrow and Larry has been absolutely fantastic about getting back to me as best he can, and as fast as he can and I feel completely confident that things will go well, based on everyone else's input and Larry's customer service skills, thus far. Will let you know end results later in the week. Thanks Larry!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Default Yes!

Got my 4.10s in and got the appropriate speedometer/ECU changes needed for the new gear and tire/wheel size... ...and for a good price! Very nice guy, that Larry. Even let me walk through the shop to get to my car. I was pleasantly surprised at all the American muscle in back! My overall experience was fantastic and I don't have a single complaint about my new gears or Speed Inc!

I absolutely expect to take my future heads/cam work to Larry.

+1,000,000 HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

If I had a way to get my car to Speed Inc. I'd have them tune my car. But I'm all the way in Detroit. We will see though. Glad to see everyone is happy with them!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GothMetalForever
Got my 4.10s in and got the appropriate speedometer/ECU changes needed for the new gear and tire/wheel size... ...and for a good price! Very nice guy, that Larry. Even let me walk through the shop to get to my car. I was pleasantly surprised at all the American muscle in back! My overall experience was fantastic and I don't have a single complaint about my new gears or Speed Inc!

I absolutely expect to take my future heads/cam work to Larry.

+1,000,000 HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Matt

I'm glad we could help with your install and appreciate the good word.

thanks again

Originally Posted by PWND3r
If I had a way to get my car to Speed Inc. I'd have them tune my car. But I'm all the way in Detroit. We will see though. Glad to see everyone is happy with them!
Detriot is not too far and we would be glad to help with costs to offset the trip

give me a shout sometime
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, we appreciate it and are glad to be of service

-Jim
Larry is getting all the props...what about Jim...he is one of the best tuners in the Midwest...I don't let to many people touch my car and I do all my own work but I feel comfortable with my car in their hands...

will that get me another 5rwhp

ps Larry is he man

Last edited by chrs1313; 02-05-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Larry is getting all the props...what about Jim...he is one of the best tuners in the Midwest...I don't let to many people touch my car and I do all my own work but I feel comfortable with my car in their hands...

will that get me another 5rwhp

ps Larry is he man
ha! thanks Chris

Jim is good and I have to give him that...I'm looking for his touch myself soon.

We look forward to re-tuning your car after that special oil/filter change to see the gains
Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I've been dealing with Speed for 9 yrs. The car has went from bone stock to where it is today. From 13.3's to 8.2's @ 168. What a great bunch of guys. My car has never been anywhere else. As far as what they have done, the list is too long! lol You name it and it's been done.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I've been dealing with Speed for 9 yrs. The car has went from bone stock to where it is today. From 13.3's to 8.2's @ 168. What a great bunch of guys. My car has never been anywhere else. As far as what they have done, the list is too long! lol You name it and it's been done.

I remember that day you came by looking for a little info to modify your brand new WS6.

thanks Andy
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

In the beginning speed inc really gave me a push in the right direction. I was truely a car noob when I started bugging Larry and he answered my questions all perfectly. I just have a little issue with the install of my electric cutout.

It had a bad ticking noise right after the install, I took it back to them but they said they couldn't do anything about that. Which baffled me because later someone else tightened some bolt that was lose and the ticking went away. Also the button to open and close the cutout was put directly under my cigarette lighter, which aesthetically doesn't look so hot. I didn't tell them where to put it, but I didn't think it'd be there just all squished in. Also they used a flat button which was crooked instead of a flip switch, just a little confused at that as well.

Also Larry told me to get a "2800-3000" size torque converter for a daily driver. I can understand 3000, but honestly everyone on here refuted this advice and told me the 2800 would be a waste of money. Right now I have the 3500 size in and I haven't seen a big difference in MPG. Also Larry did suggest to me the catted SLP headers, which everyone on here hates because of their ground clearance and everyone knows these cars don't need cats in IL to pass smog. He also suggested the SI1 cam, which is more than a baby cam. Like an infant cam I suppose. I stated I wanted in the 400rwhp-450rwhp. I'm not sure a 220/220 + SLP headers + 2800 stall combo would net me that. But what do I know? I am truly not educated in modifying cars, just internet knowledge. Maybe there was some confusion as to what I wanted from my car.

Anyway all in all the reviews here should be helpful

Last edited by ryonyanko; 02-06-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
In the beginning speed inc really gave me a push in the right direction. I was truely a car noob when I started bugging Larry and he answered my questions all perfectly. I just have a little issue with the install of my electric cutout.

It had a bad ticking noise right after the install, I took it back to them but they said they couldn't do anything about that. Which baffled me because later someone else tightened some bolt that was lose and the ticking went away. Also the button to open and close the cutout was put directly under my cigarette lighter, which aesthetically doesn't look so hot. I didn't tell them where to put it, but I didn't think it'd be there just all squished in. Also they used a flat button which was crooked instead of a flip switch, just a little confused at that as well.

Also Larry told me to get a "2800-3000" size torque converter for a daily driver. I can understand 3000, but honestly everyone on here refuted this advice and told me the 2800 would be a waste of money. Right now I have the 3500 size in and I haven't seen a big difference in MPG. Also Larry did suggest to me the catted SLP headers, which everyone on here hates because of their ground clearance and everyone knows these cars don't need cats in IL to pass smog.

Anyway all in all the reviews here should be helpful
wow..this seems all off to me

can you email me your name?

We installed the switch which comes with the cutout and in a location best suited. We normally install them by the diagnostic connector unless asked to do otherwise.

a tick from a cutout install? There are times we see them not seal 100% due to the flap / valve seal, but other then that its rather simple gasket and 3 bolt flange to tighten. We would never tell someone we can not help with an issue or anything that concerned a customer.

I never suggest anything less then a 3200 for a car or it's exactly as stated a waste IMO....unless a customer stressed a lot of concern about being a DD and still at that point I always stress otherwise. The MPG would show little to no difference with a 3200-3600 unless the car was driven very aggressively around town. I have had a 4000 stall in my 53 old dads car for years and he drives it all the time in nice weather.

I have never been a fan of SLP headers and see no reason I would suggest those to you either. Kooks or Dynatech would be my suggestion for a catted setup..though SLP's new version are much nicer for ground clearance and Y fitment.

thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by jim1450
Why would someone post this question?
They are a site sponsor & correct me if I am wrong but users are not allowed to bash sponsors.
Kind of funny that all the sponsors make money off the users & users must exercise caution on what they say about them, guess its ls1tech protecting the people that feed them.
Not that I have anything to say about Speedinc's work.
Good point, BUT if you've ever had a business you will run into people who you CAN NOT satisfy! Some people can't admit their own fault. Just because a customer didn't get thier way, (being irrational) they can't continue to bash a sponsor in threads. There's a sponsor feedback section.
Many times the issue has been hashed out many times over. I have stepped in a few times where I felt the customer was right to come up with a solution for both parties.
I'm not saying a vendor will never make a mistake, they have and they will. It's how they handle the mistake that earns them thier reputation.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Good point, BUT if you've ever had a business you will run into people who you CAN NOT satisfy! Some people can't admit their own fault. Just because a customer didn't get thier way, (being irrational) they can't continue to bash a sponsor in threads. There's a sponsor feedback section.
Many times the issue has been hashed out many times over. I have stepped in a few times where I felt the customer was right to come up with a solution for both parties.
I'm not saying a vendor will never make a mistake, they have and they will. It's how they handle the mistake that earns them thier reputation.
This is not toward Speedinc. What I put in bold is true as can be. Some sponsors fail to realize this basic principle of customer service. It is true some people can't admit their own fault but this applies to not only customers but toward sponsors also. Some of us as consumers work hard for our money and expect to be treated with respect at all times. I understand that mistakes happen but if a sponsor is going to be an arrogant ***** and not admit to fault then to hell with them.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
This is not toward Speedinc. What I put in bold is true as can be. Some sponsors fail to realize this basic principle of customer service. It is true some people can't admit their own fault but this applies to not only customers but toward sponsors also. Some of us as consumers work hard for our money and expect to be treated with respect at all times. I understand that mistakes happen but if a sponsor is going to be an arrogant ***** and not admit to fault then to hell with them.
I agree, I work hard for my money and spend alot of it on my car! Those businesses tend not to last very long.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

great shop, good prices... its easy to get 400 rwhp. i have bolt ons and a cam no heads and got 425 rwhp!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
wow..this seems all off to me

can you email me your name?

We installed the switch which comes with the cutout and in a location best suited. We normally install them by the diagnostic connector unless asked to do otherwise.

a tick from a cutout install? There are times we see them not seal 100% due to the flap / valve seal, but other then that its rather simple gasket and 3 bolt flange to tighten. We would never tell someone we can not help with an issue or anything that concerned a customer.

I never suggest anything less then a 3200 for a car or it's exactly as stated a waste IMO....unless a customer stressed a lot of concern about being a DD and still at that point I always stress otherwise. The MPG would show little to no difference with a 3200-3600 unless the car was driven very aggressively around town. I have had a 4000 stall in my 53 old dads car for years and he drives it all the time in nice weather.

I have never been a fan of SLP headers and see no reason I would suggest those to you either. Kooks or Dynatech would be my suggestion for a catted setup..though SLP's new version are much nicer for ground clearance and Y fitment.

thanks
I can forward you the emails, just give me a second.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
I can forward you the emails, just give me a second.
thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed inc is great. I buy all my parts from there and install them myself. Every shop in the area had a 4+week waiting list for a tune, i called larry and the next morning my car was at speed inc being tuned. I took my car to the track with no tune then took it to the track after the tune and they took half a second off my 1/4 mile time and +4 mph. Thanks again Larry.

Quick Reply: Speed inc. Yes or no?