Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

cleveland ohio

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cleveland ohio

cleveland ohio sucks for shops that work on and dyno ls cars anyone know of a good shop in the area??
Old 06-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Backstreet performance in medina, big 3 racing in hinckley, Hutter racing in chardon to name a few.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002SOMSS
Backstreet performance in medina, big 3 racing in hinckley, Hutter racing in chardon to name a few.
thats about it !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Big Shot Dyno is a nice place to go.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aerojt
Big Shot Dyno is a nice place to go.
where is this located at?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

holy jesus ok guys called eric at backstreet performance and wow i feel like he tried to rape me you guys let me know he said 1000.00 to install headers,fast 90,ory and a tune thsi seems a little high to me what about you guys??
Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not high at all. The tune alone for a first time LSx NA car is around $500. That's pretty standard and I've heard it being as high as $700 lately at another of the shops mentioned in this thread. $500 for the rest of the work you have seems fair when you look at the number of hours to do the work you want and materials supplied. Do the math. ...funny how some people think these shops should work for peanuts then complain that there's no shops around to do the work when they go under.

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 06-29-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jbigdawg79
where is this located at?
Big Shot isn't a LSx shop there's a reason why they sponsor Mustang forums.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

bunch of your buddies in a garage is the best, that's what I prefer.

If you need help with something LMK, i'm not extremely close but I work for pizza.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
Not high at all. The tune alone for a first time LSx NA car is around $500. That's pretty standard and I've heard it being as high as $700 lately at another of the shops mentioned in this thread. $500 for the rest of the work you have seems fair when you look at the number of hours to do the work you want and materials supplied. Do the math. ...funny how some people think these shops should work for peanuts then complain that there's no shops around to do the work when they go under.
im not saying peanuts im just saying a grand ok what does the work take 5-6 hrs max. cmon man i mean 100 a hour just to install its all bolt ons !! its cool i found a ls guy thats gonna do it for a fraction of that 450 tuned and out the door. why should the dam tunes be so expensive they already own the dyno machine and have been using it for years and have made theyre money back twice already. you can call dyno jet and get a dyno shipped to your door for 20k right now. tunes should be a little less than 500 more like 300
Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

300 is about as much as i'd pay for a tune...and i'd only pay that if i'm tuning the car once and never ever modding it again.

anything more than that and i'd just get hptuners or ls1edit and learn it myself.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
Big Shot isn't a LSx shop there's a reason why they sponsor Mustang forums.
Yes, but Big Shot also has pcmforless do all of their GM tuning stuff with Bryan in person. He has done a great job in the past for many of our GM cars, but as for putting the stuff on the rest of the prices look good.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickyzZ28
Yes, but Big Shot also has pcmforless do all of their GM tuning stuff with Bryan in person. He has done a great job in the past for many of our GM cars, but as for putting the stuff on the rest of the prices look good.
if you want to be overcharged for a garbage tune, take it to big shot!!!! they spent SERIOUSLY like 15 minutes and 3 pulls. and the first two pulls they only pulled to 4500 bc of a 02 sensor. i basically got one pull. then they tried charging me 500$ after quoting me 400 on the phone. never go back there again, or let anyone i know go there.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
if you want to be overcharged for a garbage tune, take it to big shot!!!! they spent SERIOUSLY like 15 minutes and 3 pulls. and the first two pulls they only pulled to 4500 bc of a 02 sensor. i basically got one pull. then they tried charging me 500$ after quoting me 400 on the phone. never go back there again, or let anyone i know go there.
Really, they have dyno tuned my budies car on 2 different occasions because of different setups and they charged 300 the first time and 2 years later he only charged 100 because we were repeat customers (both times by Bryan Herter). They have dynoed my car and a few other cars we have built and I even had a tuner come from SC to tune a turboed civic we built and they have always been professional and good to us. As for their work I can not comment. Also I highly doubt that Bryan Herter does garbage tuning for as long and as many big name cars he has tuned, not saying he is the best but I would never call it garbage...
Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had 2 nice dyno pulls there (Big Shot) just to see where my hp/tq was. I dunno if I would have them do too much.

Auto Dynamics in Tallmadge is a solid shop in my opinion. They are owned by Summit Racing and are housed with Trick Flow. Overall have done some good work for me and my family. They build all of Summit's demo cars too, like the ones you see in the catalogs and whatnot. Just look them up, nice place.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickyzZ28
Really, they have dyno tuned my budies car on 2 different occasions because of different setups and they charged 300 the first time and 2 years later he only charged 100 because we were repeat customers (both times by Bryan Herter). They have dynoed my car and a few other cars we have built and I even had a tuner come from SC to tune a turboed civic we built and they have always been professional and good to us. As for their work I can not comment. Also I highly doubt that Bryan Herter does garbage tuning for as long and as many big name cars he has tuned, not saying he is the best but I would never call it garbage...
just got some more bad news this weekend about what they did to my car,

im not a know it all about injectors, but, when he tuned my car i made sure i knew if they were close to being maxxed out. he told me they were at 76%. i took his word for it. bad idea. stock injectors only flow 24.1xxx(somewhere around there) for those injectors to work for my car, at the power level it was, they would be running at like 140%. most likely the reason the motor destroyed itself a few weeks later. not to mention he ran my car(stock bottom end) to 7200 rpm!. one the one and only good pull. that to me is garbage, im sry but there wasnt a single good thing about going there.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

im not a know it all about injectors, but, when he tuned my car i made sure i knew if they were close to being maxxed out. he told me they were at 76%. i took his word for it. bad idea. stock injectors only flow 24.1xxx(somewhere around there) for those injectors to work for my car, at the power level it was, they would be running at like 140%. most likely the reason the motor destroyed itself a few weeks later. not to mention he ran my car(stock bottom end) to 7200 rpm!. one the one and only good pull. that to me is garbage, im sry but there wasnt a single good thing about going there.
Sorry to hear that.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

that does suck. i've had my cars dyno'ed twice...the first time...the guy didn't know how to work the damn thing and i was there for 3 hours (not even getting a tune) and second time was AWESOME (modern muscle!)

not every shop is the same. some people have their heads up their own asses so much that they don't listen to anything anyone else has to say.

did you sign a damage waiver when you got your tune?...i am still a big fan of street tune for cars that see street action...and track tunes for cars that only see track. **** the dyno.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birdmaro
that does suck. i've had my cars dyno'ed twice...the first time...the guy didn't know how to work the damn thing and i was there for 3 hours (not even getting a tune) and second time was AWESOME (modern muscle!)

not every shop is the same. some people have their heads up their own asses so much that they don't listen to anything anyone else has to say.

did you sign a damage waiver when you got your tune?...i am still a big fan of street tune for cars that see street action...and track tunes for cars that only see track. **** the dyno.
yep signed a paper. now i know why they made me do it. ha.

i agree with the street tune idea, i will be street tuning my car once its together and will be track tunning as well, them compare, then if theyre close, keep an in-between tune.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Really sorry to hear that. Was it Bryan Herter that did the tuning? Sometimes I think people get to a point where they are more about volume and money than taking the time to do things right. Have you tried to contact them to see what they say? I hope everything works out for you and I will definately pass this on to some other people in the area who go there.

Quick Reply: cleveland ohio