Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

What to see along the way?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to see along the way?

My roomate and I are doing a roadtrip from Canada, to Texas in early September. We're trying to get everything planned out now so we can start saving up. We're wondering what's interesting to see along the way? We'll be leaving from BC, Canada, and hitting Washington, Idaho, Utah, and New Mexico along the way, and Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington (again) on the way back.

Looking for any suggestions for sightseeing, and if anyone with an F-body wants to meet up for a beer, we're game (even though Canadian beer is way better...)

Also, where are some good tracks, I fully intend on racing while we're down there!

Cheers,

Amanda
Old 04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i got you guys covered here in california if you come by way of los angeles, i live in hollywood not far from the W hotel. we've got bars, history, and celebrities. we've got the canyons and pacific coast highway to drive. pm me.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

AWESOME!!! Hollywood is definately on the list of "to see". We'll be roadtripping around for about 3 weeks, so we've got tons of time
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

The west coast is fun. I should be heading back out that way some time soon.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LadyDriven
My roomate and I are doing a roadtrip from Canada, to Texas in early September. We're trying to get everything planned out now so we can start saving up. We're wondering what's interesting to see along the way? We'll be leaving from BC, Canada, and hitting Washington, Idaho, Utah, and New Mexico along the way, and Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington (again) on the way back.

Looking for any suggestions for sightseeing, and if anyone with an F-body wants to meet up for a beer, we're game (even though Canadian beer is way better...)

Also, where are some good tracks, I fully intend on racing while we're down there!

Cheers,

Amanda
Ummm the LTXSHOOTOUT is SEPT 4th in BG Kentucky. Ill buy you a beer if you come!
Also if your interested in seeing Chicago there a bunch of us in the area and Im sure we could show ya around after or B4 the Shootout. Hell you could road trip with us down to BG then road trip with the texas boys after.

Think every bad *** LT1 you read about will be there and its like a huge party after the race with LTXers from around the country.
Good times!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

**** yeah! I had no idea! Damn, I need to save more money now! Haha

and I'll take you up on that beer
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Ummm the LTXSHOOTOUT is SEPT 4th in BG Kentucky. Ill buy you a beer if you come!
Also if your interested in seeing Chicago there a bunch of us in the area and Im sure we could show ya around after or B4 the Shootout. Hell you could road trip with us down to BG then road trip with the texas boys after.

Think every bad *** LT1 you read about will be there and its like a huge party after the race with LTXers from around the country.
Good times!
I dunno about them LTX guy's lol J/K.. And yes chicago is A great Stop There are Alot of mean fast clean cars here that get down all the time.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll take you out on the boat on the lake

just sayin. bring me some of that high alcohol beer from canada please!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Is there anywhere to camp out at the LTX shootout? Darci and I cant afford to stay in hotels for the entire month we're roadtripping, so we're bringing a tent and camping everywhere to cut costs!

And roadtripping down with people sounds great! I didn't realize how far Kentucky was from me though. Google maps says its a full day and 16 hours worth of driving. Yikes.

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
I dunno about them LTX guy's lol J/K.. And yes chicago is A great Stop There are Alot of mean fast clean cars here that get down all the time.
Hey! I'm one of those "LTX guys"! lol. Well.. LtX girl... whatever..

Originally Posted by xpndbl3
i'll take you out on the boat on the lake

just sayin. bring me some of that high alcohol beer from canada please!
Riiiiight, I forgot, you guys have really weak beer don't ya? lol
Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Yes they have camping at the track they also have a oval track/drag strip and Amusement park all at the same place. I was trying to get a bunch of people to camp out but all these city slickers are scared of the dark or some crap. lol

Also the same track is have a huge LSX event like the week after/b4 the LTxshootout.

We have some pretty strong brews down here too. But def bring some down with ya!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Sweet. I'll camp out, us Canadian girls ain't scared!

Haha, with how many people have asked me to bring beer, I'm going to have to tow a trailer...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Damn, I was just looking at the classes, and I have no idea what class I'll fit in
Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

I am trying to get my car done and set on kill for the LSX shoot out and hoping to go see you all run at the LTX shoot out. Hope To See Achotrod and Larry And bolo click off some new best times. Ac you will hit 10's and i still yet have to see you car at rsd or the track.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Can you register for one of the N/A classes even if you have a nitrous set up on the car? I'd like to run in the N/A class (I'm worried about spraying, and having it blow up 3000km from home!)
Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Yes you can have a kit on the car, youll just have to pull the bottle or line. Ill probably have a kit on my car but will pull all the heavy stuff since Im running NA also.

98blueSS I hope to be in the bottom 10s/9s this yr on the bottle and low low 11s high 10s NA. I wont make any Thursday RSDs do to work and I work Sat and Sun so I dont get to the track as much as I want it to. I do go alot to GLD and Byron though so Im sure ill catch up with you soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Mike...if you don't hit 9s i'm going to punch you in the face.

then steal your tires.

you guys coming by the chicago area? i know a guy who has a party house. and a red 96 formy.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by birdmaro
Mike...if you don't hit 9s i'm going to punch you in the face.
HAHAHAHA Awesome. This just made my day.You sound like my kinda guy.

Originally Posted by birdmaro
you guys coming by the chicago area? i know a guy who has a party house. and a red 96 formy.
Dunno, we haven't worked out a "set route" yet. Chicago definately sounds interesting, I'm sure we could probably work it into our schedule.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

I'm trying to map out where we'll be and when. If we come to Chicago first, and drive down to the LTX shootout with a few people, that'd be great. I'm guessing you're leaving on the 3rd and camping out? Its about 35 hours worth of straight driving to get from Vancouver to Chicago. Plus I have to take a ferry from Victoria (I live on an island) to Vancouver (tack on an extra two ours for our shitty slow-*** commuter ferries). I figure if I leave on the 31st of August, and take turns driving with my roomate (oh dear god, I have to let her drive my car...), we can easily make it in 3 days.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

holy hell that is alot of driving...sounds fun though...

Rob you are going NHRA legal...oh man...
Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Oh that's nothing! That's just the first week! We plan on hitting up Texas, Roswell, Vegas, the Grand Canyon, LA, San Francisco, etc etc.. on the way back. We figure it'll take 3-4 weeks

Quick Reply: What to see along the way?